Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

How is Arkham Origins on PC? I have the other two titles on PS3 but its hard to pass it up on PC for $5 unless it runs like crap.

How is Arkham Origins on PC? I have the other two titles on PS3 but its hard to pass it up on PC for $5 unless it runs like crap.

OMG...I was hesitant to purchase Origins because I read about the "game breaking" bugs and the fact that it wasn't created by the team that did Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It had the reputation for being the worst of the trilogy (but still pretty good).

Well let me tell you, I LOVED AA and AC but there are some things about Origins that I like more than the first two games. The story is excellent and the cutscenes are top notch! The actual gameplay is more of the same, but the combat somehow feels a bit less satisfying than the first two games. In my experience, Origins was indeed buggier than the first two games...I had some frustrations with the game crashing to desktop, but it wasn't enough to put me off from finishing it. If you have played and liked the first two Arkham games, you owe it to yourself to play Origins. It's awesome, especially at far below the full price.

Batman and the Joker were voiced by different actors in Origins, but a lot of people have given them credit for doing a good job. They aren't the same as AA and AC. I liked Mark Hamill's Joker from the first two games more, but Joker in Origins wasn't bad. And Batman in the first two games was fantastic but I actually really liked Batman's voice in Origins as it reminded me more of Christopher Nolan's version of Batman.

In short, there were some frustrations in Origins but the amount of things to like far outweighed them. I was definitely glad to have played it and like a good book, was determined to finish it.

OMG...I was hesitant to purchase Origins because I read about the "game breaking" bugs and the fact that it wasn't created by the team that did Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It had the reputation for being the worst of the trilogy (but still pretty good).

Well let me tell you, I LOVED AA and AC but there are some things about Origins that I like more than the first two games. The story is excellent and the cutscenes are top notch! The actual gameplay is more of the same, but the combat somehow feels a bit less satisfying than the first two games. In my experience, Origins was indeed buggier than the first two games...I had some frustrations with the game crashing to desktop, but it wasn't enough to put me off from finishing it. If you have played and liked the first two Arkham games, you owe it to yourself to play Origins. It's awesome, especially at far below the full price.

Batman and the Joker were voiced by different actors in Origins, but a lot of people have given them credit for doing a good job. They aren't the same as AA and AC. I liked Mark Hamill's Joker from the first two games more, but Joker in Origins wasn't bad. And Batman in the first two games was fantastic but I actually really liked Batman's voice in Origins as it reminded me more of Christopher Nolan's version of Batman.

In short, there were some frustrations in Origins but the amount of things to like far outweighed them. I was definitely glad to have played it and like a good book, was determined to finish it.

I loved the detective stuff in Origins and wish Rocksteady had taken that on. It's so rare to see movies or games take on the detective part of Batman that it was so nice to see. It's an idea I would have loved to seen expanded on.

Yeah, Troy Baker's Joker was surprisingly good. I did not expect to like it, but it fit the game world. I still prefer Conroy but Roger Craig Smith did a good young Batman, it felt like he was still figuring out his identity and how to do everything right. Like Baker's Joker, it fit the world and the story they were telling.

Alright you guys convinced me I will be picking up Origins.

Last edited:
Killing Floor 2 is worth it game is in progress but hold lots of potential.
Was hoping Ass Creed Rogue would be cheaper I mean it was 12.00 on Amazon.
Grim Dawn on the Flash sale is worth it too...

sales almost over and still Scholar of the First Sin hasn't gone up as a Daily or Flash Deal???

It was only $13 and change the other day for the upgrade, why didn't you grab it silly?

it's still $13.99...Steam Sale unofficial rules are that if it doesn't go up as a Flash or Daily Deal then wait until the last day to buy...if it goes up as a Flash/Daily then the price will be lower

it's still $13.99...Steam Sale unofficial rules are that if it doesn't go up as a Flash or Daily Deal then wait until the last day to buy...if it goes up as a Flash/Daily then the price will be lower

Those are the old rules, part of Steam's refund policy is being able to get the difference refunded if it's offered at a cheaper price within the 14 day period.

