Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

i bought stranded deep , not able to go past 2 minutes because of CTD

I almost bought Stranded Deep, but I've heard most of the 'cool stuff' is yet to be added...you know, like being rescued.

Also...it's $14.99 without a sale - saving ~$5 now just doesn't strike me as worth it.

How many of you opted to get Ori and the Blind Forest. I mulled getting this game until the last day of the sale and I don't regret it at all.

It has an amazing story and great artwork for a 2D side scroller. Others have recommended it for game of the year. I don't know if I could go that far, however, it does seem like a definite pickup, especially when on sale. My backlog is enough that I don't usually spend over $10, but this one I decided to break that rule. It wasn't a huge rule break though considering it was only $12.

How many of you opted to get Ori and the Blind Forest. I mulled getting this game until the last day of the sale and I don't regret it at all.

It has an amazing story and great artwork for a 2D side scroller. Others have recommended it for game of the year. I don't know if I could go that far, however, it does seem like a definite pickup, especially when on sale. My backlog is enough that I don't usually spend over $10, but this one I decided to break that rule. It wasn't a huge rule break though considering it was only $12.

I got that game and finished it last night. It was an amazing game. The power ups reminded me of a Mega Man type game and it was also fairly challenging. On top of that the game looks amazing!

I think I ended up with:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel + DLC bunduru
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Some random Fallout: New Vegas DLC that I didn't have
Abyss Odyssey
Toybox Turbos

Also picked up the Gauntlet 4-pack bundle from Bundle Stars.

Picked up:

The Hero of Kendrickstone
Might & Magic: Dark Messiah
Arx Fatalis
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Transistor
Alien: Isolation (and season pass)
Far Cry 4
Invisible Inc.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
CS: GO (for nostalgia's sake)
Besiege
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack

For a total of $160.36.

I expect to be knocking out games left and right now since I graduated this past spring and recently upgraded my video card + monitor :D

Picked up:

The Hero of Kendrickstone
Might & Magic: Dark Messiah
Arx Fatalis
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Transistor
Alien: Isolation (and season pass)
Far Cry 4
Invisible Inc.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
CS: GO (for nostalgia's sake)
Besiege
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack

For a total of $160.36.

I expect to be knocking out games left and right now since I graduated this past spring and recently upgraded my video card + monitor :D

Icewind Dale? Man, those were some great games, similar to Baldur's Gate II, but lord all mighty, I wouldn't even have the time anymore to sink into a RPG like that.

Icewind Dale? Man, those were some great games, similar to Baldur's Gate II, but lord all mighty, I wouldn't even have the time anymore to sink into a RPG like that.

Infinite Engine games are definitely my favorites! Like any good RPG, they are time consuming, but definitely worth it. Play through times are probably on par with (or a bit less in the case of the Icewind Dale games) other games I've played in the past year such as Divinity: Original Sin (74 hours), Wasteland 2 (55 hours), and Pillars of Eternity (62 hours). Between all the RPGs I have lined up, I should be busy for the remainder of the year :D

damn it I did not know it was ending in the morning thought end of the day.

yeah these things end pretty quick started last week Thursday......
or the Thursday before that....

Picked up:
Homeworld: Remastered (nostalgia)
Don't Starve Together (to play with a friend)
Valkyria Chronicles (because jrpg)

Wow

First time I have ever made it through a Steam sale without actually spending ANY money! :D

Don't get me wrong, there were temptations, but I made it! :D

Civ 3 Complete
Fallout 3 GOTY (I had Fallout 3 standalone before)
Age of Empires 2 HD
Age of Empires III Complete
Civ 4 Complete
Civ 5 Complete
Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack
Saints Row Gat out of Hell
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
The Settlers Rise of an Empire & Heritage of Kings
C&C Red Alert 3
C&C Tiberium Wars
C&C Kane's Wrath
C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising
The Settlers 7 Path to a new Kingdom
The Bureau Declassified
The XCom Complete
Cultures Northland & 8th Wonder of the World
$132.76

I spent more then I thought I would.

Picked up

Borderlands 2
Call of Jaurez
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
Project CARS
Homeworld Collection Remastered

It think it was $58.xx

4gmjsi.jpg

Because by the time I get around to playing whatever I would have wanted now, it would be 75% off then. XD

I just picked up just one game during this sale. I normally average 2-3. : \ Now the long wait to the X-mas sale.

Wow

First time I have ever made it through a Steam sale without actually spending ANY money! :D

Don't get me wrong, there were temptations, but I made it! :D

What, you mean there is hope for the rest of us? That one day we might be able to resist these sales?

I mean I know it wont happen, but at least I know it's possible?

The last few sales the bulk of my purchases

Banished
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
Borderlands 2 Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
Tales from the Borderlands
Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER
Worms Armageddon
Victory at Sea
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Plague Inc: Evolved
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Slender: The Arrival
J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars
BEEP
Polarity
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Rock of Ages
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Homeworld Remastered Collection

I also picked up a couple games for my son, and one for a fellow [H] member that I wanted to give a gift to.

