Steam 2014 Winter sale is here! runs from December 18th to January 2nd.

In for Amnesia Collection for $6.29. Also everyone in the thread sold me on The Witcher 2 for $2.99. WTH I guess.

lol, some of their encore deals are a little more expensive than they were on the day they were on sale.

So, in other words, it what Electronic Arts and Ubisoft should be.

Yes, I have the Witcher 1 and 2. Unplayed.

They wont ever be the same. They operate internally in totally different ways.

I'm pretty irritated that I missed The Walking Dead S2. I had it in the cart but had issues updating my card, then had issues connecting to Steam, then missed getting back on before time ran out. That was the only game I was looking forward to in the sale :(

I was waiting for Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault to go on sale. Didn't happen. :mad:

They dropped it down to $30 earlier in the sale. Still overpriced IMHO, I'll wait until its around $10 since I don't play the game much.

I'm regretting not getting planetary anniliation when it was $6 or so.

Out of all the games I picked up this holiday season, I am enjoying Shovel Knight the most. Pretty fun game and I am by no means a "retro gamer".

This sale was all in all disappointing.

IT just seems since the first few Steam sales, where they actually had NEW games and "Big" games with like 50%+ discounts, that now most Steam sales are just a bunch of indie games or games that have been out fo ra while and already been discounted over and over and over.

If a new'ish game does go on sale, it's usually for <20% , 25% if you are lucky, and for those of us who know about GMG , where they generally have a 20-25% off coupon to use when the game first comes out, it's pretty much a standard new price now.

Steam has never put new, major releases on large discounts. I think the real source of the disappointment is largely that this year was quite a dud in gaming, especially compared to last year.

This sale was all in all disappointing.

IT just seems since the first few Steam sales, where they actually had NEW games and "Big" games with like 50%+ discounts, that now most Steam sales are just a bunch of indie games or games that have been out fo ra while and already been discounted over and over and over.

If a new'ish game does go on sale, it's usually for <20% , 25% if you are lucky, and for those of us who know about GMG , where they generally have a 20-25% off coupon to use when the game first comes out, it's pretty much a standard new price now.

Completely agree..... I haven't really seen many of the older well known titles on deep discount like in past years. Honestly there are better deals to be had from GreenManGaming and some of the other resellers.....

This Sale I got:

Shadow Warrior: Special Edition
Wargame Franchise Pack
Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass
R.U.S.E. + All DLC
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Castle Crashers
Batman: Arkham Origins - Season Pass
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Christmas Bundle
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Deluxe Edition
Space Hulk
Planetary Annihilation + Digital Deluxe Add-on
The Walking Dead Season 2
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Journey of a Roach
Munin
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition
Pixel Piracy
BattleBlock Theater

Long live the Superior PC Master Race! :cool:

Not a lot to get this year, a bit disappointed but still prefer PC gaming and Steam. Enjoy your new time sinks everyone.

They dropped it down to $30 earlier in the sale. Still overpriced IMHO, I'll wait until its around $10 since I don't play the game much.

I'm regretting not getting planetary anniliation when it was $6 or so.

Yea I don't think I want to pay more than $10 for it either. If it was COH 1 gameplay wise I wouldn't mind ( my idea of fun was mostly just going around with one Pershing Tank with moderate support and trying to keep it alive the entire game in comp-stomp skirmishes) but I didn't like CoH 2 all that much.

There's just way too many half baked 2d platformish type indie games around. That's just my opinion.

my job updating this thread is done :D see you guys for the summer sale!

Thank you so much. I think you missed one or two and I must say it was a loss because the efforts put forth during your absence were nowhere near as timely, detailed, or well organized. It's always a pleasure to have you run the Steam sale threads.

See you next time, hopefully!

You stay and tell us what you bought!

lol here's this years load, all from my wishlist

Ether One
Life Goes On
Abyss Odyssey
Pixel Piracy
Metal Slug X
Alien: Isolation Retail (RoW)
Transistor
Super Time Force Ultra
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Digital Retail (RoW)
Penguin's Arena
Metro Last Light Redux
Scary Girl
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris ROW Launch
Gauntlet
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition
Hack 'n' Slash
Defense Grid 2 Special Edition

Mostly indie games and only 2 games cost me 20.00, Alien Isolation (GMG) and Modern Warfare via Gamestop. I really wanted nba 2k15 but at 40.00+ no thanks :'(

Last edited:
the valve complete pack is $25, which is like $1 / game that is as good as humble bundles get.

I highly suggest people who do not have most valve games grab it, and I even suggest that people who do have them grab it or multiple copies to keep as gifts. There is no better way to give a gift to someone to get them into PC gaming / steam than the valve complete pack. Its like a ton of the most iconic games ever made.

