Steam 2022 Winter sale is here! Winter sale runs from December 22 to January 5th, 2023, 10 AM PST

Serious Sam 4 is 70% off at $12. Likely going to pick that one up.

Stray is 20% off at $24. Couple people I know have been raving about it. Going to check it out on a friend's system tomorrow.

It's not nothing since it's D.R.M. If it were nothing then it wouldn't be.
It is not effective. Steam DRM is broken with in minutes of release. Denuvo is the only effective type of DRM ATM. It keeps piracy at bay for months before it is broken most the time. Some games still don't have it broken years later even.

Steam
Untitled.jpg

Fanatical

Untit69780led.jpg

the Epic Winter Sale is the much better sale because they are giving out an additional 25% coupon...sale prices I'm guessing are the same across both platforms but if pricing is your main consideration then Epic wins

Recently I've been buying more from GOG. On Steam I get charged 13% sales tax in Canada. On GOG there is no sales tax.

Ended up getting doom eternal for cheap, runs great on deck but will probably play on desktop mostly.

I plan to pick up CyberPunk 2077 and Doom Eternal today or tomorrow. Maybe some others as well.

Reactions: maro
like this
Does anyone know if Cyberpunk on Steam just launches the native CDPR launcher similar to Witcher 3? I have a copy on GOG but I’d get the Steam version to keep the install more streamlined and to also keep my save games separate from my wife’s on GOG.

Just grabbed SS4. Will be fun to play it back to back after SS1 and SS.SE on my win98/voodoo4 retro rig. Always been a fan of the series. Even SS2. Level they chose for that demo had to be the worst. No wonder it turned so many off.

Played Stray at friend's place. Cool game but not really my thing. Never been big on puzzle and platforming games. Which brings me to Doom: Eternal. Big disappointment here. All the platforming ruined it for me. Doom 2016 arcade mode still gets my time to feed the FPS rip and tear need.

DragonballZ Kakarot is going for 75% off on the Canadian Steam store ($19.99 CAD which is about $15 USD). I was thinking about buying this game on sale for $50 CAD the next time I saw it for that price but my jaw dropped at seeing this price.

I am going to go ahead and buy it. It's one of the few recent games that I can fully enjoy @ max settings with my meeger 1650 Super.

So last night before the Steam Winter Sale ended I bought Cyber Punk 2077, God of War, and Doom Eternal. Three games I been wanting to try. This should hold me over for a while since I still have some games in my library yet to be installed. That plus I still play a few old games I been consistently playing over the years. A good start for 2023 for me anyway.

Reactions: maro
like this
Does anyone know if Cyberpunk on Steam just launches the native CDPR launcher similar to Witcher 3? I have a copy on GOG but I’d get the Steam version to keep the install more streamlined and to also keep my save games separate from my wife’s on GOG.
It does, but you can disable it if you want just like The Witcher 3. Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam is also DRM-free like the GOG version, so you can launch it without Steam running.

2h45m left!

Picked up: Celeste, Gris, Tactics Ogre, The Messenger, Vampire Survivors - I was going to splurge on Triangle Strategy too, but forgot about it.

Curses!

I was planning to buy Aliens vs. Predator (2010) for $3 and justtttt missed it :(

Back