Steam 2014 Winter sale is here! runs from December 18th to January 2nd.

Grim Dawn looks interesting even though it is still Early Access. It might be the first game I spring for so far this sale.

Oops... missed Black Flag for $10 :S

Also missed RUSH for -75% too, i even voted for it... Damn I suck at this steam sale....

I'm a huge pinball fan (I own a few machines) and *really* wanted to support this, but the physics/gameplay is terrible. Zen pinball 2 is much more playable.

Now if I could get those tables on the Zen engine I'd be in heaven. I really hope they update the pinball arcade engine, then I'll buy.

Physics aren't perfect, but it's far more realistic than Zen. Zen almost always let's me catch a ball at the very tip of the flipper and it just rolls back.

I like Zen (a lot), but I don't think the physics are as realistic either. For 30 bucks, I think it's a good deal. It's not a real table, but they're not bad. I'd rather have a real MM or Voltaire, but they're super expensive. It's hard to believe that a TOM that cost 500 or 750 new now runs several thousand for one in really nice condition.

That said, I may pick up a machine one of these days, but a possible move coming, it's not a good time. One nice thing about them is you can buy one and a few years later, you'll at least get what you paid for it (if you bought wisely).

What about Pinball FX2? That's what I got from a humble bundle sale but wondering if I should invest in a different platform from what you guys are saying?

He's saying he prefers FX2 (that's ZEN). They're completely different. If you like playing real tables, I think this is a good deal. If it doesn't matter to you, then stick with Zen. 20 or so tables for 15 bucks doesn't seem like a bad deal to me...especially since the first season pack has so many tables that I like.

Anyone know what is included in Black Flag's Digital Deluxe edition (besides the base game)?

Also, does this game run well?

Anyone know what is included in Black Flag's Digital Deluxe edition (besides the base game)?

I ran it on a pair of 680's and it ran fine with everything maxed. You'll have no problems with a pair of 970's. The Gold edition has the Season Pass and some extra DLC.

EXTRA CONTENT INCLUDED IN THE GOLD EDITION:

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!
Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack:
Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume
The Trove of Mystery Pack:
Iron Wheel & Astrolabe Relic
Pirates Bounty Pack:
German Rapiers & Compass Relic
Sacrificed Secrets Pack:
Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island
Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics
Hidden Mystery Pack:
Adventurous treasure-hunting mission on Mystery Island
Unlock Stede Bonnet's Ship, Costumes and other MP items
Black Island Pack:
Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Black Island
Unlock the Deadly Black Ship and Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols, Costume, Picture, and Title
Aveline Pack:
60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed® III Liberation
Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

The deluxe edition contains the dlc that's not in the season pass, including an hour long dlc with the main character from Liberation. I believe the only way to get this content is in the deluxe edition or the gold edition, the gold edition is only available in (north?) America and includes the deluxe edition and the season pass.

Outlast went up as a Daily Deal today for $4.99...I'm in

is the Whistleblower DLC worth it?

Nothing good today unless 3-D Mark is great for community choice not going to pay for a benchmarking software =)
Endless Legend looks interesting but afraid I won't like it like a lot of turn based games I own.

IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad is an option for the next community choice game. Vote for that. At 50% off I will likely pick that up.

I'll be picking up Saints Row IV when I get out of work, I had a blast with the last one and was just waiting for it to get below $5. I'm tempted by the GTA pack for $9.99 just for the replay value as well, but I'm afraid the games would just feel dated at this point.

Picked up Bastion and The Walking Dead Season 2 today.
So much games, so little time. #FirstWorldProblems

I was surprised looking at Rage, the user reviews on Steam are quite positive. I know that game has a horrible reputation around here.
It's tempting but I probably won't pick it up, as my backlog is way too big already.
Steam reviews are massively tilted towards positive.

Oops... missed Black Flag for $10 :S

Also missed RUSH for -75% too, i even voted for it... Damn I suck at this steam sale....

RUSH is currently $0.49. 90% off.

Also, fwiw, I liked RAGE and think it has too harsh of a rep around here. It wasn't the best shooter I ever played but it was far from the worst. Good gunplay, interesting AI, and some of the environments and enemies were creepy. Then again, considering id developed it, I'd have liked to have seen something a little closer to perfection. But it's good for what it is and definitely worth $5.

Steam reviews are massively tilted towards positive.

I think the positive tilt only applies to older games because the only way to review a game back then was to give it a recommendation which counts as a positive review now. Most people are not going back and changing those reviews back to negative.

I hope nobody paid $5.35 for "5 nights at Freddy's" because it's $1.69 at Humble Bumble (Steam code) ... their regular $4.99 price is less than the Steam sale price.

Five Nights at Freddy's is $2.49 on Steam. The second game is $5.35

RUSH is currently $0.49. 90% off.

Also, fwiw, I liked RAGE and think it has too harsh of a rep around here. It wasn't the best shooter I ever played but it was far from the worst. Good gunplay, interesting AI, and some of the environments and enemies were creepy. Then again, considering id developed it, I'd have liked to have seen something a little closer to perfection. But it's good for what it is and definitely worth $5.

Any idea how long it's going to last? When i checked 3 hours ago, rush was still only -40%.

Also picked up 3dMark for $5.

Bought Age of Empires 2 HD edition today. What a waste. The menus are pretty unresponsive at times and look horrible (They could have at least remade the freaking menu), plus the gameplay is just really lame now. It used to be fun :/. It's also a massive ripoff, considering they did almost nothing to it.

Bought Age of Empires 2 HD edition today. What a waste. The menus are pretty unresponsive at times and look horrible (They could have at least remade the freaking menu), plus the gameplay is just really lame now. It used to be fun :/. It's also a massive ripoff, considering they did almost nothing to it.

Rise of Nations is the game you want.

This sale has been a bust for me with $0 spent so far. I'm hoping for Sunless Sea and few of the other Indie titles in my wishlist to hit 50%+ off.

This sale has been a bust for me with $0 spent so far. I'm hoping for Sunless Sea and few of the other Indie titles in my wishlist to hit 50%+ off.

Same.

Waiting for something compelling under $5. Doesn't have to be a recent release....

I just noticed that they actually RAISED the price on DayZ recently by $5. Hilarious. The one game that is in perpetual development and will never move from an Alpha to a Beta, that they never put on sale other than that ridiculous 15% off resulting in a whopping $5 savings, and they actually go and raise the price on it.

Well that's one title removed from my wish list.

Finally added Portal 2 to my backlog. My son enjoyed the first one so he hopefully will have fun with this too. Four bucks.

I might have to buy Assetto Corsa (sim, not arcade) for $24.99 as I pretty much try every single driving game. Though I gave Grid Auto Sport a pass due to reviews. Recently I killed a bunch of time with an ancient classic "Moto Racer" from GOG for a buck, arcade blast from the past (ignore MR2 and MR3).

I haven't missed any deals on Farming Simulator 15 better than the current 20% off - $23.99, have I?

Looks like people voted for a $1 game that was on sale for 75 cents to go on sale for 50 cents. Wish IL-2 had won. :(

Back