Steam 2016 summer sale is here! runs from June 23rd to July 4th!

I don't care about playing any games in a timely fashion so I go for the super cheap deals.

Saints Row 4
Borderlands 2

Each game was under $5

My issue is that during flash sales I could pick up actually good games that I wanted often under €5 but certainly under €10. Now any game that I'd actually want still costs €20 or more including the DLCs for Skyrim, a 5 year old game. And this during the "big summer sale" Or another game I often purchased DLCs for always had 75-80% off during sales. Now they never go beyond 50%. So instead of €8 they now never go bellow €15. So I just stopped buying them, as I stopped buying anything on Steam. Because there are no good deals left.

If you think there is no pattern here and the deals aren't much worse than they used to be, then you're looking at it with your eyes closed.

And don't tell me that it's only games I want, everything else is cheap. Because it was the same thing during the last holiday sale. There was not a single good enough offer to make me spend money. When during earlier sales I regularly purchased half a dozen or more games. You know in that consumer hostile time of flash and daily deals. It's not about the % that says how much discount they're offering. It's the fact that €30 for getting both DLCs for a 5 year old games is ridiculous.

It's my understanding that publishers set the prices on Steam. Regardless, Skyrim Legendary Edition (i'm not sure which of the many versions you're looking at) was 9.99 on 11/25 and for several days from 12/23 to 1/2 (maybe the 3rd).

Again, just because it's not on the front page, doesn't mean it's not on sale. There's nothing on the page about Pinball Arcade (which simulates real pinball tables), but the 3 season pro pack was 10 bucks last I checked (far and away the cheapest I've seen).

Just go to is there any deal and look there at prices to find deals. Sometimes they're not on steam (but most of the time they're still steam codes), but they often are.

Your presence in this thread is no longer necessary.
Are you speaking to yourself now? Since you're the one not contributing to the topic. Please do continue to lick your wounds elsewhere.

It's my understanding that publishers set the prices on Steam. Regardless, Skyrim Legendary Edition (i'm not sure which of the many versions you're looking at) was 9.99 on 11/25 and for several days from 12/23 to 1/2 (maybe the 3rd).

Again, just because it's not on the front page, doesn't mean it's not on sale. There's nothing on the page about Pinball Arcade (which simulates real pinball tables), but the 3 season pro pack was 10 bucks last I checked (far and away the cheapest I've seen).

Just go to is there any deal and look there at prices to find deals. Sometimes they're not on steam (but most of the time they're still steam codes), but they often are.

When it comes to sales they're cagey on who actually sets the discount. But from what I could gather from talking to some developers they can't go around changing prices arbitrarily. That means steam at least has a big influence. In one particular case some content's price was bumped up for one region, and the devs didn't know anything about it, they had to contact steam to set the price straight, as they didn't intend to raise it.

Of course I looked trough the list of top deals, and under $10 games, I've seen a few decent deals, but only on games that were already discounted dozens of times, so if someone wanted them they could've gotten them already, like Mass Effect. Maybe some were even free on origin but I can't be sure since I got them retail ages ago.

Man I don't know about you guys, but I've got a whole slew of games on my wishlist that have fairly big sales - GTAV, The Witcher 3, Just Cause 3, RoTR, Total War, Doom, Fallout 4... It's a shame I have so little time these days...

When it comes to sales they're cagey on who actually sets the discount. But from what I could gather from talking to some developers they can't go around changing prices arbitrarily. That means steam at least has a big influence. In one particular case some content's price was bumped up for one region, and the devs didn't know anything about it, they had to contact steam to set the price straight, as they didn't intend to raise it.

Of course I looked trough the list of top deals, and under $10 games, I've seen a few decent deals, but only on games that were already discounted dozens of times, so if someone wanted them they could've gotten them already, like Mass Effect. Maybe some were even free on origin but I can't be sure since I got them retail ages ago.
I think a key point is you said that there were no good deals last Xmas, and the game you used as an example, Skyrim, was on sale for 10 bucks for over a week during that sale. The deals are still there. Now if you want to complain that they didn't make it clear to you that it was on sale, I concur, but that's not new.

Pinball Arcade DLC is pretty expensive, so I only buy it on sale, but I don't ever remember it being on the front page of deals. I always just had to look and see if it was on sale.

The Steam sales are weird for me now. My flash sales are amazon, greenman gaming, humble store, etc for cheaper keys than steam. Like Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Deluxe, steam wanted $10.49, amazon wanted $7.41 after tax.

Picked up
Doom
Watch Dogs Complete
GTA V
Rise of the Tomb Raider

All games I wanted so might as well grab them while they are cheaper then normal.

Just picked up Volume, Tales of Symphonia, Audiosurf 2 and Ryse: Son of Rome. All for whopping total of 22 bucks.

Yep, Steam sale working just fine for me. Probably going to pick up Tales of Zestira while its 20 bucks, The only other game I'm really hoping to see go on sale are Dragon Quest Heroes.

Just picked up Volume, Tales of Symphonia, Audiosurf 2 and Ryse: Son of Rome. All for whopping total of 22 bucks.

Yep, Steam sale working just fine for me. Probably going to pick up Tales of Zestira while its 20 bucks, The only other game I'm really hoping to see go on sale are Dragon Quest Heroes.
I too would like to pick up DQ:H -- I have heard that it's pretty good but nowhere near worth the retail price.

