Steam adds daily deals!!

please post the daily deal for those of us where work blocks gaming sites

"Today's Deal: Save 75% off Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising!"

I wish I had jumped in on the Mount and Blade deals a while back but I didn't have extra cash on hand unfortunately :(

Is Operation Flashpoint a good game? It's been on sale for $5 a few times already.

I love me some steam deals. This is almost exclusively how I buy video games these days.

So is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising a good game or not? It's only 5 bucks.

edit
nevermind thanks Plague_Injected

So is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising a good game or not? It's only 5 bucks.

edit
nevermind thanks Plague_Injected

Yeah general consensus is that it sucks bad, and I agree. Some people still enjoy it, but personally the zoomed in consolised FOV killed it for me the most, it almost made me sick. Arma2 is much better.

Yeah general consensus is that it sucks bad, and I agree. Some people still enjoy it, but personally the zoomed in consolised FOV killed it for me the most, it almost made me sick. Arma2 is much better.

Correct. It is by far the worst game ever. The FOV is just horrible and its boring/unpolished. I stopped playing after a few minutes when I saw a burnt out tank that had square wheels.......

I enjoyed it a lot in coop. Then again, even mediocre games are often fun in co-op (see: Serious Sam series, Doom III).

Still, I enjoyed the open environments and humongous maps.

This game should have a mod community.

Yeah Codemasters should just stick to racing games.

Correct. It is by far the worst game ever. The FOV is just horrible and its boring/unpolished. I stopped playing after a few minutes when I saw a burnt out tank that had square wheels.......

Not quite. Amazingly, Operation Flashpoint Red River is worse.

Their library is big enough now that it will be able to always have a different deal, which I know sounds obvious, but I'm referring to DLC content, expansions, and special versions of games. This is really exciting, stoked to see what deals they kick off this daily thing with. I'm a bit surprised they started off with this horrible excuse for a game as their big announcement but whatever

Their library is big enough now that it will be able to always have a different deal, which I know sounds obvious, but I'm referring to DLC content, expansions, and special versions of games. This is really exciting, stoked to see what deals they kick off this daily thing with. I'm a bit surprised they started off with this horrible excuse for a game as their big announcement but whatever

I sure hope so. they've been rotating the same 10-20 weekend deals for 2 years now. If mass effect goes on sale again...ok I can't really do anything about it but I'll be really mad!

That's not a lack of polish, it's just a Canadian tank. :D

Maybe someone should make a new thread dedicated to this, just posting what the deal of the day is, for those who cant check Steam from work but who are on the forums.

Just an idea. I know there are some here who always ask for info on various things because they cant check certain things from work.

Maybe someone should make a new thread dedicated to this, just posting what the deal of the day is, for those who cant check Steam from work but who are on the forums.

Just an idea. I know there are some here who always ask for info on various things because they cant check certain things from work.

Just keep watching this thread. It is clear that the game in question today was OFDR just from the messages here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the next game may just get mentioned here. I'm also predicting it will be something equally shit like Kane & Lynch 2.

Why wont they EVER put Wolfenstein on sale? The damn thing has been $40 forever. I've been playing Wolfenstein since the Commodore 64 so I'm wanting this but judging by the demo it ain't worth $40. But I keep thinking it'll be on sale soon since everything else is but no.

Hope they get some better deals. I watched the trailer / gameplay videos for OFDR and holy crap...if a montage to sell your game is boring and ugly as hell, I can only imagine what the actual gameplay is like. Half the time I can't even see who or what is being shot at, just people randomly walking around with no action in sight. Hiking In Combat Gear: Big Ass Map Edition?

Well, Majesty 2 is 66% off, but I think the actual promotion is Worms: Reloaded at 50% off. Not that attractive.

I noticed the Worms thing, but I think that was reduced because of the DLC release (among other reasons.)

As for Majesty 2, they didn't reduce the price on the DLC as well, which is a bummer for me. If I purchase a game like this I typically pick up all the DLC at the same time (assuming it's useful) and, unfortunately, lack of price reduction insures I don't pick it up.

Singularity is up. I can easily recommend it, especially that cheaply.

Like it makes a difference what name you slap on the deal. Worms and Singularity are part of the "Midweek Madness" with "Offer Ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time." It may not be THE daily deal but it's A deal today.

Like it makes a difference what name you slap on the deal. Worms and Singularity are part of the "Midweek Madness" with "Offer Ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time." It may not be THE daily deal but it's A deal today.

I think the point is that if it's not THE daily deal, then it doesn't belong in this particular thread.

Back