What am I missing here. This seems like either (A) manipulative pricing or (B) a pricing algorithm run amok

6svrt0.png

Those are the old rules, part of Steam's refund policy is being able to get the difference refunded if it's offered at a cheaper price within the 14 day period.

why go through the hassle of a refund when I can just wait until the last day of the Summer Sale...if it shows up as a Flash or Daily Deal at a lower price before that then great...if not then I'll just wait until the last day and buy it at the $13.99 price

What am I missing here. This seems like either (A) manipulative pricing or (B) a pricing algorithm run amok

6svrt0.png

That happens with bundles during every big sale. Companies apparently are hoping people won't notice they're getting charged more for buying the collection versus buying separately.

Or maybe the bundle just isn't on a flash sale or daily sale. This stuff happens all the time all across the internet and brick and mortar stores its not always better to buy in bulk. If its cheaper to buy the games individually do it that way.

I just grabbed Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $6.79... good deal, glad I never bought it before I guess

According to Steam, I have the FO:NV Ultimate Edition, yet when I install the game I don't have Courier's Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal as far as I can tell. :confused:

According to Steam, I have the FO:NV Ultimate Edition, yet when I install the game I don't have Courier's Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal as far as I can tell. :confused:

For some reason it does that when you only own the base edition.

I just grabbed Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $6.79... good deal, glad I never bought it before I guess

Have fun playing that game. It's one of the most boring, confusing, nebulous games I ever played. I pushed myself to put time into and it never got better. People compare it to Skyrim or Oblivion, but both of those games were far less complicated, much less boring and easier to adapt to than any FO game I ever played. I picked up FO3 b/c people said it was better than NV, but it sucks too.

Does anyone remember a big difference in discounts between the summer and winter sales of last year?

Have fun playing that game. It's one of the most boring, confusing, nebulous games I ever played. I pushed myself to put time into and it never got better. People compare it to Skyrim or Oblivion, but both of those games were far less complicated, much less boring and easier to adapt to than any FO game I ever played. I picked up FO3 b/c people said it was better than NV, but it sucks too.

Gamer fail! :p

FYI, Fallout 4 on presale. $45 at Greenmangaming with 25% off code on website. Steam code.

Alright you guys convinced me I will be picking up Origins.

[L]imey;1041676804 said:
This.

I was hesitant before too, but I just grabbed it, DLing now.

Cool. I want you guys to play up 'til the duel with Deathstroke (near the beginning of the game) and then tell me what you think so far.

Without spoiling anything, the whole section that involves the hotel + Bane + Joker later in the game is an epic, nonstop thrill ride! An extremely well done set piece and an incredibly satisfying stretch of the game. I had some of the most fun in Origins that I've had with Batman games, even though it's the roughest around the edges from a technical standpoint.

Cool. I want you guys to play up 'til the duel with Deathstroke (near the beginning of the game) and then tell me what you think so far.

Without spoiling anything, the whole section that involves the hotel + Bane + Joker later in the game is an epic, nonstop thrill ride! An extremely well done set piece and an incredibly satisfying stretch of the game. I had some of the most fun in Origins that I've had with Batman games, even though it's the roughest around the edges from a technical standpoint.

That fight with Deathstroke is so good. One of my friends ended up doing it with the counter notifications off. Way beyond what I could manage but it's a blast to watch it like that.

That fight with Deathstroke is so good. One of my friends ended up doing it with the counter notifications off. Way beyond what I could manage but it's a blast to watch it like that.

It was the toughest part of the game for me by a long shot (took more tries than anything else to get past). Which I thought was odd, considering it was so early on in the game. I can't imagine doing it without counter indicators. I'd probably have to play the game for a long time and be very patient in order to accomplish that. I bet it is awesome to watch like that! Probably a better spectacle to watch than to actually play.

48 Hr ENCORE deals just started btw....

Evil Within shows 50% off @ 29.99...clicked and still shows 14.99 for game

May be similar w/ other deals on the "showcase" page

Checked Wolf Among Us, same thing.....maybe they want people to click more.

Some games seem to be cheaper than what is shown on the top page....

ridiculous that Dark Souls 2 never went up as a Daily or Flash deal

I know I was hoping for $19.99 or less, I guess I will just wait for the winter sale.

48 Hr ENCORE deals just started btw....

Evil Within shows 50% off @ 29.99...clicked and still shows 14.99 for game

May be similar w/ other deals on the "showcase" page

Checked Wolf Among Us, same thing.....maybe they want people to click more.

Some games seem to be cheaper than what is shown on the top page....

This always happens right when they first change over. After 10 minutes or so everything usually straitens itself out.

Back