A friend told me Euro Truck Simulator 2 (which is on sale today) is really good. For those who have it, which option do you think I should get, just the bare game or one of the expansion pack packages they offer? FWIW, I've never played a truck simulator game. TIA.

A friend told me Euro Truck Simulator 2 (which is on sale today) is really good. For those who have it, which option do you think I should get, just the bare game or one of the expansion pack packages they offer? FWIW, I've never played a truck simulator game. TIA.

I don't know which paint job packs you want, but all you need are the Scandinavian, Going East, and High Power Cargo. Then there are cosmetics starting from the top of the DLC to 6th DLC called Wheel Tuning Pack that are neat.

This might be the best deal for you, as it has all the areas, but missing the High Power Cargo which adds variety to the loads you can take. Of course you can add that DLC to it.
Save 70% on Euro Truck Simulator 2 - East + North Expansions on Steam

I haven't played in awhile so I grabbed the Mighty Griffin and a few more that I was missing. Thx!

I don't know which paint job packs you want, but all you need are the Scandinavian, Going East, and High Power Cargo. Then there are cosmetics starting from the top of the DLC to 6th DLC called Wheel Tuning Pack that are neat.

This might be the best deal for you, as it has all the areas, but missing the High Power Cargo which adds variety to the loads you can take. Of course you can add that DLC to it.

I haven't played in awhile so I grabbed the Mighty Griffin and a few more that I was missing. Thx!

Whoa, this is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks man

Jumping on this as soon as I get home tonight

Thanks, I just went ahead and got the $15 deluxe version last night. :)

grabbed firewatch, dragons dogma, and gauntlet, $38 total, could be worse, could be better

I only buy New Games now for the reason have a Hard Time going back to games released like 3-5 years ago which might be dirt cheap but they show their age.
I think Dishonored and Thief were the last two good games I picked up on sale.

I am pretty sure I broke $100 this sale.

I think a lot of this has more to do with Bloodstained... The game has sparked a renewed interest in me playing retro genres (platformers, Metroidvania, Sega Genesis pack, etc), and finishing off some DLCs (like BL2 and AoE2)

I'm really on the fence whether or not I should grab Doom now or wait for Steam xmas sales when it's probably even cheaper. Even if I get it now it's not certain that I will get to play it anytime soon due my busy hobbies and so many other games I've yet to play (Fallout 4, Far Cry 4 for example). I'm typically the guy who picks up those games once I can get them for like $15 or so off Steam. xD

I finally picked up Dying Light and have been enjoying that. Also got 3-4 others (Golf With Your Friends, etc.) but happily haven't spent over about $50 so far.

Got more this sale than I have in a while:

Ys Oath in Felghana
Gunpoint
REMaster 0
Ys VI
Starpoint Gemini
Wasteland 2
Lucius
Lucius 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Deadly Premonition
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Subnautica
Guild of Dungeoneering Deluxe
Prototype
Prototype 2 and the RADNET thing
Also got Her Story from a friend.

Space Run, Audiosurf 2, Gunpoint... Grand total of $11 and change. I am proud of myself :)

Thx again Sickb0y, I always enjoy the traditional [H] Steam sale thread.

Man I don't know about you guys, but I've got a whole slew of games on my wishlist that have fairly big sales - GTAV, The Witcher 3, Just Cause 3, RoTR, Total War, Doom, Fallout 4... It's a shame I have so little time these days...
It does seem like, if you know what you are looking for, any discount is a good deal.

OTOH, if you have no idea what to buy, nothing is a good deal, but bigger discounts have a bigger chance to be a "good deal".

Most of my purchases this time round has been indirectly attributed to Bloodstained, the KS video has sparked a renewed interest in me wanting to play platformers and metroidvanias (My Sega Genesis collection, a couple of Sonic games, Shantae and Rabi-Ribi are pretty much that), I always meant to try Ys games, this sale and my renewed interest in older genres pushed me to the edge.

The only game I was truly on the edge about was Doom, but I decided to opt out for the moment, I think I will wait for Xmas for it (hopefully by then I'd have made up my mind about what to replace my 970 with).

My last few purchases were just finishing off some of the DLC's (like BL2's Vault Hunter pack 2).

One thing is for sure: I spent more on this sale than any others, whether or not this is because of lack of flash sales, I don't know.

I have too much of a backlog...I was all set to get Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen but I decided to pass...it's for the best as I want to get it when it goes under $20

Got Jackbox 1+2, love them. Was also close on Doom, but will wait until its dirt cheap

the thing is that now with all these price comparison websites its like there is steam sales all the year :p i personally check the prices for a game from [...] and just getting the cheapest one... bored of checking steam all the time and beging for lower prices...

Did you really return after 3 posts and 4 years to plug an unknown competing website in the Steam thread that google returns no useful information about, or has this guy's account been swiped?

If you were really reading the forums it wouldn't have taken you a month to reply.

Yeah, by waiting a month, he's trying to get the last post in for a competing platform, hoping that the thread is dead and no replies, common spam tactic. Also happens in software threads, one post wonder stops by every month with a recommendation, then another one post wonder quotes and praises, and neither ever return.

Yeah.. searching around shows nothing but this dinkus spamming for gray market CD keys. Reporting.

Back