Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

I spent $0 and I'm shocked my socks are still on as they say. Wolfenstein: The New Order I purchased for $30 on it's first sale, it was totally worth that just for the blood and gore, so it's definitely worth $15 and right right the wolf amoung us is $6.24, it's a fun game, I paid higher than that. Oh I purchased the witcher 3 for $47, on preorder, so the current sale,$53 was the old preorder price if you didn't own any of the other games, CDR came through with patches that brought back functionality, you could not rebind movement kets on release day. Watchdogs is on sale $15.99, but not cheap enough for all the broken promises.

That seems to happen a lot when things first turn over. I know Wolfenstein was doing it yesterday for a few minutes.

More importantly, you do know that Valve has nothing to do with any of these prices, right?

even if Valve doesn't control the pricing I don't think I've ever seen prices increase from one sale to the next

I'd say the LEGO games are great fun - lends itself to a living-room experience (big TV, everyone on the couch, etc.) so if you have controllers I think it'll work out just fine.

Never worry about the difficulty level on LEGO games ;)
Unless it's an older LEGO game, those had some very frustrating mechanics i.e. having to jump to a very specific point or start the whole damn thing over again, newer ones almost auto jump for you just press the jump button and everything lines up.

That said, you can never truly die, you respawn right where you explode, difficulty level is very low on these, however I still enjoy playing them, about 5% of the game is completing the story 95% is collecting all the characters, bonus blocks, etc.

Any thoughts on "Lethal League"? It seems to have a good Metacritic rating of 82/100 and isn't ancient like some other of the sub-$10 games on sale today.

I want The Wolf Among Us but I haven't even finished TWD yet.

Also, Chivary is the cheapest I've ever seen it at $2.49 (90% off).

Ironic, my boss gave me a copy of witcher 3. After buying 45.00 worth of shit on the steam sale, i decide to fire up witcher 3. That was 6 hours ago..

Couldn't resist Wolfenstein: The New Order and Sunless Sea so far.

i spent $3.00 its all I could afford right now and bought deadlight. Getting married july 10th so money is poo haha

So if a game is on daily deal that is the lowest it will go or will they also go on flash sale>?

Last edited:
i spent $3.00 its all I could afford right now and bought deadlight. Getting married july 10th so money is poo haha

I know how you feel, so drop me a PM with your Steam name and if I get any extra copies of anything I'll message you to see if it's something you would want.

So if a game is on daily deal that is the lowest it will go or will they also go on flash sale>?

Remember the new Steam refund system also has a section stating that they will refund the difference if a game is offered at a lower price during the 14 day period.

Neat game but I'm a little ticked off right now...I was a good way through it and then went to play a couple of days ago; got a random message about a problem with my saved game. Checked the folder and it appears that Steam cloud sync did me the favor of deleting it. So might want to disable cloud sync. It's a handy feature when it works; never had an issue with it but now I'm considering disabling it on all of my games and resorting to the ol' manual backup method.

Neat game but I'm a little ticked off right now...I was a good way through it and then went to play a couple of days ago; got a random message about a problem with my saved game. Checked the folder and it appears that Steam cloud sync did me the favor of deleting it. So might want to disable cloud sync. It's a handy feature when it works; never had an issue with it but now I'm considering disabling it on all of my games and resorting to the ol' manual backup method.

But even with cloud saves you still have a saved game file on your system, and you should get a choice of which to use when your system saved file and the cloud are different.

But even with cloud saves you still have a saved game file on your system, and you should get a choice of which to use when your system saved file and the cloud are different.

Yeah, I know that there's a save locally, which is what syncs with the cloud each time you exit the game. Assuming that you're talking about the saved game files in the Steam\Userdata location, I checked there under the game's SteamID and it was empty aside from the remotecache.vdf file.

When I launched the game it didn't give me a choice of which one to use. It said something to the effect of "There is a problem with your cloud sync game file; if you proceed you may lose all of your game progress" and the only choices were to click OK to proceed, or Exit. I clicked Exit without ever launching the game, but when I checked for the local save file it was gone.

It's pretty bad when all the good games are Free to Play and steam sale game are give or take.
I bought Warmachine Tactics at the last sale during Christmas I forgot to play the thing =)
It's due on my weekend.

