Steam 2013 Thanksgiving sale is here! runs from November 27 to December 3

I have to recommend Dishonored. I got it on the last big sale they had and it was an absolute steal. Excellent game, much better than a lot of the trash out there.
one of the few games that I could not get enough of. I wish they would not screw us on the dlc sale prices though as it was actually cheaper during the summer sale.

one of the few games that I could not get enough of. I wish they would not screw us on the dlc sale prices though as it was actually cheaper during the summer sale.

Yep, I got it with two DLC, but I think I bought the Witches DLC full price. I didn't really care, because it's an excellent game and it's one of the few games where the DLC is actually VERY worth it. As in, it's not like Borderlands 2, or some other games that just nickel and dime you. Each DLC (aside from the challenges one) is a full campaign with voice acting and everything. Very well thought out and everything. It's one of the few games that actually made me respect DLC as something more than a way for companies to get fatter wallets.

crazy not to get Bioshock Infinite for that price.

I keep telling myself that, but I've only played the original and I struggled to get through it. it just didn't hold my attention, I struggled to get into it. would you say this one is much more gripping than the original?

Last edited:
I keep telling myself that, but I've only played the original and I struggled to get through it. it just didn't hold my attention, I struggled to get into it. would you say this one is much more gripping than the original?
I liked it a little more than 1 or 2 but I cant guarantee you will.

Someone pick up State of Decay and tell me if it's worth it. :D

I'm VERY curious about this one. Reviews are positive, saying that despite some technical issues, this title at $20 (normal price) gives you much more of an experience than many $60 games. You must make choices and death is permanent, even if those characters were fully voiced and were intended to last until the end of the game. Sounds very, very interesting and I can't believe that no one is talking about it.

You guys are disappointing me this year. I seem to recall much more chatter and buzz about these games during previous sales. Maybe everybody is still comatose from their turkey and gravy binges! :p

Someone pick up State of Decay and tell me if it's worth it. :D

I'm VERY curious about this one. Reviews are positive, saying that despite some technical issues, this title at $20 (normal price) gives you much more of an experience than many $60 games. You must make choices and death is permanent, even if those characters were fully voiced and were intended to last until the end of the game. Sounds very, very interesting and I can't believe that no one is talking about it.

You guys are disappointing me this year. I seem to recall much more chatter and buzz about these games during previous sales. Maybe everybody is still comatose from their turkey and gravy binges! :p

caught my eye as well...

Bioshock Infinite a waste of money at any price unless you just have to have "one more" bullshit 10-year-old consolized FPS slog with a few whiz bang graphics and modern touches to pretend its worth 50 bucks. A dressed up pig, that one.

Dishonored DLC needs to be cheaper. Game is limited and so is the DLC. Don't get me wrong, game is very solid and worth buying on sale, but it's not at all original, new, or replayable. Not marking off the DLC more is an insult when it's so short and expensive for what you're getting.

edit: State of Decay caught my eye as well but after significant effort I've decided the "good buzz" is fake bullshit posted by the developers. Read a bit on metacritic, Amazon, et al, and I think you will realize the same. :(

Bioshock Infinite a waste of money at any price unless you just have to have "one more" bullshit 10-year-old consolized FPS slog with a few whiz bang graphics and modern touches to pretend its worth 50 bucks. A dressed up pig, that one.

Jeez, I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it that way!

Many people raved about it after paying full price. I think at $10, it's a pretty safe bet and there are worse buys. At $50 it might be a dressed up pig, but I don't think it's fair to say that it's a waste of money at any price. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though; I certainly don't expect everyone to enjoy the same games equally.

Dishonored DLC needs to be cheaper. Game is limited and so is the DLC. Don't get me wrong, game is very solid and worth buying on sale, but it's not at all original, new, or replayable. Not marking off the DLC more is an insult when it's so short and expensive for what you're getting.

I don't really disagree with any of this and I'd like to see it cheaper too, but I'm just glad that this is some DLC worth getting. After looking at some of the DLC trash that was offered with Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row III/IV, and even Just Cause 2, this is some quality stuff that's worth paying for.

edit: State of Decay caught my eye as well but after significant effort I've decided the "good buzz" is fake bullshit posted by the developers. Read a bit on metacritic, Amazon, et al, and I think you will realize the same.

Mmmm....maybe. Some good user reviews on metacritic, and many of the complaints were posted when the game was still being fixed (it was an Early Access game). I couldn't find it on Amazon, but I'm definitely on the fence. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig for [H]...

Mmmm....maybe. Some good user reviews on metacritic, and many of the complaints were posted when the game was still being fixed (it was an Early Access game). I couldn't find it on Amazon, but I'm definitely on the fence. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig for [H]...

You wouldn't be. Multiple H users have confirmed it's still far from finished. At $10 it's a much better buy than $20, but it's a game that gets pretty monotonous fast.

