Steam Community + SupCom ?

N3mi5is

Gawd
I can't seem to get the steam community to work in-game with supcom.

I have the supcom short-cut in the steam games window.

I don't see anywhere that the in-game community only works with steam games?

Is it possible to get the in-game community/chat stuff to work with non-steam games?

The game has to support it. So basically no it won't work with non-steam games.

No the community in-game is just an overlay similar to x-fire's. All the info in the steam knowledge base says that it works in any game.

Other non-steam games I have, I just tried and it works successfully. Just not in supcom.

Q - Does the Steam Community overlay render inside of third-party games that I add to Steam (i.e. Warcraft3 or Quake3)? Or does the overlay only work if I buy the games from Steam?
A - It will work with third-party games which you add. For instance Warcraft 3 and Quake 3 are both known to work.

The basic requirement is that the game uses D3D7, D3D8, D3D9, or OpenGL to do it's rendering. D3D10 will likely be supported in the future but is not today. Some older 2d games which use DDraw or software based rendering methods will also not work (for example Diablo). (read more)

I submitted this to steam support. I'll keep this thread updated with their response.

depends on the rendering method.

supcom uses something non-standard.

You can make it work with most games out there by adding the game launcher to your steam game list.

With supcom I get a "beep" sound when I try to hit the shortcut, I wonder if there is a conflict with that being bound in game and the two program's fighting eachother? Never been botherd enough yet to go and look since sup com alt tabb's so well for me O_O

It's a shame that SupCom never did hit Steam, even after THQ announced it was coming when they first signed on :(

You can make it work with most games out there by adding the game launcher to your steam game list.

With supcom I get a "beep" sound when I try to hit the shortcut, I wonder if there is a conflict with that being bound in game and the two program's fighting eachother? Never been botherd enough yet to go and look since sup com alt tabb's so well for me O_O

I've tried re-mapping the key combo to bring up the community in game, but no key combination seems to work.

Hmm I wonder if it could do with the multiple monitor setup and like was posted above the rendering system, but I thought that steam friends just overlayed ontop of the game and wasnt rendered by the game?

Hope steam gets back to you soon, they might not be able to say much since the game isnt in their offerings and integrated yet O_O

Their reply was that they would send it to the appropriate department. So I guess no one has reported this issue yet?

I hate to revive such an old thread, but I don't suppose anyone found the solution to this problem?

Back