Steam 2023 Spring sale is here! Spring sale runs from March 16 to March 23rd 2023, 10 AM PST

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
2023-03-16 10_54_05-.png

2023-03-16 10_55_43-.png

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2023 Steam Spring sale is here!! Sale runs from March 16 to March 23rd 2023, 10 AM PST

This is the first major steam seasonal sale which follows by two smaller sales (sports fest and next fest) then the annual summer sale.

Steak Deck discount sale

2023-03-16 11_05_44-Welcome to Steam.png

Deals worth checking out (let me know of any deals to add to the list)

Resident Evil Raccoon city bundle (RE1,RE2, and RE resistance) $14.99
Ori Collection $5.39
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition $4.99
VAMPIRE SURVIVORS: GAME + DLC + OST BUNDLE $2.39
Deep Rock Galactic $9.89
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt $11.99
LEGO® Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga $19.99

Last edited:
oops I just realize I posted it on the wrong forum I really need more sleep :LOL: anyways can a mod move it to the [H]ot|DEALS section?

If this was like the old Steam sales, it would have been 75% off. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, not a bad discount. Makes zero sense to get the cheapest model though. For $110 more you get a SSD and carrying case.
Debatable. That SSD is only 256gb. I'd rather just put my own in there.

*Edit* Also, am I missing something? The 64gb says carrying case, too.

Looks like those are cheaper now. I recall the form factor was a lot more expensive. Still seems to be, but better than I last checked. Maybe I missed some good models. WD has a 2TB drive for $250. Still more expensive than a typical sized SSD. But probably worth getting the basic model because for $140 going from 256GB to 2TB is certainly worth it.

Looks like those are cheaper now. I recall the form factor was a lot more expensive. Still seems to be, but better than I last checked. Maybe I missed some good models. WD has a 2TB drive for $250. Still more expensive than a typical sized SSD. But probably worth getting the basic model because for $140 going from 256GB to 2TB is certainly worth it.
Yeah I think I remember them being quite a bit more expensive, too. Honestly NVME across the board has come down quite a lot in just a year.

What's the turn around time for getting Steam Decks these days from time of order to receiving?

What's the turn around time for getting Steam Decks these days from time of order to receiving?
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it took a week to get to me.

64GB does come with a case and the same one that the 256GB comes with IIRC. 512GB comes with a slightly nicer case.

I just installed a 1TB drive to replace the 64GB in mine; $140 I believe from Amazon which makes the 64GB Deck the way to go. Listed as an XPC drive but when I received it was a brand new Western Digital SN740.

Last edited:
So far I've picked up:

Nier Automata - Played it on the couch with Steamdeck for a couple of hours last night while the girlfriend was watching Law & Order. Worked great.
Code Vein
The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe
And Disney Dreamlight or whatever it's called for my daughter to play on the 'deck

Somewhere around $80 total so far.

In case people are wondering once the discount gets to around 70% this is about as good as it gets. So, if you are a really thrifty buyer you can pass on the 50% discount games and hold out for the mega discounts which will probably happen in the future.

I snagged Jedi Fallen Order and the free Tiny Tinas Assault on Dragon Keep. Wanted Wonderland as well but a bit out of reach at the moment

Grabbed a couple off my wishlist (and will probably go back for more before the sale is over).

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (figured this would be a great at work title using the Deck).

Grandia HD (unfortunately didn't load for me on Deck natively or with Proton).

I preordered pretty early on. At the time it was not confirmed if the emmc would be replaceable. Many (correctly) assumed it was but I didnt want to risk it. Shortly after, Steam did release more info about it but by then I did not want to lose my spot in preorder line so I stuck with my 256GB pre order.
Also did not know how well the SDHC does for storage.

If I could do it over again I would have bought the 64GB and then thrown a 1 or 2TB nvme in it somewhere down the line.

I preordered pretty early on. At the time it was not confirmed if the emmc would be replaceable. Many (correctly) assumed it was but I didnt want to risk it. Shortly after Steam did release more info about it, but by then I did not want to lose my spot in preorder line so I stuck with my 256GB pre order.
Also did not know how well the SDHC does for storage.

If I could do it over again I would have bought the 64GB and then thrown a 1 or 2TB nvme in it somewhere down the line.
Eh, it happens. Looking at maybe getting a 64gb for my wife to use during work downtime. I have zero use for one, but she might get time out of it.

Eh, it happens. Looking at maybe getting a 64gb for my wife to use during work downtime. I have zero use for one, but she might get time out of it.
I didn't think I'd use it much but I find myself playing games on the deck over the PC much of the time. GF/Wife watching some boring murder mystery show for the 15th time? Grab the deck, sit on the couch next to her, and bang out something from the backlog.

Sadly not many games I play would be great on a deck, namely rts/sim/ turn based stuff. She's been taking more of an interest in controller games though, especially with Hogwarts.

My kids have been bugging me for BeamNG for a while now and it's on sale for 20% off, now at $19.99. Hmmm.
I've had it on my wish list for awhile but it seems like it's just sort of a sandbox game. Not sure if it's worth $20 to me.

This, caused by the cart thinking I had a game in it twice but not saying which one and trying to find out which one it was along with random cart deletion is why I buy 99.5% of my steam games outside of steam.

Untitled.jpg

In case people are wondering once the discount gets to around 70% this is about as good as it gets. So, if you are a really thrifty buyer you can pass on the 50% discount games and hold out for the mega discounts which will probably happen in the future.
DCS World modules are NEVER 70% off :(

This, caused by the cart thinking I had a game in it twice but not saying which one and trying to find out which one it was along with random cart deletion is why I buy 99.5% of my steam games outside of steam.

View attachment 557626
Weird. I've never received that message and I buy games constantly; usually one after another.

I didn't think I'd use it much but I find myself playing games on the deck over the PC much of the time. GF/Wife watching some boring murder mystery show for the 15th time? Grab the deck, sit on the couch next to her, and bang out something from the backlog.

I read that last line as "banging out the backdoor."
Carry on

I haven't bought anything during the Spring sale...Steam sales are so dull nowadays...they really need to bring back Flash sales
Epic games store sales are much more interesting.

Flash sales went away because people, by and large, hated them. Random, short time limit, etc. made them more annoying than regular sales.

Flash sales went away because people, by and large, hated them.
Flash sales went away because people abused Steam’s newly implemented refund system. They would but a game at 50% off and then refund when they saw it during a flash sale at 70% off.

The Flash Sales were great but I think losing all of the multiplayer pack deals was worse. You used to be able to by a 2, or 3, or 4 pack of games at a discount which were usually amazing deals during the sales. Say if Doom was on sale for $10 you'd be able to buy a 4 pack for $30. Was a great way to get the crew together for a weekend or two.

when I look at the Steam sale prices and then go to other authorized reseller sites (GMG, GameBillet etc) and look at their prices, the Steam price doesn't look so good...

when I look at the Steam sale prices and then go to other authorized reseller sites (GMG, GameBillet etc) and look at their prices, the Steam price doesn't look so good...
Don't those sites usually just sell steam keys anyways? They tend to mark their prices down at the same time as steam sales.

Back