Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

This might be heresy here, but is COD:AW worth it? Is the multiplayer all dead already?

I've never really played the Assasins Creed series before. Which one would you guys recommend?

I've never really played the Assasins Creed series before. Which one would you guys recommend?

Everybody is going to say Black Flag, and while it is great indeed, I'm pretty hardcore on following stories and recognizing references without feeling like I've missed something so I started with AC1 and worked my way up. Haven't played Unity or Rogue yet though.

Before Black Flag, everyone pretty much felt that AC2 and Brotherhood were the best. I enjoyed them all, from 1 to Revelations, and had a good time with III as well.

As a first Assassin's Creed I think I'd actually recommend 2. It does a good enough job of covering the big points from the first game and it is the game that got the formula right. Black Flag is a good second choice, but I'd still say play 2 before hand.

Steam seems to be getting hammered. Only downloading at ~1 - 1.5 MB/sec when I normally get over 60 MB/sec from them.

they have local servers so it can very by region. That said it does seem to be getting hammered for me
A3DfPfn.png

This might be heresy here, but is COD:AW worth it? Is the multiplayer all dead already?

COD is rarely worth it on the PC. Multiplayer numbers are dismal. Unless you're a COD junkie don't bother.

I say this as a COD junkie who owns them all...and I pretty much only play MW2 and 3.

wondering if FC4 gold is worth it? Any recommendations?

The two single-player missions that the Season Pass gets you are 'meh,' but given that the base game is 29.99 and the Season Pass is 11.99 on its own, and buying the Gold Edition gets you both plus the 'Limited Edition' content for 35.99...I'd say it's worth the extra money.

The real fun of FC4 is once you've gotten the drudgery of the outposts and radio towers out of the way, you can start being a real dickhead to both enemy and friend alike. Once you max karma, you can kill whomever you want for no penalty. Throw bait into a campground from a gyro and watch as a bear, leopard, or tiger decimates everyone. Best part of FC4 is way less snakes than FC3...though the eagles sort of make up for their absence by being almost omni-present.

mother fucking eagles....

been playing it recently too, so far unlike FC3, no movie/cut scene/press this button now scenes where your skill has nothing to do with the outcome (although I expect them to come soon enough)

I picked up Toybox Turbos last night after coming across it completely by accident. It's a straight up rip-off of the Micro Machine games from way back in the day... and it's fucking awesome. Probably one of the best $3 purchases I've ever made.

LOL, I loved Micro Machines.

I picked up Toy Soliders a while back because it reminded me very strongly of Toy Commander for Dreamcast (which was awesome) and the old Army Men games. I recommend checking it out, especially at the current price.

mother fucking eagles....

been playing it recently too, so far unlike FC3, no movie/cut scene/press this button now scenes where your skill has nothing to do with the outcome (although I expect them to come soon enough)

I don't think FC4 has any "press X to not die" at all. The worst is has is I think 4 opportunities to either pull the trigger or not to pull the trigger in scripted scenes, but it doesn't control whether you live or die (not to give anything away). The flying in a couple spots is a bit irritating, do it right or you can do it again, lol. Well, it has "smash random button X as fast as you can repeatedly" if you get caught in an animal's jaws. Aside from the crashes, FC4 is pretty well done, imho.

LOL, I loved Micro Machines.

I picked up Toy Soliders a while back because it reminded me very strongly of Toy Commander for Dreamcast (which was awesome) and the old Army Men games. I recommend checking it out, especially at the current price.

Does the game have local split screen multiplayer?

Also sucks that the 4 pack is not discounted.

I purchased these last night, been wanting to play them for a while.

Spec Ops The Line
Metro Redux Bundle
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Alien: Isolation

Batman Arkham Origins and Ziggurat were my only 2 purchases. Under 10 bucks :) Not bad

The stuff I broke down and bought this time around:

Craft The World
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
This War of Mine
State of Decay: YOSE Day One Ediiton
Legend of Grimrock 2 <------ working my way through Grimrock 1 now
Sunless Sea <------ the next game I'm playing after I'm done with Grimrock

My wallet damage has been
Amazing Spider-Man pack: 19.19
Chivalry : Medieval warfare pack : 3:50.
I am waiting for a package of Arkham Knight base game + dlc for 10 before I pull the trigger.

Playing Grimrock 1 first is a good idea, because I played LoG2 first, loved it, and then when I started playing LoG1, it was kind of a comedown and I couldn't last more than a couple hours - partly because so many things were improved between 1 and 2 (like the square-dancing combat in LoG1 that's easy to cheese), partly because I got sick of spending so much time looking at empty walls for the few out of place pixels of a hidden switch, and partly because I was just burned out.

LoG2 is a must play game though. Even if you weren't a fan of dungeon crawlers in the 90's like I wasn't.