So I downloaded the demo of The Evil Within last night, and liked what I've played so far. I can deal with the main complaints of the game, which seem to be the "story" and the protagonist. Can anyone tell me what to expect from the full game? Is it more of what I'm playing in the demo (which is fine)? Does it get even better? Or does it jump the shark after the first few levels?

Mission 1 feels like something out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre so far, which is great. Really enjoying myself!

Sucks, nothing to buy again. Gauntlet for $5 is a nice deal if you are a fan of the original (or 80s/90s games in general).

I wish GTAV would get a real discount. The money card is pointless to me, as I'll just drive around cheating anyway :p

Looks like Grim Fandango will end up being my second purchase of the Steam sale.

Debating on Civ Beyond Earth.

Looks like the bundle with Starships is also on a good discount. Anyone got thoughts on that one?

Spent yesterday deciding if I should get Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. It's a good price on both the game and the season pass.

Well if you liked the original it's nothing like it... It's zoomed out too much the controls are awkward and it's pretty Hard it's nothing like the Original....
If I was the producer of the game I would of put more of the Original stuff in the game sounds ect....maybe add a animation when you go towards a Exit..

Good deal on Alien: Isolation if you haven't played it yet. Definitely a must-buy if you're a fan of the original movie, or survival-horror in general.

What is the issue with Gauntlet? Bad game?

Well if you liked the original it's nothing like it... It's zoomed out too much the controls are awkward and it's pretty Hard it's nothing like the Original....
If I was the producer of the game I would of put more of the Original stuff in the game sounds ect....maybe add a animation when you go towards a Exit..

Personally I loved the game and have over 40 hours into it (bought it a while ago when it was $10). Well worth it IMO if you like hack-and-slash style games. Most of my playthroughs are solo - it's super fun with friends though (4 player co-op, either on a single system, online, or both combined).

Just because it's "nothing like the original" doesn't make it a bad game.

anyone who doesn't have The Vanishing of Ethan Carter should jump on it at the sale price of $6.79

Picked up Defense Grid 2 for $4.49 which seems to be lowest it's ever been.

So far I got:
CivCity: Rome
Super Meat Boy
The Banner Saga
Far Cry 3
Lost Planet 3
Ancient Space
Metro Redux Bundle
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Tales from the Borderlands

So Far Cry 4 is $30.00. I liked Far Cry 3 (which I hear this is basically more of the same), and I understand that this game was released just 7 months ago, so I definitely wasn't expecting it to be $7.49. So... Is this game worth $30? Or should I just go and play my backlog and grab it on the winter/fall sale (or another flash sale later this year)? By then I expect the game will be $7.49... Thoughts?

So Far Cry 4 is $30.00. I liked Far Cry 3 (which I hear this is basically more of the same), and I understand that this game was released just 7 months ago, so I definitely wasn't expecting it to be $7.49. So... Is this game worth $30? Or should I just go and play my backlog and grab it on the winter/fall sale (or another flash sale later this year)? By then I expect the game will be $7.49... Thoughts?

I would wait some more, at least until the winter steam sale. If you have a decent backlog of games, like I do, it's not worth spending $30 on any game at all. Frankly, the days of me spending $60 on a game on release are gone. They come down in prices so quickly I will never buy one at release price (and I was really looking forward to Witcher 3 too).

Save yourself some money and just wait it out. I ended up buying Far Cry 3 for $20 when it was still retailing at $40 at the time. You will see deals on it. Just watch sites that shows video game sales across multiple sites.

the last steam sale i wasn't disappointed with was in 2011 - this looks like just another steam sale. :eek:

I would wait some more, at least until the winter steam sale. If you have a decent backlog of games, like I do, it's not worth spending $30 on any game at all. Frankly, the days of me spending $60 on a game on release are gone. They come down in prices so quickly I will never buy one at release price (and I was really looking forward to Witcher 3 too).

Save yourself some money and just wait it out. I ended up buying Far Cry 3 for $20 when it was still retailing at $40 at the time. You will see deals on it. Just watch sites that shows video game sales across multiple sites.

Thank you. Will do... At $7.49 it will probably be a good game. :D That's what I paid for Bioshock Infinite and I'd say it's worth more than that - a good deal more. Haha.

Wow....$15 for the Colonial Marines season pass? LOL.
The only thing worth buying from it is Stasis Interrupted for $2.49. It was a much better experience over the half-baked base game. It's too bad they didn't make it a standalone DLC.

Back