ARK: Survival Evolved
Fallout Classic Collection
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Deluxe Edition
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Iron Fist
RUNNING WITH RIFLES
PAYDAY 2: The Butcher's BBQ Pack
PAYDAY 2: The Butcher's Western Pack
PAYDAY 2: The Butcher's AK/CAR Mod Pack
PAYDAY 2: Dragan Character Pack
PAYDAY 2: The OVERKILL Pack
PAYDAY 2: Clover Character Pack
Skullgirls
The Long Dark
DCS: Black Shark 2
DCS Combined Arms
Grim Fandango Remastered
Civ V Wonders of the Ancient DLC
Civ V Korea DLC
Civ V DLC - Polynesia
Civ V Denmark and Explorers Combo Pack DLC
Civ V DLC Double Civ Pack
Civ V Cradle DLC: Mesopotamia
Civ V Cradle DLC: Mediterranean
Civ V Cradle DLC: Asia
Civ V Cradle DLC: Americas
Civ V DLC Babylon
Prison Architect Name in Game
Borderlands 2 Collectors Edition DLC
The Wolf Among Us
Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition (ROW)
Fractured Space - Vanguard Upgrade
Homeworld Remastered Collection
PAYDAY 2: The Alesso Heist

Yeah, I bought a bit more than I thought I was gonna. I didn't even really *need* all those PAYDAY 2 DLCs, but ~sooooo cheap~.

Last edited:
Bioshock bundle
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Fallout 3- Game of the Year Edition
Far Cry bundle
Metro Redux bundle
Stalker bundle
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Verdun
Wolfenstein: New Order

I'm bundled out. This should keep me busy, if I can find some time to actually play them.

So GMG is currently running 40% off Arkham Knight, which is able to be preloaded now and will unlock tonight. Coupon code: BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC

...I can't tell whether or not to take this as a bad omen that a highly-anticipated game is almost 50% off on the eve of its release.

So GMG is currently running 40% off Arkham Knight, which is able to be preloaded now and will unlock tonight. Coupon code: BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC

...I can't tell whether or not to take this as a bad omen that a highly-anticipated game is almost 50% off on the eve of its release.

I wouldn't read too much into it, at least as far as the quality of the game is concerned. They had Witcher 3 available for pre-order at 35% off... a decent bit cheaper than their usual 20% to 25% off ... and it's not as if TW3 is a game that warrants a lower price tag. In fact, it's one of the most worthy of full price games I've played in years.

Their Witcher 3 keys were from an unknown source, not supplied by CDPR. I'm not sure how (or if) that factors into the price being lower. If it does though, ,perhaps a similar situation has happened here, where GMG has found their own source for keys that allows them to sell the game at a heavier discount.

I wouldn't read too much into it, at least as far as the quality of the game is concerned. They had Witcher 3 available for pre-order at 35% off... a decent bit cheaper than their usual 20% to 25% off ... and it's not as if TW3 is a game that warrants a lower price tag. In fact, it's one of the most worthy of full price games I've played in years.

Their Witcher 3 keys were from an unknown source, not supplied by CDPR. I'm not sure how (or if) that factors into the price being lower. If it does though, ,perhaps a similar situation has happened here, where GMG has found their own source for keys that allows them to sell the game at a heavier discount.

Keys for AK should come directly from WB. GMG is an official reseller for WB.

Well, I can definitely confirm that my long-preordered keys for AK and the Season Pass (the extra Batmobiles sold me -_-) worked on Steam without an issue.

End up with

LEGO Jurassic Worl
Chariot
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Costume Quest 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Infested Planet
Titan Souls
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Dino D-Day Comic - Issue #1
Dino D-Day: Last Stand DLC
bit Dungeon II
Grow Home
Skullgirls
Dino D-Day
Geometry Dash
A Story About My Uncle
Contrast
Grim Fandango Remastered
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Gods Will Be Watching Collector's Edition
Apotheon
Besiege
Broforce
Turbo Dismount
Hektor
This War of Mine
Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ROW
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Metro 2033 Redux
GameLoading: Rise of the Indies

I need help.....:rolleyes:

Your GPU is definitely having a Toxic effect on you...

Hence why it's called Toxic, it corrupts all it touches into buying more games.

PS. I think I need help more, as I type this up, I have BS's Toxic song stuck in my head...

picked up metro redux bundle for $10, I love pc gaming lol.

Buncha crazies all buying games you won't play before the winter sale, much less next year's summer sale.

Hand of Fate is a pretty cool game you deal cards then your fate is whatever cards are drawn you then fight in 3rd person. Cool concept.,..

I asked for a Refund for ARMA 3 just wasn't much fun game it pretty cool looking though hate the pace of the game though.

There were some really hidden gems in this sale.

Ended up spending less than $15 but managed to get around 5 games all of which I would consider and most consider to be extremely high quality games in their genre.

There were a lot of hidden gems in this sale for $1-4. Some of the games that cost that much were older but games that I've never heard about with meta scores above 85.

I asked for a Refund for ARMA 3 just wasn't much fun game it pretty cool looking though hate the pace of the game though.

ArmA 3 is primarily an MP game...I barely touch the SP portion, personally, but I play it regularly with a co-op group.

It is different than most first-person games so it's definitely not for everyone.

There were some really hidden gems in this sale.

Ended up spending less than $15 but managed to get around 5 games all of which I would consider and most consider to be extremely high quality games in their genre.

There were a lot of hidden gems in this sale for $1-4. Some of the games that cost that much were older but games that I've never heard about with meta scores above 85.

Such as? I'm a sucker for that type of game. Have picked up a few myself.

Ended up spending 110.00 during the sale and got these games:

Braid
The bind of Isaac
Chivalry
Dishonored
skyrm
Fallout 3
Fallout New vegas
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 blood dragon
Grid 2
Kerbal Space program
Magicka
Metro Last Light
Ori and the Blind forest
Risk of Rain
South Park: Stick of truth
The stanly Parable
The Talos principle
Torchlight 2
The Witcher

Got some crazy good deals for that much money. The most expensive game was 30 bucks so I got most of the for 80 dollars. Such a steal. I'm set for a year, at least.

Nice...bunch of good games there. You'll be set until the autumn/winter sales for sure!

Back