Steam: 2K Huge Games Pack (20 Games for $54!)

JCJones86

Gawd
Awesome price on a lot of games!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1764/

• Bioshock
  • Prey
  • Civ City: Rome
  • Civilation IV Warlords
  • Civilation IV: Beyone The Sword
  • Railroad Tycoon 3
  • Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
  • Freedom Force
  • Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich
  • Shattered Union
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
  • Sid Meier's Railroads!
  • X-COM: Apocalypse
  • X-COM: Enforcer
  • X-COM: Interceptor
  • X-COM: Terror From the Deep
  • X-COM: UFO Defense

The pack was just introduced so they're giving a small deal on it. Its also like $170 cheaper than buying all the games alone, that is a huge deal by itself.

Yup.

Even Civ 4's normal price is $30, the Civ 4 pack is $40.

Even if they were all cheap games, they'd all be a normal $5.

So, it's at least $40 ($46 right now, so almost half off) the normal price...

I must say that I'm only familiar with Prey and Bioshock, and both for the normal price seem overpriced. Prey's great, and worth $15, but it's also kind of old. I bought Bioshock for $5 off Steam, so I am surprised the normal price is still $20. It ain't worth $20 if I haven't gotten around to bothering to ever install it yet...

$54/$60 for everything is still a great price, though...

I bought Bioshock for $5 off Steam, so I am surprised the normal price is still $20. It ain't worth $20 if I haven't gotten around to bothering to ever install it yet...

You are crazy lol, Bioshock is a amazing game for $20.. there is a reason why it is the highest rated game on Steam.

This is an awesome deal, except I already have all the Sid Meier games... To bite or not to bite?

:( I already have several of those games. I might get the Freedom Pack for $7.49 since those are really the only games that I don't have yet and want.

Yup.

Even Civ 4's normal price is $30, the Civ 4 pack is $40.

Even if they were all cheap games, they'd all be a normal $5.

So, it's at least $40 ($46 right now, so almost half off) the normal price...

I must say that I'm only familiar with Prey and Bioshock, and both for the normal price seem overpriced. Prey's great, and worth $15, but it's also kind of old. I bought Bioshock for $5 off Steam, so I am surprised the normal price is still $20. It ain't worth $20 if I haven't gotten around to bothering to ever install it yet...

$54/$60 for everything is still a great price, though...

I just saw the Civ 4 complete pack at Target for $29.99 yesterday so its still a little high on Steam.

I just saw the Civ 4 complete pack at Target for $29.99 yesterday so its still a little high on Steam.

Okay, so for 16 more games it is only $14 more by Steam's pricing, when it should be considered $24 more...

$1.50 a piece for the rest too much?

If so, go to Target...

I can't speak for the pack, but obviously above Bioshock fans seem to feel it's still worth $20 alone...

$54 for some of the highest-rated games available on Steam still looks good to me...

I'm considering it based on that alone, and I only know of two of the games on the list... Makes me think I'm missing out...

Maybe I need to finally check out Bioshock... Every time you try to even attempt to dis it, someone immediately jumps out of the woodworks to let you know you're crazy! :D Can't believe it's already been almost two years since it was released...

if i had to, id pay 50 bucks for civ 4 alone.....

Hmph, I wish someone would come out an say something blah about this pack...

I don't want to spend the dough right now, but it's looking like this is a good pack for $54...

Wow, just looked at some reviews and user reviews of Civ 4, and while it's given great ratings by professional reviewers, users are certainly polarized by it...

http://apps.metacritic.com//games/usercomments.jsp?id_string=6033:$4G$Iz623Mfg6x-CZVUOiQ**

The pack was just introduced so they're giving a small deal on it. Its also like $170 cheaper than buying all the games alone, that is a huge deal by itself.

ahhh, I see now, thanks for enlightening me, I was wondering why everyone one was making such a big deal out of this pack :p

i bit, even tho im rebuying a few games i have physical copies of, but id rather have access to them digitally anyway. awesome deal imo.

That's assuming you'd want to play all those games. I'm not saying this is not a hot deal, but just saying it's not as hot as some think unless he'd be interested in playing all of these games and doesn't currently have any of them.

I've never really fooled with getting games from Steam. Can you make backup DVDs of the games? Do the games have all the normal DRM crap? Thanks.

You can backup your steam directory np or just download again whatever you prefer. Some Steam games have additional DRM besides the Steam system, but it is generally noted on the games page. Most just have Steam, which is ok for me.

This pack is a great deal, If I hadn't bought the Civ 4 pack already during the new years sale I'd definitely get it.

Yeah, it's easier to back up your steamapps folder, but you can also make backups of individual games using the steam interface. I don't have any games with extra DRM so I don't know how it handles the missing stuff if you just copy back the steamapps folder. It should download and install it again like any missing files/updates.

To backup, just rightclick --> backup your games. Then, copy the backup folder to your external drive.

Wow, just looked at some reviews and user reviews of Civ 4, and while it's given great ratings by professional reviewers, users are certainly polarized by it...

http://apps.metacritic.com//games/usercomments.jsp?id_string=6033:$4G$Iz623Mfg6x-CZVUOiQ**

as far as I can tell, those reviews are for Civ 4 Gold.... the initial version of Civ 4 at release, without the (excellent) expansion packs, and without the patches, which really completed the game...

really, Civ 4 + the latest patches + the 2 expansions is a completely different game from Civ 4 Gold...

but meh... I'm a fanboy... I derive so much joy out of seeing a grand story take place unscripted across a massive map and 18 civs... sometimes the endgame, even though it may take days of playtime to get to, really is a thrilling experience...

eh, I'm ranting....

