Steam Autumn Sale 11/23-11/27 - Daily Deals

What's wrong with Civ V?

Is it a bad game in its own right? Or did they make major gameplay changes that offended veteran Civ players? At least one guy on my Steam friends has put almost 300 hours into it, so there must be something worthwhile.

I love Civ V and have put over 200 hours into it.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Civ V?

Is it a bad game in its own right? Or did they make major gameplay changes that offended veteran Civ players? At least one guy on my Steam friends has put almost 300 hours into it, so there must be something worthwhile.

Depends who you ask. Yes they did make major game play changes (in some areas), yes it did offend vets (but not all), as mentioned there is another thread here that goes over it, I think it was the last big steam sale (summer?).

For me the biggest issue was late game due to the AI's engineering use taking up way too many CPU cycles. But everyone is different.

Depends who you ask. Yes they did make major game play changes (in some areas), yes it did offend vets (but not all), as mentioned there is another thread here that goes over it, I think it was the last big steam sale (summer?).

For me the biggest issue was late game due to the AI's engineering use taking up way too many CPU cycles. But everyone is different.

Yeah it plays different, but I like it.

Some people say they slow down a lot late game, if you have a slower CPU maybe that will be so. With my i7 I can`t say I had any extremely long AI turns, but something to watch out for.

Also some INI fixes need to be done for skipping intro & stuff.

(plus there`s a neat app for G19 to display your cities resources & other info constantly during game)

I`d recommend it!

Thinking about getting a "the heist" 4 pack and a "worms: reloaded" 4 pack

worms would be $6.80, you cover the fee's
The heist would be $7.50, you cover the fee's

Feel free to pm me, I'll update this post with more info on if the slots are filled and etc. Once I get three interested for each then I'll buy them and reply with the info needed for payment. Have your emails linked to your steam account ready, I'll be gifting the games to that.

feel free to pm

edit: Holding off for a bit, want to check out some more gameplay vids.

It looks like for both of these games, the 4-pack price is the same percentage off as the single purchase price. May be a price error, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a 4-pack.

Since i've always heard good things about the witcher series and i've never tried it I grabbed the first one for 2.50 since i think thats the cheapest it's been.

Since i've always heard good things about the witcher series and i've never tried it I grabbed the first one for 2.50 since i think thats the cheapest it's been.

Good buy you're going to love it. I was a big RPG hater at one point lol but the witcher 1 change my mind first time I bought it i play 18 hours straight 0_o

I just picked up Limbo because it looks beautiful. Damn you guys, now I want to try Witcher.

I wish Heist was cheaper. I played the demo on PS3 and it definitely doesn't even seem worth $10, but at like $2-3 I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies for some cheap coop with my buddies.

Now you're just being cheap :p

TOKI TORI for $1.25 is a STEAL.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/38700/

It's a really fun puzzle platformer.
Yeah I got Toki Tori as part of some bundle a while back, and sort of ignored it at first since it looked like a children's casual game. Fired it up on a whim one day -- boy are the graphics deceptive. The puzzles start out very simple, then very quickly ramp up in difficulty, especially the hard mode ones. Had a lot of "aha!" moments when the solution for a puzzle suddenly clicked in my mind after trying various solutions.

The Witcher is a steal at that price. The enhanced version (what steam is selling) was the best game I played in 2008 imo.

I think I will finally bite on Civ5. I haven't played civ in years.

Farking bit on SC:conviction.....since chaos theory was pretty good, and just got done with Deus Ex.

Ubisoft is crap, and their DRM makes me want the dl the illegal version, I paid for this game, and now I have to jump through hoops to play it,

requires and ubisoft log in, and an internet connection to even play single player.

I am thinking of picking up Payday the Heist

I shelled out for Unreal pack for a friend of mine, shelled out for Dungeon defenders for a friend, and bought all the DD DLC for myself.

just spent an hour with heist and 3 buddies -- it rocks. EASILY worth the price.

Just finished witcher 1, great game.

Is overlord worth it? The sequel got poor reviews. I'm into RPG's and I may be able to look past it's flaws, anyone who liked golden age rpgs and the bioware/witcher sort care to comment on their overlord experience?

I also got Limbo from a friend, that game is fucking haunting, for $2.50, cant' go wrong with it.

Just finished witcher 1, great game.

Is overlord worth it? The sequel got poor reviews. I'm into RPG's and I may be able to look past it's flaws, anyone who liked golden age rpgs and the bioware/witcher sort care to comment on their overlord experience?

OVerlord isn't really an rpg in that sense. like the witcher/dragon age/TEs/mass effect.

It's much more like the nintendo game Pikmin.

You lv up and gain new abilities, but it's more focuseds on using your minions and using them wisely, with each having their own unique abilities and things.

It's a fun game, but don't expect some grand rpg experience, it's more focused on the quirky characters and minion action, etc.

I liked the Overlord demo, bought the pack in the summer sale. Going to play those games eventually :(.

I know I've seen Overlord Pack at 85% off or $3 before if anyone wants to wait for that discount again.

Bought LIMBO. Put about 30 minutes into it on my PC then realized this is a perfect game for when I want to play something on my laptop, so I'm going to save it for that. Definitely worth $2.50 so far though.

I just don't game. But I said what the hell and bought civilization V. The last 10 hours have been a blur.....

Just got the pay day pack and gave it to three friends. Game isn't epic, but for $7.50 its kick ass game for a kick ass price.

Need more people buying the game :p Join the steam group also to find more people that own the game!

Everyone needs to get The witcher for under $3 if you have not done so already. The game is really good and there are quite a bit of texture and graphics mods out there to get it looking even better. I put a good 80hrs into the game.

anyone else thinking of getting in on payday? would definitely split a 4pack

Everyone needs to get The witcher for under $3 if you have not done so already. The game is really good and there are quite a bit of texture and graphics mods out there to get it looking even better. I put a good 80hrs into the game.
Mind linking to the good mods? Would be much appreciated. I'd like to get my game set up properly before I begin.

Grabbed Witcher and Limbo on recommendations from this thread. I don't want to get Civ V, know I'll like it and spend inordinate amounts of time on it.

I remember visiting my brother when Civ came out. It was a 'now just turn off the computer so we can go eat' kind of game.

I missed out on dead island :(

It's Sunday and they usually re-run the most popular sales of the event, so you will more than likely see Dead Island on sale again today.

Not too bad for me this week, just FO:NV plus all DLC. I sitll haven't played much civ 4 after buying the complete set on steam a few years back, can't bring myself to get 5 just yet!

Splinter is a good/fun game for that price. I played through it on the xbox and enjoyed it.

I'm on the fence for Witcher 2, just to many games right now (Skyrim/BF3) soaking up my free time.

I won't touch rage out of principal for more than 4.99... probably never but who know's.

Bought Limbo.

I goofed and forgot to log in and buy a few Fallout New Vegas and Santcum DLCs that I was missing. I'm hoping they'll be repeated, if not I'll wait until Xmas. 75% off is a nice price, most DLC I wouldn't even consider unless it's at least half off.

Fuck my ass, if Orcs Must Die had online multiplayer it would be game of the year

Back