It IS an early access game, they just took the sign down. The complaints about the early access go right up until a few days ago meaning they just took down the sign, but even a cursory check on the forums reveals mouse and KB support was only just added recently. Everyone I know personally who has played the game says not to touch it, it's a bullshit B console port with very little effort and way too much fake hype.

edit: State of Decay caught my eye as well but after significant effort I've decided the "good buzz" is fake bullshit posted by the developers. Read a bit on metacritic, Amazon, et al, and I think you will realize the same. :(

whoa whoa whoa, calm down dude. I actually enjoyed the game. Consoles are more a profitable business model than having PC only. Not everyone has a 10 bajillion hertz processor with 100 gb of ram and 1,000 terabytes of hard drive space.

whoa whoa whoa, calm down dude. I actually enjoyed the game. Consoles are more a profitable business model than having PC only. Not everyone has a 10 bajillion hertz processor with 100 gb of ram and 1,000 terabytes of hard drive space.

Calm down because I said a game you liked was a total waste of time? And that's your response by way of argument? Maybe you're looking for a place called oftOCP. Moving along!

It IS an early access game, they just took the sign down. The complaints about the early access go right up until a few days ago meaning they just took down the sign, but even a cursory check on the forums reveals mouse and KB support was only just added recently. Everyone I know personally who has played the game says not to touch it, it's a bullshit B console port with very little effort and way too much fake hype.

damn. trailer looked fun.

anxious to see what other gems pop up. so far I've picked up Dead Island, Walking Dead and CS:GO all for around the 5.00 mark.

Yeah, after looking again the discount on the Dishonored DLC is a slap in the face. So I already have the base game...but it would be cheaper for me to re-buy the GOTY edition with the DLC than to just add the DLC? That's idiotic. If you don't own Dishonored, the GOTY version for $10 from Gamefly is a no-brainer. I guess those of us just wanting the DLC are screwed for now unless we want to purchase the game again.

And knowing that stuff happens in State of Decay even when you're not playing really has my attention. Check this out:

That's right--the world of State of Decay keeps going even if you're not in it. You're never told about the importance of items like coffee, and you're never warned that prolonged absence from the game can leave the morale of your home base so low that key non-player characters start committing suicide out of despair.

:eek:

edit: OK, a couple of you guys are advising to steer clear of this one and giving reasons why. I'll definitely think about this one some more before plunking down the $10. It just seemed to have some great ideas and mechanics in it that are innovative...I thought that it might be a fresh change of pace. Sounds like if it was finished and fixed, it could be an awesome experience.

damn.. i successfully resisted the 75% off x-com enemy unknown yesterday, only to have them bring it back another day! im pretty sure itll sit unplayed (i just started batman AA a few weeks ago, for example). perhaps i should just wait for a GOTY edition?

spelunky in the cart too, hearing too much good to pass...

xcom is outstanding. playing enemy within now. I think I had almost 70hrs into unknown, just replaying in iron man, etc.

Bullshit about State of Decay, it's a damn good game and a lot of the negative reviews came from the PC elitist that blasted the game when it was in EARLY ACCESS and didn't have pc mouse/kb controls and they got all upset at the time.

The game itself is fun and different from other zombie games. It's more focused on a group and surviving together, you have to go out and find supplies (food, ammo, new places to set up camp, etc) meanwhile no one is safe and you can die and still continue the game (as someone else from your camp).

I thought it was far ahead one of the better zombie games out there and a blast to play, the only downside is there's no multiplayer but that doesn't make it a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

If you like zombie games or survival games then it's the best there is for both together.

xcom is outstanding. playing enemy within now. I think I had almost 70hrs into unknown, just replaying in iron man, etc.

Enemy Within is 19.99 on Amazon but looks like physical copy only... hope to see digital/steam drop during this sale. I was a pre-orderer or EU, didn't have time for this one and will wait for a sale.

Bullshit about State of Decay, it's a damn good game and a lot of the negative reviews came from the PC elitist that blasted the game when it was in EARLY ACCESS and didn't have pc mouse/kb controls and they got all upset at the time.

The game itself is fun and different from other zombie games. It's more focused on a group and surviving together, you have to go out and find supplies (food, ammo, new places to set up camp, etc) meanwhile no one is safe and you can die and still continue the game (as someone else from your camp).

I thought it was far ahead one of the better zombie games out there and a blast to play, the only downside is there's no multiplayer but that doesn't make it a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

If you like zombie games or survival games then it's the best there is for both together.

Enemy Within is 19.99 on Amazon but looks like physical copy only... hope to see digital/steam drop during this sale. I was a pre-orderer or EU, didn't have time for this one and will wait for a sale.

I paid 22.50 for digital steam copy from GMG after coupon.

lol right? i'm really tempted to just check it out for 10.00. my backlog is inflating quickly though.

Do you guys suggest Spelunky? I enjoy SP rogue-like games so it sounds enticing.

What are the chances of there being a Bioshock Infinite GOTY/Ultimate edition with all of the DLC later...considering they never did that for Bioshock 2 even though it had the Minerva's Den DLC?

I just hate that the DLC isn't discounted right now, and it would be my luck to buy the game + DLC and then they release another add-on later that is another purchase but bundled with a GOTY version of the game.

