Steam 2013 Winter sale is here! runs from December 19th to January 2nd.

Damn, Rise of Venice was less than $3 for a minute and I missed it :(

ROTT @ $2.99 is a good deal if that's your thing. Hopefully tomorrow's sales are better....

Amazon has stuff like Batman Origins and Injustice for $20. Steam has stuff like COD: Ghosts for $40. SMH.

Wow, Steam's download speeds are garbage compared to Origin.

Steam: 13 MB/S
Origin: 100 MB/S

That's because everyone is downloading new stuff right now. One user claimed 700mbps (87.5MB/s) from steam. I am wondering if you are actually talking MB/s or Mb/s.
link for proof

Those of you who didn't vote for MirrorMoon last round deserve to be punched in the face.

Also, happy holidays!

It's a holiday sale, Steam's server's are getting slammed.

Looks like Origin is a relative ghost-town :p

Pretty sure that comment was just a way to show off his download speeds.

Also, anyone who guys Gnomoria for $2 should be arrested for theft. I have 80+ hours in that game and it's not even finished.

Last edited:
Those of you who didn't vote for MirrorMoon last round deserve to be punched in the face.

I voted for Brothers it lost, voted for MirrorMoon and it lost. Just voted for KRZ but I'm not holding my breath.

I voted for Brothers it lost, voted for MirrorMoon and it lost. Just voted for KRZ but I'm not holding my breath.

Well you are in luck I also voted for KRZ so you at lease know you are not the only one.

Any thoughts on State of Decay from people that have played it a lot? I don't want first impressions, only seasoned gamers who are familiar with the current state of the game.

edit: And Dishonored GOTY is easily best of those, by far. Others kinda meh, but Bioshock over Max Payne if you like narrative and RPG, Max Payne if you like gun violence and bullet time hard boiled cop stories that pretend to be more clever than they are.

If you could choose one or maybe two which would it be?

$14.99 Bioshock 1, 2 and 3 triple pack
http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-Triple-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00DOD0TZG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

$13.59 Steam Dishonored GOTY

$6.99 Max Payne 1, 2, 3 plus 3 Seas Pass
http://www.amazon.com/Payne-Complete-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00G3K2JEG

I'll take the BioShock triple pack over Dishonored...story based gameplay wins...plus I always thought DisHonored was a bit overrated...good game but not as great as a lot of people seem to think

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Any thoughts on State of Decay from people that have played it a lot? I don't want first impressions, only seasoned gamers who are familiar with the current state of the game.

It's worth $10. It's a console port, but they have continued to update it after release. It's a zombie game with a strategy/sim element to it. If you get bored with the zombies, the simulation aspect may hold your attention, or vice versa. It also has some light RPG elements mixed in (skills, etc.).

The fact that I've been exclusively playing Rogue Legacy for the past few days is starting to make me wonder why I bothered with a $2.Xk+ computer.

Anyway third boss finally down, now on to the land of darkness... which I'm horribly underprepared for (level 75...).

I'll take the BioShock triple pack over Dishonored...story based gameplay wins...plus I always thought DisHonored was a bit overrated...good game but not as great as a lot of people seem to think

... What? Since when was Dishonored not story based? o_0

If you could choose one or maybe two which would it be?

$14.99 Bioshock 1, 2 and 3 triple pack
http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-Triple-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00DOD0TZG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

$13.59 Steam Dishonored GOTY

$6.99 Max Payne 1, 2, 3 plus 3 Seas Pass
http://www.amazon.com/Payne-Complete-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00G3K2JEG

Bioshock and MaxPayne.
If you like third person, MaxPayne 3 alone is worth 7 bucks.
Bioshock 1 and Infinate are very good.
Dishonored is poor in Eyefinity, so I ditched it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ELP9aoc.jpg

This is my haul, so far. I have most of what I wanted from recent sales.

I've purchased more elsewhere (but still a drop in the bucket compared to years past).
[Steam]
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $1.39
3DMark Advanced $2.49
DisplayFusion $5.99
Rise of the Triad 4 pack $9 (1 for me, 1 for a friend)

[elsewhere]
All the DLC for The Pit $2 (Gamersgate)
CS: GO $3 (GMG)
Monaco $2.99 (Humble Bundle store - for a friend)
MK Kollection $2 (GMG)

Steam sales have been pretty meh other than software (3DMark, DisplayFusion).
Was going to get BL2 GOTY until it doubled in price when they went from 75% off to 50%. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you like the Track Mania 2 games they have all 3 for $9.99 on flash sale right now

Bought State of Decay for my wife and watched her play for a while. Looks like good quality fun if you like console style open world "GTA + Dead Island" gameplay with some survival/building/management elements thrown in. I have to say I'm intrigued and would buy it for myself as well if it supported surround. No "crap port" problems observed whatsoever so far and the game itself is genuinely fun if you like the genre.

I got that one way way back on a sale. It's too bad the game doesn't feature a "slow down" training mode, can't recommend it even at $0.30

Can't recommend it because you suck at it and have no eye/hand coordination? :confused:

I think its a great game, definitely a must buy at 29 cents!

Can't recommend it because you suck at it and have no eye/hand coordination? :confused:

I think its a great game, definitely a must buy at 29 cents!

What do you use for input? Maybe it's my laptop keyboard.

At least today's flash sale got me to bite...got the rest of the Pinball FX2 tables I needed.

I'm hoping Asetto Corsa goes back on sale. I missed it when it was a daily deal.

hopefully they have decent games today! COD isn't bad but I own the thing already

Last edited:
Well today's deals seem extremely lackluster or are the prices messed up? Just 50% off?

Payday 2 and numerous others have been cheaper before...

Last year at this time I think I threw my wallet at Steam on a lot of games. This year there are no deals and your "extremely lackluster" description hits the nail on the head.

Anyone else having issues logging into the Steam web portal like invalid password? Also seeing random pages like support and login erring out. Guessing they might be experiencing overload with the sale.

Back