Steam 2016 summer sale is here! runs from June 23rd to July 4th!

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
4qhaar.jpg

2mq16bl.jpg

2njkc4m.jpg

2m457hc.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2016 Steam Summer sale is here!!

Steam 2016 Summer sale FAQ for noobs

1. Make a wishlist of your favorite titles this way you'll be notified if it goes on sale.
  2. Flash, community deal, and daily deals are gone!
  3. Finally grab a beer or 10 and enjoy the 2016 Summer sale!

Extras

Gaben.tv official site of our lord and savor Gabe Newell! join us as we celebrate the 2016 summer seal together :')

steamsales.rhekua Useful Steam site lets you know if you're getting a good deal. Tracks the prices of any game and how much it
has sold during previous sales and current sale etc.

Last edited:
Brb Valve has billions in revenue and still doesn't have the capacity for sales. I bet Gaben buys cheeseburgers instead of servers.

No great deals that I see, but I had some DLC I wanted to buy and it's on sale.

Humble Bundle has a Sonic 25th Anniversary bundle going on now, I don't know if it has all the games in the Sonic Franchise or not, but it's 10 dollars at Humble Bundle.

These sales are much less exciting now with the new format. It was fun checking everyday to see what would be on sale that day. I guess I should be glad because I am less likely to impulse buy something now.

Nothing is blowing my mind so far. The last few sales have really felt underwhelming, though.

These sales are much less exciting now with the new format. It was fun checking everyday to see what would be on sale that day. I guess I should be glad because I am less likely to impulse buy something now.

What is the "new format"? Are they still doing daily / flash deals or are these as good as they will get?

Nothing is blowing my mind so far. The last few sales have really felt underwhelming, though.

What is the "new format"? Are they still doing daily / flash deals or are these as good as they will get?

They don't do flash sales or daily deals anymore. Whatever is on sale is on sale for the duration (for the most part). Discounts have been crap too since they instituted the return policy.

Gotcha...yeah, did a Google search and found more info.

That is very disappointing. Most of these are like 20% off...

When they don't sell any games, maybe they'll rethink the summer sale. There's really nothing to buy \o/

edit: and yes, someone at Valve needs to sell one of their yachts and buy a few more servers.

Meh, not much there...

Bought Ashes of the Singularity a week ago or so for $20 so it's really not considered a sale, or is it?

Last edited:
Without daily deals this is completely worthless I'll not even bother to load the steam store.

Without daily deals this is completely worthless I'll not even bother to load the steam store.

There's a 5-10 second delay for every page to load, so even if you wanted to check out the store, you won't be able to. I tried checking out twice, once with a credit card and another with paypal, and each time I received an error message once I press purchase...

There will never be daily deals again. It would be asinine since they introduced refunds and made it acceptable to refund and re-buy at a lower price.

Idk I'm enjoying the sale so far - just spent 43 dollars and got 7 games. One game that was really old - 3 indie games and 3 that I thought were major titles? I think that's a pretty good deal

They don't do flash sales or daily deals anymore. Whatever is on sale is on sale for the duration (for the most part). Discounts have been crap too since they instituted the return policy.

So basically, no matter what they do, people bitch. Old way of doing sales, people bitched. New way of doing sales, people bitch. No return policy, people bitched. Return policy, people bitch. Utter comedy.

It would be nice if I could check out. Anyone have slow issues with Steam today?

wow Steam is really FUBAR'd

as with every steam sale.

im going to pick up torchlight 2 for $4, but i think thats about it.

install Enhanced Steam plugin to see the lowest prices and use the web store not the steam application, makes everything so much easier and you know if you're getting a good deal.

Brb Valve has billions in revenue and still doesn't have the capacity for sales. I bet Gaben buys cheeseburgers instead of servers.

Most companies worth 100 of billion has issues when a lot of traffic hits. It's not like they pay everyday expecting 10 million unique hits a second.

Shit prices (like all Steam season sales lately). I was really hoping they would match the $15 price Amazon had for Just Cause 3, but I guess that was just a pipe dream. Steam sales haven't been worth my time since they got rid of the Flash/Community/Daily sales. I hope they are taking a noticeable profit loss and decide to go back to the old format eventually.

I think they used to do good sales to generate excitement and interest. Now that they're more "big time" they probably feel that they can get away with not dropping prices as low as they used to.

There will never be daily deals again. It would be asinine since they introduced refunds and made it acceptable to refund and re-buy at a lower price.

As someone who has done a refund, the trade off is worth it. Nothing worse than buying a game and realizing 10 minutes after you download and install that it's a turd

Haven't really been following Steam sales for the past year - are daily deals gone now? I want to pick up DOOM which is 40% off, but I don't want to buy it if it could potentially be cheaper during this summer sale.

Haven't really been following Steam sales for the past year - are daily deals gone now? I want to pick up DOOM which is 40% off, but I don't want to buy it if it could potentially be cheaper during this summer sale.

Crusader Kings II has all of its DLC up for about 67% off if you're into a genetic optimization simulator.

Daily deals are gone. This price is the best we will see during the sale. Pretty decent if you ask me.

Anyone know of decent 2-D or 2.5D games?

I am mainly into ARPG (planning to buy Victor Vran, already have van Helsing and Grim Dawn), platformers and Metroidvania types.

Also probably going to buy a couple of JRPG's and even Doom, $36 and it ran surprisingly well on a single 970 @ 1440p, at least on demo.

Wolfenstein Old Blood and Just Cause 2 are off my list.

Time to slog through the damn queues for my cards. *sigh*

based on what I see on IsThereAnyDeal.com I believe this is the best price for doom (on any website) so far.

I don't even know what to do with the cards, with 2 week restriction on selling/trading them without a smartphone apps.
I have a smartphone, but I'm not going to put unnecessary apps on it (or give Steam my phone number, etc etc).

EDIT
Actually, the cards don't seem to have an expiration date.
Guess they changed that.

Last edited:
Picked up Dark Soul 1 for 5 bucks after getting a few hundred hours out of DS3.

Payday tomorrow. Doom on sale. Incoming RX 480 or 1070 GTX....Things are looking good!

Back