I went overkill this time:

Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass Steam Store
Starpoint Gemini 2 - Secrets of Aethera Steam Store
Ultimate General: Gettysburg Steam Store
Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam Store
ARK: Survival Evolved Steam Store
Planet Explorers Steam Store
Arma 3 - Extended Edition Steam Store
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches (ROW) Steam Store
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass ROW Steam Store
The Apogee Throwback Pack Steam Store
Rise of the Triad Steam Store
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Steam Store
Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC Steam Store
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC Steam Store
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials Steam Store
Survivalist Steam Store
Murdered: Soul Suspect ROW Steam Store
Front Office Football Seven Steam Store
Kill The Bad Guy Steam Store
Smooth Operators Full Game Steam Store
7 Days to Die Steam Store
The Forest Steam Store
Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Steam Store
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ROW Steam Store

Even at $30 for the Arkham Knight Season Pass, I'm going to come out well ahead on that one since I landed an nVidia key for the main game at $25 on eBay last month. I'll take getting the complete game for less than what just the game itself would have cost any day of the week.

I went overkill this time:

Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass Steam Store
Starpoint Gemini 2 - Secrets of Aethera Steam Store
Ultimate General: Gettysburg Steam Store
Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam Store
ARK: Survival Evolved Steam Store
Planet Explorers Steam Store
Arma 3 - Extended Edition Steam Store
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches (ROW) Steam Store
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass ROW Steam Store
The Apogee Throwback Pack Steam Store
Rise of the Triad Steam Store
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Steam Store
Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC Steam Store
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC Steam Store
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials Steam Store
Survivalist Steam Store
Murdered: Soul Suspect ROW Steam Store
Front Office Football Seven Steam Store
Kill The Bad Guy Steam Store
Smooth Operators Full Game Steam Store
7 Days to Die Steam Store
The Forest Steam Store
Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Steam Store
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ROW Steam Store

Even at $30 for the Arkham Knight Season Pass, I'm going to come out well ahead on that one since I landed an nVidia key for the main game at $25 on eBay last month. I'll take getting the complete game for less than what just the game itself would have cost any day of the week.

That's quite a haul! Are you relatively new to Steam sales? Those of us veterans have binge shopped in past Steam sales so there are not too many games to purchase this time around. Since my backlog is > 130, I have made a rule of not purchasing a game unless it is $10 or less. I hope you plan on playing Arkham Knight very soon as that's the only reason to justify paying as much as you did instead of waiting a year or two for it to fall to $10.

That's quite a haul! Are you relatively new to Steam sales? Those of us veterans have binge shopped in past Steam sales so there are not too many games to purchase this time around. Since my backlog is > 130, I have made a rule of not purchasing a game unless it is $10 or less. I hope you plan on playing Arkham Knight very soon as that's the only reason to justify paying as much as you did instead of waiting a year or two for it to fall to $10.

i don't have a huge steam backlog, but I've got enough unplayed games that I can't justify buying much of anything, but I ended up buying the first 2 Arkhams and Asassins Creed II (never played 1, but I have III sitting on Amazon...figure I can skip the first one).

Wouldn've bought the GTA3 pack, if they hadn't removed music. I'll just dig up my San Andreas disk instead.

Last edited:
Does the game have local split screen multiplayer?

Also sucks that the 4 pack is not discounted.

I believe it's only single player.

Looks like the newer release, Toy Soldiers: Complete, has multiplayer but it's Early Access right now.

The stuff I broke down and bought this time around:

Craft The World
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
This War of Mine
State of Decay: YOSE Day One Ediiton

I'm really curious about This War of Mine. Sunless Sea looks like it could be cool, too. I bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter this time around but haven't dug in yet (started The Evil Within after finishing Arkham Origins).

i don't have a huge steam backlog, but I've got enough unplayed games that I can't justify buying much of anything, but I ended up buying the first 2 Arkhams and Asassins Creed II (never played 1, but I have III sitting on Amazon...figure I can skip the first one).

Nice haul - those are ALL terrific games.

nilepez said:
Wouldn've bought the GTA3 pack, if they hadn't removed music. I'll just dig up my San Andreas disk instead.

What do you mean they removed music? :confused:

60MB or 60Mbps?

It peaks at about 60 MB/sec, but I'd say averages around 50 MB/sec. Highest I've seen to-date has been 69 MB/sec when I first got my new router.

It's going slow now, but faster than yesterday at least. :(

tb2ppi7.jpg

Any word on if Prison Architect is close to being done? It's been in early access for damn near 3 years now, and it's not like it's ground breaking graphics wise either.

I didn't buy that much

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
Thief Town Gift
Slender: The Arrival
RER2/BHR2 Episode One: Penal Colony
Betrayer
Miasmata
Fight The Dragon
DreadOut
3DMark Advanced
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
LISA
Killer is Dead
Miscreated 4-pack
ARK: Survival Evolved

What do you mean they removed music? :confused:

Apparently some of the music was removed last year in a patch, because their license expired. In the past, that only affected new purchases, but in this case it appears it was removed for all Steam users (and I think some other digital purchases as well).

I didn't dig to deeply into it. the price was right to buy them all (I've never played GTA III or Liberty City), but I can live with just replaying the original San Andreas. It's been many years.

Just picked up a couple this sale that ive been meaning to for a little while now:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition
Sid Meier's Pirates
Stronghold HD

Metro: Last Light Redux
ARK: Survival Evolved
Five Nights at Freddy's
Outlast
Slender: The Arrival

The most damage I've done in years.

Im not even remotely new to Steam sales. :p There were years where the money was a little tight to do a lot of shopping. Not so much this summer. :p

I'm a sucker for Batman stuff, so I'm planning on firing up AK as soon as it releases. Besides, I got it and the season pass total for like $40 less than what they wanted.

Back