Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

Here was my take:

Metro Redux Bundle
Into The Gloom
Blood: One Unit Whole Blood
The Path
Rogue Legacy
Legend of Dungeon
Slender: The Arrival
World in Conflict: Complete
The Dream Machine Bundle
Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Mad Riders
Castle Crashers
Teslagrad
The Evil Within
The Fall
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Test Drive Unlimited 2

I was really hoping to pick up the Resident Evil remaster but it's never did get jiggy with it as far as a nice sale price...as a fan of the original game I want to play it badly but I'm not paying $15 for it, sorry.

what's with all the rookies buying dozens of games at once when steam has like half a dozen sales a year? lol

what's with all the rookies buying dozens of games at once when steam has like half a dozen sales a year? lol

Not sure if you're referring to me, but I'm no rookie and I keep a close eye on my wishlist. The prices that I paid were some of the lowest that I've seen throughout the year.

75-90% off is more or less my new "standard." I rarely bite at even 66% off these days, unless I just really want that game and know that I'll be playing it immediately.

Such as? I'm a sucker for that type of game. Have picked up a few myself.

Some examples would be a combat flight sim game I paid literally $1.49 for called Wings Over Europe.

It is amazing and a true hidden gem on Steam. It is not too technical and not too arcady, the graphics and gameplay are excellent, really makes you feel as though you are a pilot fighting in the cold war. It only requires a patch if you are running it on W7 or newer.

Another game would be Desperados 1, it requires a patch as well but is an amazing tactical party based small squad RTS based in the Wild West (gameplay is similiar to the Commandos series), it was only $2.50 during the sale I believe.

Mark Of The Ninja complete was on sale for a really low price as well even though it's not really "hidden".

Arklash Legacy was on sale for about $3 or $5 and is a very tactical squad based RPG, some argue that is has some of the best tactical gameplay of any PC RPG and it doesn't hold your hand at all.

There were a ton of other hidden gems as well this sale, lots of really great games that will put a controller (lots of metroidvania styled games like Guacamole) and flight stick to use.

I tend to stay away from the games made by the big dev's as most are too easy and are meant to appeal to everyone so I ended up spending a small sum of money for some very high quality games.

Totes. Its way more hip to not buy anything and then just complain how much the sale sucks.

Banished - $5
Rayman Legends - $10
Ultra Street Fighter IV - $8
ARK: Survivor Evolved - $24.89

I'm a fan of sim city and age of empires type games so I bought Banished and I'm hooked.. fun little game. Then my kids and I loved playing through Rayman Origins, so getting Legends was a no brainer. Then I snagged a steam code on ebay for Ultra Street Fighter for $8, I had the vanilla game, but it does not work anymore for multiplayer. ARK was a game my son wanted me to get him for his birthday, so I probably won't touch that one.

So not too much money spent, I have a huge backlog so I don't splurge unless games are under $10 typically. I almost bought Wolfenstein & The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but I figured I could wait for the sales later in the year when they'll probably be cheaper anyway.

I actually managed to NOT buy anything this time around. I have three games I really care about -- Witcher 3, Satellite Reign, and GTA 5. None really had a decent sale (>= 20%) so I decided to pass until the next round.

I actually managed to NOT buy anything this time around. I have three games I really care about -- Witcher 3, Satellite Reign, and GTA 5. None really had a decent sale (>= 20%) so I decided to pass until the next round.

I didn't buy anything either and I'm pretty sure I haven't played even one game or have it downloaded from like the last 3 years of sales.

lol i did not buy anything this year. between getting married july 10th and hopefully having enough to build a new rig next month im broke lol. Oh well not much I wanted anyways

Back