Steam Community Question?

Fire488

Limp Gawd
I asked on the Steam Powered forums a few times and received no replies to date. I did make another post there today.

Question:
How do the massively populated Steam community Groups get their members?

I have been invited to groups that I have no Steam friends on no have i played on their gaming servers.

Are there bots created to randomly seek out steam users?

Just curious and I know the HF's members always has an answer.

Thanks

i would imagine based upon your information? because ive been asked to join random groups as well... but wouldn't it have been easier to just ignore them?

Thank you for answering, but I never said that i joined them. I was just asking if anyone knows how they do it. That's all.

Weird I have never gotten any invites at all. Unless I don't know where to look? I never cared to so that's probably why.

No idea though

Normally playing on a server someone goes thought he list and invites people they played with. Normally people they enjoyed. I know I playe don the FUG server on TF2 a few times but didnt get an invite to the fug community untill I did really well on the server and there was a fug memeber there.

I have had that happen as well, but there are some to which I have no friends and my Steam history does not show that I was ever on the community's servers.
Weird.

people play on other servers, ive been invited many a time, i think if u rack up decent scores or a team player it seems to bring more invites. or could be through association. some people just look for people to invite. i dont think its a bot cause i not heard of it being rampant at all. but you never know. I dont play tf2 but css and dod. i dont get invites all the time, but every so often i get 1 or 2. though im just speculating, but i think its done just the same as recruiters do it. though with less communication.

Typically it comes from people in-game noticing you play. If you're getting a lot of invites you're probably either good, or only play with complete n00bs. :p

There is a hardforum group for steam. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hardforum

I get invited all the time. It's usually because I play on a server (I always join whatever STEAM friends are on - there's always someone playing TF2 or something else).

After I leave, I get friend and group invites. Usually it's because people wanna advertise that server so they invite everyone or because you played well, talked or entertained people so they'll invite you to join their groups. I think it just spreads from person to person until some groups become huge.

The problem with large ground, including HardOCP is that the people don't even get displayed in the friends list, and from the web page, half the time I can't join anyone's game...so I basically never play with people from large groups unless they're on my friends list.

There's a script that you run that just searches for people in Steam and invites them to your group.

There's a script that you run that just searches for people in Steam and invites them to your group.

Now that is what I am looking for! Thank you.
What script?
Does this script invite random Steam ID's or just people that you may have been in contact with in one way or another?

1. Well first it creates more than a dozen empty steam accounts with random names (Names that's probably stored in a file/db so it's not like '12313' but more like 'jOhN sMiTH ^_^').

2. Then each account just searches for random people / Joins a big group and starts the searches there / Randomnly generates SteamID's and hopefully it's valid and then sends an invitation (if valid)...

3. It's also able to connect to (and cycle) to proxies so that IP's are random for each account.

PS. You honestly think that the biggest groups just invited people manually? BULL SHIT. There's no public 'free' script yet. But there's several where you can buy. Dunno why the fuck people bother with it. It's not like the digg bots or whatever that brings in traffic/revenue.

Back