Steam 2014 Thanksgiving / Exploration sale is here!

For those of on you the fence about SpinTires, don't think just press buy and thank me later..The MUD in the game is so awesome it is worth it just to see how real it is..I purposely find stupid new ways to get stuck in the MUD, just so I can see it flow over my helpless truck...It's like being a kid again..

Downloaded the demo as recommended before and then saw you commanding to purchase the game. Bought, installing at home now, will be home later to thank you.

Why are people buying games that aren't daily deals?
Because I'm on vacation and ready to play now. This may be hard for you to understand, but not everybody's situation is exactly the same as yours.

Last edited:
Picked up 7 days to die

Seen a Yahoo Answers question comparing it to RUST they said this one is better =)

Plus they have 2000+ people playing the game at any given time.

South Park Stick of Truth is in today's deal. You guys think it will be back cheaper? Or should I get it now?

South Park Stick of Truth is in today's deal. You guys think it will be back cheaper? Or should I get it now?

It's hard to know if it'll come back cheaper or when but $13.59 is the cheapest it's ever been and it's a daily deal so I'd say go for it.

During this sale that is the cheapest it will get but it will probably be that price or less around Christmas or New Years, whenever Steam does their next big sale. Might even be cheaper at some point if you shop around.

$15 for any recent COD game seems cheap.

Have not played any since MW2.

My question is, what exactly does the $15 include? They list so much stuff and HOPEFULLY that is all the expansions but they have other versions including the premium pass for a lot more than $15.

Edit: Hmm. Even though COD is popular, they have way too many releases and spread their popularity through many games. I checked the Steam stats page which shows the real time number of players in those games. There are plenty of COD games up there but Ghost is not even listed. Must have been the least popular release of COD being only one year old.

Last edited:
I'm been very interested in Dragon Age Inquisition but having never played any of the Dragon Age games I've been holding off. Would Origins be a good place to start? Since it's only $4.99 it's not a big deal if I don't end up liking it and if I do it should hold me over until a deal on Inquisition pops up.

Origins is the first game so it is an excellent place to start. I'm looking to pick up dragon age 2 soon as I only ever played origins.

I'm been very interested in Dragon Age Inquisition but having never played any of the Dragon Age games I've been holding off. Would Origins be a good place to start? Since it's only $4.99 it's not a big deal if I don't end up liking it and if I do it should hold me over until a deal on Inquisition pops up.

The story in inquisition makes heavy reference to both DA 1& 2 so I'd recommend plaything through them both. Is it necessary though? Not really. If you don't want to play through them you can always use the dragon age keep website to shape the world and characters to your liking.

Origins is fantastic, can't go wrong for that price.

Picked up The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC for $1.69 and State of Decay for $4.99.

They have Anno 2070 for $7.50... trying to decide. I like sim city and civilization type of games. Hmmm....

7 days to die and/or how to survive?

I do like survival and crafting, not so much into zombies but I could probably tolerate their existance. What do you suggest? Either or both?

Origins is a great game but I suggest the ultimate edition so you have all of the doc. DA2 was not the same deep RPG but it was on ok game... just very limited in scope after DAO...

I'm going to get DAI soon but have other things to get done so no time.

Make sure for DAO you check the for all of the bonus items you get if you purchased the ultimate, there's a black market or some location you go to get them.

Have fun, it's a 100 plus hour game! :cool:

waiting for the Price on Divinity Original Sin to be updated if it's 25.00 or lower I'll get it.
damn it's 26.00 =) not sure if it's worth it let alone the time to play it.
Kinda eyeing up ARMA III been on the fence for that game forever.

Last edited:
waiting for the Price on Divinity Original Sin to be updated if it's 25.00 or lower I'll get it.

I just broke my rule of no games on Steam over $5 unless I plan on playing it right away.

Papers, Please
Resident Evil 6
Legend of Grimrock 2
Divinity: Original Sin

All for under $60 though!

Divinity kinda needs to be 50% off tbh... : / oh well I'm just gonna wait til the Christmas sale.

They have Anno 2070 for $7.50... trying to decide. I like sim city and civilization type of games. Hmmm....

3 machine install limit kept that one out of my library. No need for that junk on Steam.

3 machine install limit kept that one out of my library. No need for that junk on Steam.

Didn't know that thing still existed... thought games being tied to your account would have given you freedom to install the game as many times as you want as long as you only play it on 1 computer...

I'm thinking about getting Gauntlet for myself and my wife to play co-op. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

Her favorite game right now is Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (on PS2). Does this have the same kind of feel, or is it much more like Diablo? She hates Diablo. Don't ask me why.

Gauntlet is much more a throwback to the top-down arcade style of the original. I bought it at release and a copy for my brother and we got 10-12 hours out of it before burning out.

Fun @ $10 or less, I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

I'm thinking about getting Gauntlet for myself and my wife to play co-op. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

Her favorite game right now is Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (on PS2). Does this have the same kind of feel, or is it much more like Diablo? She hates Diablo. Don't ask me why.

If you liked Gauntlet in the Arcade (retro and next gen alike) and Smash TV, you'll enjoy the new Gauntlet. It has the perfect difficulty curve in my opinion. I put in 20 hours, half of it with a friend, being losing interest.

Back