Snagged Shadowrun, not sure if it's my thing but'll give it a go. Also grabbed Wolf Among Us (AWESOME) as well as season 2 of Walking Dead (Good but IMO not as good as season 1). Deadlight, and a few others I can't remember right now on the cheap.

Oh grabbed Wolfenstein too, normally I'm not willing to go $20, just heard too many good things about that title to pass. Still got 13 games on my wishlist but not going further until I get this backlog down at least 5-10 games.

I kind of want to go in for don't starve now. Can anyone convince me to? Don't know when the hell I'm going to play it but if I get don't starve together eventually too - good deal right?

got off pretty light this sale only 20$ and change:
how to survive
ghostbusters
bioshock infinite
farcry frans, pack.

Got off fairly light game-wise:
Final Fantasy XIII
Endless Legend
Overlord II
Pandora
Valkyria Chronicles

Maybe spent 65 bucks. What really burned me was picking up Sonar X3. I've been waiting on some decent sale on music making software and that was the best I've seen in a while. That burned me for a good bit.

For me, the damage was $25.79. Considering that I had purchased Steam gift cards at a discount, I did pretty well.

Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack $3.29
Dead Space 2 $4.99
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3, Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4, Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!, Defense Grid: Containment DLC $3.44
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon $3.74
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC $2.49
FEAR 2: Reborn DLC $3.99
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition, Abby alternate skin Steam Store and Retail Key, Kenji alternate skin Steam Store and Retail Key, Jack alternate skin Steam Store and Retail Key $2.26
PAYDAY 2: Ye Olde Hoxton's Christmas Carols 4-Pack $.34
Tomb Raider: Pistol Burst, Tomb Raider: Pistol Silencer, Tomb Raider: Animal Instinct, Tomb Raider: Headshot Reticle, Tomb Raider: Agility Skill $.95

Comparing the Encore prices against the prices I paid, only Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack is significantly cheaper. How To Survive, Tomb Raider DLC, and Dead Space 2 is actually more expensive during the encore.

So, what's on my list to play before the next Steam sale? Don't ask... it's terribly backlogged. Lets just say that Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition is installed on my computer.

I only bought 1 game- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition...was tempted to get Wolfenstein: The New Order and Shadow of Mordor but by the time I get around to playing them the price will have dropped even more

I picked up like 9 games
Of all the games I picked up Wasteland 2 was the best

Last edited:
My biggest Steam haul in quite a long time:
Castle Crashers 1.49 USD
Goat Simulator 6.69 USD
How to Survive 1.49 USD
Nation Red 2.49 USD
Gauntlet 9.99 USD
This War of Mine 14.99 USD
The Witcher 2 2.99 USD
BattleBlock Theater 1.49 USD
Wasteland 2 - Classic 19.99 USD
---------
Total: $61.61

This year I spent less than $10 so far, mainly because of a huge backlog of previous sale purchases...

Although before it's all over I'll probably grab wasteland 2.

My .02 on Dont Starve - it appears simple initially, but can be brutally unforgiving. I found it to be interesting and fun, but difficult. There is alot to explore and discover. Owners of the game will get the Dont Starve Together (multiplayer!) update for free, when it is released.

my job updating this thread is done :D see you guys for the summer sale!
Thanks again for your efforts - pretty much a holiday tradition now and one I enjoy.

Picked up Skyrim - Legendary and Ultimate General - Gettysburg.

Those, Planetary Annihilation, and XCOM complete pack - all for less than $40. DONE. Those 4 enough will keep me busy until I can pick up Wasteland 2 and Rome II for similar deals next year.

lots of "in library" tags on the sale items for me, nice big backlog that I added to by purchasing:

EU IV
Dark Souls II
Hard Reset
State of Decay

I bought Flight Simulator X Steam edition when it was 50% off a few days ago at 12.99. Now it's 80% off at 4.99

Am I out those few dollars or do they do some kinda of price match like B&M stores?

I bought Flight Simulator X Steam edition when it was 50% off a few days ago at 12.99. Now it's 80% off at 4.99

Am I out those few dollars or do they do some kinda of price match like B&M stores?

I believe you're out of luck. You could email them to verify.

It was $5 for the first 48 hours of the sale. Guess you missed it then. Sadly Steam has horrible customer service. You'll be lucky if you ever get a response. I would try in the hopes they have changed.

Lots of people get burned. That is why someone made a flowchart of how to buy stuff during these sales. Usually the last day, everything is on sale at as big or bigger discount.

It was $5 for the first 48 hours of the sale. Guess you missed it then. Sadly Steam has horrible customer service. You'll be lucky if you ever get a response. I would try in the hopes they have changed.

I just sent them an email. I got a quick automated response that says I'll get a response by email, hopefully I do :) $8 is a lot in this economy.

Back