Steam 2013 Winter sale is here! runs from December 19th to January 2nd.

Ahh fuck it only need one snowglobe stupid shit thing balls.

Anyone have an extra Snowglobe #1?

If you are one of those trading types or need one yourself I have duplicates of:
#2, #5, #6, #7, #8 and #10

I think I have a #1, what is it of? I'll send it to you when I get home tonight if I have it.

so you have to vote in each community vote every day in order to get all the snow globes?...or is Steam forcing you to trade/sell?

so you have to vote in each community vote every day in order to get all the snow globes?...or is Steam forcing you to trade/sell?

Think it was from that and for every $10 you spent you got one.

Also got it, offer is still there if anyone needs globess.

Last edited:
Think it was from that and for every $10 you spent you got one.

Also got it, offer is still there if anyone needs globess.

i have some dupes and needs some others. dont care about leveling up but id like to get the badge (even though i spent like $4 on games this sale). i am at work though, can you trade via the steam app? if so send me a friend request: steamID ekuest, display name Slaughtermelon.

i have some dupes and needs some others. dont care about leveling up but id like to get the badge (even though i spent like $4 on games this sale). i am at work though, can you trade via the steam app? if so send me a friend request: steamID ekuest, display name Slaughtermelon.

I think, I will send you a request in a bit, about to run to a clients office to quote a project.

I voted in every vote and ended up with like 12 or 13 cards I think. They are still forcing you to trade though unless you are really lucky and dont get and duplicates. Its still nice that even if you dont buy anything you are still able to get enough cards though.

I find it annoying that AFAIK I voted at every vote, and yet on the last day they turned it off when I was 2/3 instead of just giving us another card to end it on after voting at all the last day. It's a small thing, but still annoying.

They also sent me a couple 50% Crusader King II (feb 1), and a 20% Velocity Ultra (feb 1) if anyone wants em.

I ended up just needing #1 and #3. I have various other card drops from games if someone is interested in trading. Or if someone has an extra 1 or 3 to offer it would be much appreciated. My steam name is ravx25. It's not much, but I can even trade Just Cause if someone has those two.

Cheers and Thanks again for the thread Sickb0y!

Enjoy your gaming in the new year everyone.

what the fucking fuck

I was impressed... until I saw he was from Japan. Then the impressiveness level was decreased :D.

Snowglobes: I need # 8 and # 4. I have spares of # 3,7 & 10. Name is DarkLegacy but will show up as Cap'n Crunch.

Convinced. Bought eight quality games on Amazon for the price of one console game. Sold off my PS4 today. Prefer buying through Amazon over Steam since it's not automatically tied to your account giving you the flexibility to gift.

Convinced. Bought eight quality games on Amazon for the price of one console game. Sold off my PS4 today. Prefer buying through Amazon over Steam since it's not automatically tied to your account giving you the flexibility to gift.

You can buy gifts on Steam just as easy. It just adds a copy of the game to your inventory and you can gift it to someone or add it to you account later if you wish.

what the fucking fuck

Yeah look at his foil snow globe level. Level 100! Those are selling for like $1.50 each card and there's 10. So around 1500, for a fucking badge to get to that level, LOL.

Yep, get a PS4 controller for your HTPC and use steam in big picture mode.

I just bought one yesterday (just the controller, I don't have a PS4) and got it working over bluetooth on my HTPC in about 10 minutes.

It's pretty sweet I must admit.

You can buy gifts on Steam just as easy. It just adds a copy of the game to your inventory and you can gift it to someone or add it to you account later if you wish.

But first copy is automatically tied to your account and you can't gift it. Amazon doesn't have that issue.

Yeah look at his foil snow globe level. Level 100! Those are selling for like $1.50 each card and there's 10. So around 1500, for a fucking badge to get to that level, LOL.

cards are only going for like 0.15-0.17'ish cents, no where near 1.50 each.

But first copy is automatically tied to your account and you can't gift it. Amazon doesn't have that issue.

No sir. I just added a game to my cart that I don't already own, and it gave me the option to purchase for myself or as a gift.

No sir. I just added a game to my cart that I don't already own, and it gave me the option to purchase for myself or as a gift.

Thanks for the info. Have to go back and reread the policies and restrictions.

Extra copies are not given in most cases.
Only titles purchased in special promotions as outlined below are eligible for giftable extra copies

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Have to go back and reread the policies and restrictions.

that means that if you already have 3 tomb raider games, and you buy the pack that has like 10 tomb raider games, you wont get gift copies of those 3. same thing will happen if you buy it on amazon since it will still be one code for the whole pack. all that's saying is you cant break up packaged deals. you can still buy any game or any pack and gift the whole thing or keep it in your account to gift/activate later whether you buy it from steam, amazon, or some other 3rd party seller. all steam codes act the same once put into steam.

Op here I'm officially done with this thread see you guys for the 2014 Steam Summer seal! :D

Thanks for another Steam sale thread. It has become a bit of a tradition around here and something I enjoy.

Thank you for your effort. Hope you had a safe and happy holidays.

Yea it seems like Steam is down again...Just when I was looking to purchase something. This is the first year where I did not buy anything. There were good deals but my backlog is ridiculous. Today is the last day to give in to impulse temptation.

Steam has been either barely up or unreachable all evening. Rumors are that it is being DDOSed. Tough luck for anyone who wanted to actually do anything with all those snow globes on the last day they are valid.

Back