I owned some of these in the past and loved them but i dont have them anymore, Im going to buy this pack right now!! Thanks for the post.

I remember the days when I was so hooked on the "Civilization" game franchise. I wish I had that kind of time again. :(

I remember the days when I was so hooked on the "Civilization" game franchise. I wish I had that kind of time again. :(

setting the game speed to quick-er (or w/e its called) can make a game go by pretty quickly...

you're right though... it would be fun to sit with it all day and mess around :) oh how I pine for the days of my youth

setting the game speed to quick-er (or w/e its called) can make a game go by pretty quickly...

you're right though... it would be fun to sit with it all day and mess around :) oh how I pine for the days of my youth
Yeah, I remember speeding it up a little once I got the hang of it.

Not that I wish injury upon myself, but if I ever have an injury that requires me to recover from home for a while but still allows me to use my hands, I'd get back into video games such as "Civ". :eek:

That's assuming you'd want to play all those games. I'm not saying this is not a hot deal, but just saying it's not as hot as some think unless he'd be interested in playing all of these games and doesn't currently have any of them.

That little qualifier applies to ANY deal on these forums. If a person isn't interested in what the deal offers than it wouldn't be a deal to them. Also unless you have a bunch of the games listed its still good deal.

That little qualifier applies to ANY deal on these forums. If a person isn't interested in what the deal offers than it wouldn't be a deal to them. Also unless you have a bunch of the games listed its still good deal.

Not quite.

The Steam packs would be a deal either way *IF* you could resell the games you didn't want. You can't.

In (for the most part) all of the other deals you'll find here, if you buy something that comes with something else and something else, you can probably sell one of the something else's to someone else.

With Steam, you're stuck with all of it, even if you already own some of what you're basically buying again...

So, no, the Steam packs are a slightly different deal...

I'm still holding off on biting because I have a fair number of games already (not on steam though). Although those would be the ones I would play again. I'm just debating how convenient it would be to have Civ 4, etc on steam instead of random media strewn all over the place, and if that convenience is worth $54.

I'm still holding off on biting because I have a fair number of games already (not on steam though). Although those would be the ones I would play again. I'm just debating how convenient it would be to have Civ 4, etc on steam instead of random media strewn all over the place, and if that convenience is worth $54.

It's not like the price is going to go up much if you don't buy it now. If I didn't have Civ 4 and the expansions, which I bought for more than the price of the package, I would definetly pick this up.

Still $6 off the package, so this deal's not yet dead...

Probably dead in any minute, so just a shout-out to anyone wanting to save an extra $6 before it's over...

(Someone always seems to post a "WHA....???? DEAL'S DEAD ALREADY!?" post days after the deal was scheduled to be over, so just trying to help the procrastinators...)

It's not like the price is going to go up much if you don't buy it now. If I didn't have Civ 4 and the expansions, which I bought for more than the price of the package, I would definetly pick this up.

I eventually decided to pass. I have all the Civs and the PoS known as Colonization. I might try the RR Tycoons (last one I played was RR Tycoon 2) but other than that... Meh. Although replaying XCOM might be a blast.

Awesome price on a lot of games!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1764/

• Bioshock
  • Prey
  • Civ City: Rome
  • Civilation IV Warlords
  • Civilation IV: Beyone The Sword
  • Railroad Tycoon 3
  • Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
  • Freedom Force
  • Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich
  • Shattered Union
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
  • Sid Meier's Civilization IV
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
  • Sid Meier's Railroads!
  • X-COM: Apocalypse
  • X-COM: Enforcer
  • X-COM: Interceptor
  • X-COM: Terror From the Deep
  • X-COM: UFO Defense

In a strange turn of events, this pack now seems to be gone from Steam. No, not just the deal for $6 off, but the even entire pack for $60.

The original link now sends you to Steam's homepage. None of the games mention the 2K pack for $60 anymore...

I picked it up last week , Im happy so far. Now we need to wish for a lucasarts pack.

My problem is that I have too many of these, already, via STEAM.

Bioshock (Steam)
Civ IV Warlords (Not Steam)
Railroad Tycoon II Platinum (Not Steam)
Civ III Complete (Steam (which was broken originally...), 2x Not Steam, plus Civ III Not Steam)
Civ IV (Not Steam)
X-COM: Apocalypse (Steam, HOTU version)
X-COM: Enforcer (Steam)
X-COM: Interceptor (Steam)
X-COM: TFTD (Steam, HOTU version, DOS Version on 1.44)
X-COM: UFO (Steam, HOTU version, Win95 Version on CD (but can't find the key for now), DOS Version on 1.44)

I don't want Prey. Civ City: Rome might be ok. Civ IV: Beyond the Sword would be nice. RT3 would be nice. FF and FFvsT3R, I was interested in years ago, but doubt I'd ever really play, Shattered Union maybe, Civ IV Colonization would be cool, Pirates! is one I DO want, eventually, Railroads! meh.

So I'd basically be rebuying a couple of games I really, really dig (Civ III Complete and XCOM:UFO/XCOM:TFTD) plus Bioshock, getting rid of the disks for RT II Platinum and the Civ IV games, and only REALLY picking up Civ IV: BTS, Pirates! and MAYBE CivCity: Rome as games I'd get my full value in.

Sorry, it needs to be $30 for me to bite in the pack, or they could credit me for what I've already got through Steam.

Back