Steam Allows Users to Block Publishers and Content Creators

Perfect! Tired of seeing recommendations for BS, low effort "puzzle" games of questionable quality. Nice to know I can block the devs themselves and rid my screen of this crap permanently!

It's the next best thing after Steam curating itself, which will never happen.

I'll block Valve for that. Thanks for the idea. :-D

I've never noticed this was a problem.

I use Steam exclusively for purchasing games, as I don't want to have multiple clients installed, but I have it set to open to my library. When I go to the store, I usually just use the search function to find the game I want and buy it.

I've never paid any attention to Steams recommendations, so this has never bothered me.

I use Steam exclusively for purchasing games, as I don't want to have multiple clients installed, but I have it set to open to my library. When I go to the store, I usually just use the search function to find the game I want and buy it.

I've never paid any attention to Steams recommendations, so this has never bothered me.
I love the indie game genre and the Steam recommendations list is the only real way to keep track of them.

about damn time but you know developers are going to cry about it..

I personally just see it as a filter which any store has to have especially given the volume of content. For some devs this may even be better their stuff may be easier to find when other contents is filtered.

I own close to 1400 games now. It's never been an issue. At it's worst it was the same of having to weed through the $5 buys at Walmart to get to the stuff you were interested in. I'm an adult and if I see something I don't want, I don't buy it and then I go about my day.

I enjoy Jim Sterling but I never saw the problems he did.

*EDIT*

I will say I have paid attention to the recommends once or twice. It was how I found Overload ( from the makers of Descent).

Last edited:
Reactions: DocNo
like this
Now if only there was a way to block either consistently low reviewed publishers / or ones with a single (low reviewed) game, and I can finally get rid of all the shovelware crap...

Does it also work for big names like Activision and EA?

Tired of seeing their "AAA" shovelware.

Anyone tested and can verify if this works in the new release or early searches?

Sure the recommendations blow, but trying to sift thru those piles is a major PIA too.

edit: Oh, and thanks Cagey!

Finally! No more Sakura Krap, visual novels, RPG-Maker, retro, and other garbage-ware.

i tried sakura dungeon some time back.. man was that a mistake. not only was the game BAD.. but then crap like it was all over my recommended queue

finally.. i can end the suffering LOL

Welcome to the blocked list RPG maker!

doesn't seem to work right. I'm still seeing Trailmakers on my store page. Could be because it's on sale though.

Back