Do you guys suggest Spelunky? I enjoy SP rogue-like games so it sounds enticing.

It's in my cart right now. It has been a while since I've heard much about the game. Not sure why I didn't check it out earlier, but after reading the description (destructible environments, etc.) it sounds like it could be very fun.

damn. trailer looked fun.

anxious to see what other gems pop up. so far I've picked up Dead Island, Walking Dead and CS:GO all for around the 5.00 mark.

Requiem doesn't know shit about state of decay. It is one of the best zombie games of the last few years. It doesn't get old fast and has quite a bit of replayability. The game is considerably better than dead island and at $10 the game is very much worth it.

Requiem doesn't know shit about state of decay. It is one of the best zombie games of the last few years. It doesn't get old fast and has quite a bit of replayability. The game is considerably better than dead island and at $10 the game is very much worth it.

LOL. If there's one thing I've learned today, it's that different people have wildly different opinions about the game. From the other Steam sale thread:

MavericK96 said:
Be warned, although there are mouse/keyboard controls in the game now, the mouse control sucks bad due to massive, unchangeable mouse acceleration.

They are supposed to fix it in the next patch, but they've been talking about it for several patches now and it still isn't done. Haven't touched the game since some initial play with the controller (which sadly is the best option right now, even though it sucks too for aiming).

big_aug said:
I picked it up on total impulse. I hope it's good lol

big_aug said:
Do not buy State of Decay. You can't swap equipment amongst characters in the field. You can't save whenever you want. The inventory problem is fucking annoying to the max.

MavericK96 said:
Those aren't really the things I would say makes State of Decay annoying. More like the persistent world when you're not playing wasting all your progress and resources, and the shitty mouse control. At least there is a mod for the former.

Though I have to admit, the save system is bullshit. The only way to force a save is to switch characters, which isn't always an option because of another annoyance; characters will stay at random places away from home waiting for you to interact with them about missions, whether you want to do them or not. Never mind that you have radios...no, you have to go to whether they are and fucking talk to them.

MetalX said:
Actually, State of Decay is a great game.

big_aug said:
Different strokes I guess. I played it a little while and horribly regret it. I wish I had read about it.

Maybe I'll force myself to play it a bit longer and see if it gets any better. The inventory system alone makes me want to uninstall it though lol

MetalX said:
Keep in mind that it is a console port, and a low-budget one at that. Definitely not for everybody, though. I think I got around 30 hours out of it before I got bored.

For $5 it'd be an insta-buy for me; at $10 I'm thinking because half the people say it's broken and frustrating and the other half rave about how great it is.

As above, now it's in my steam wish list.... something to think about at 75%

for 9.99 I finally bit. haven't bought any hardware this black Friday, might as well over stock my backlog.

Meh it isn't a competitive fps so never saw the big deal about the lack of mouse kb inputs. The save system and inventory swapping are part of the allure. You can't just save then try something. Your choices affect the landscape of the game so none of this quick save then see if a 2x4 can hold off a zombie horde. Your load outs determine your success in the field.

I found the game challenging, thoughtful, and combat fun and different. The story is decent, the characters are all different and unique, the missions made sense without being too linear, combat can be slow or fast paced depending on loadouts, and I liked the fact I could play for 30 minutes or so and accomplish something.

I understand that the game may not be what some people are looking for but I don't sit here and try and convince people to not buy games because I'm a metacritic warrior.

Is Dishonored GOTY worth it? I already have a huge backlog so I'm thinking of waiting till it hits 10 bucks.

Is Dishonored GOTY worth it? I already have a huge backlog so I'm thinking of waiting till it hits 10 bucks.
its worth it and its already $10.87 at gamefly

the DLC is great in that game.

go here http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-dishonored-game-of-the-year-edition/5006845

and use GFDNOV20 code making it $10.87 for the GOTY edition with everything.

that said they are shafting those of us that already bought the game by only giving a 33% discount for dlc. that is pretty shitty and disrespectful of them.

its worth it and its already $10.87 at gamefly

that said they are shafting those of us that already bought the game by only giving a 33% discount for dlc. that is pretty shitty and disrespectful of them.

Thanks man, I bit :D

What makes it so good? I keep seeing it and wanting to buy it because of the metascore, but the description labels it as a "document thriller" and the screenshots just make it seem...not that exciting. :p Sell me on it!

Just a reminder for anyone looking to purchase Don't Starve: I bought the 2-pack and have one to sell/trade.

Papers Please.....

It really makes you think. To win, you sort of have to reconize patterns, but the story behind it is just interesting. And I think it shows how one person can really change a lot. The morality in the decisions you make is really quite spectacular. It's pretty crazy, how they made the game interesting.

The gameplay is probably for people who liked WTF or Work Time Fun. Though, I just find it enjoyable trying to fiure out who's able to get in legally or who's trying to get in with fake documents. I'm on like day 30, which I'm guessing is either half the game, or 1/5 of the game. Unsure right now.

And aparently 20 endings, though 9 and 10, the ones I got are pretty similar.

Back