Steam 2013 Thanksgiving sale is here! runs from November 27 to December 3

Is Farcry3 the cheapest it's gonna get or could a flash sale make it cheaper before the 3rd?
ALWAYS wait for a daily deal and if does not happen then buy on the last day. now to go hang out on Steam forums for a few days and look at the threads of people complaining that the game they just bought is on sale for even cheaper. lol

Well I picked up Outlast and Antichamber; that's likely the only damage for today. Rogue Legacy seems like a neat concept but I don't know if I'd get into it. As a hardcore PC gamer, I realize that I should have Skyrim in my collection, but I just can't devote that amount of time to a game right now or in the foreseeable future.

I'd like to pick up some of the DLC for Sleeping Dogs, but I hate supporting DLC. Especially that type of DLC, where much of it is just new outfits and weapons. Looks like there's only a few that really add any desirable content, and by the time you pick those up you might as well get the bundle, ugh.

cannondale06 said:
ALWAYS wait for a daily deal and if does not happen then buy on the last day. now to go hang out on this forum for a few days and look at the threads of people complaining that the game they just bought is on sale for even cheaper. lol

Fixed. ;)

guys quick should i buy skyrim or skryim legendary edition? are the expansions really worth it?

bought:

skyrim legendary edition
crysis 2
outlast
and bioshock infinite from the other thread.

guys quick should i buy skyrim or skryim legendary edition? are the expansions really worth it?

I would say go ahead and grab the legendary edition, because I've yet to see the DLC drop below 50% off and it probably won't until Bethesda launches their crappy MMO...

Had a $20 steam gift card laying around so I went ahead and bit for the Skyrim: Legendary Edition. Can't wait to dig into this massive game.

ALWAYS wait for a daily deal and if does not happen then buy on the last day. now to go hang out on Steam forums for a few days and look at the threads of people complaining that the game they just bought is on sale for even cheaper. lol

I agree. If its a flash sale or daily deal then its likely the lowest its gonna get so buy it, otherwise wait until the last day. If you miss a flash/daily they sometimes bring them back for the last day.

Only risk I would take is if its 75% or more off already. Upside if what you want isn't on sale now is the Winter sale starts in less than a month.

I'm tempted on Company of Heroes 2 at $19.99 but I'll wait until the last day to see if it goes lower. Amazon has some pretty good deals already with Steam activation, better than Steam itself like for Civ5 ($20 for Gold + New World) and Xcom EU.

Hmm, so no mention of Gone Home. It's a flash sale for a few more hours at 75% off and has an 86 metascore. 9/10 on Destructoid. It's a short game so I doubt I'd pay $20, but apparently if you grew up in the 90s it's powerful and emotional and makes you think about it long after the game is over. I'm going to give it a shot. This and The Stanley Parable look interesting to me; they seem like good games when you want to take a break from the action, throw on a pair of headphones and just chill.

Hmm, so no mention of Gone Home. It's a flash sale for a few more hours at 75% off and has an 86 metascore. 9/10 on Destructoid. It's a short game so I doubt I'd pay $20, but apparently if you grew up in the 90s it's powerful and emotional and makes you think about it long after the game is over. I'm going to give it a shot. This and The Stanley Parable look interesting to me; they seem like good games when you want to take a break from the action, throw on a pair of headphones and just chill.

Both games you mentions are fresh out-of-the-box thinking forward entertainment pieces! HOW DARE you; to redeem your ridiculous suggestions you must recommend COD8, assassin's creed 6, and league of legends to the next 10,000 people you meet. GL and may God have mercy on your non conformist soul

Picked up Gone Home as well, never got around to it and heard mostly good things about it if you aren't expecting some high octane fps game.

Both games you mentions are fresh out-of-the-box thinking forward entertainment pieces! HOW DARE you; to redeem your ridiculous suggestions you must recommend COD8, assassin's creed 6, and league of legends to the next 10,000 people you meet. GL and may God have mercy on your non conformist soul

I know; how dare I play something other than the norm that might actually be good and fresh and affect me emotionally and leave me thinking after I exit the game! You hush your mouth right now; else I might have to start recommending other similar games like One Late Night! Which is free, btw.

You know, I'm starting to get more into these smaller "indie" games and find myself really enjoying some of them. I just finished Mark of the Ninja and LIMBO, which were excellent. NightSky was an extremely relaxing game. I have my sights set on Don't Starve, The Swapper, and Kentucky Route Zero whenever they go on sale for 50%+. Some of these lesser-known games are so refreshing because they are original and a nice change of pace from the games you mentioned.

I know; how dare I play something other than the norm that might actually be good and fresh and affect me emotionally and leave me thinking after I exit the game! You hush your mouth right now; else I might have to start recommending other similar games like One Late Night! Which is free, btw.

You know, I'm starting to get more into these smaller "indie" games and find myself really enjoying some of them. I just finished Mark of the Ninja and LIMBO, which were excellent. NightSky was an extremely relaxing game. I have my sights set on Don't Starve, The Swapper, and Kentucky Route Zero whenever they go on sale for 50%+. Some of these lesser-known games are so refreshing because they are original and a nice change of pace from the games you mentioned.

Had a hard time to keep interested in Mark of the Ninja.

I loved Hotline Miami and Super House of the Dead Ninja though :)

Some other indie titles I got on back log:
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Guacamelee!
La-Mulana
Retro City Rampage
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hell Yeah!

I've had my eyes on
Mercenary Kings and Mutant Mudds Deluxe to hit a good price.

EDIT: Broke down and purchased Rise of the Triad and Portal 2 for $10.08, so add that to Enslaved I bought from Amazon earlier for $9.99. Damn online purchases!

Had a hard time to keep interested in Mark of the Ninja.

I loved Hotline Miami and Super House of the Dead Ninja though :)

Some other indie titles I got on back log:
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Guacamelee!
La-Mulana
Retro City Rampage
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hell Yeah!

I've had my eyes on
Mercenary Kings and Mutant Mudds Deluxe to hit a good price.

EDIT: Broke down and purchased Rise of the Triad and Portal 2 for $10.08, so add that to Enslaved I bought from Amazon earlier for $9.99. Damn online purchases!

Mark of the Ninja was extremely well done. I liked the 2D take on stealth and the mood/art style of the whole game. I really like what I've seen of Hotline Miami so far; even though it's difficult the style of the game is very appealing. Retro City Rampage is on my list of need-to-get games, so agreed there! I saw Guacamelee a while back and it looked cool; thanks for reminding me. I have a feeling that La-Mulana is going to be a must-have for me because it looks very Indiana Jones-ish, and I freaking love Indiana Jones.

It's pretty apparent that you enjoy 2D action games. So I've gotta ask, are any of these on your radar (or do you own them?):

Gunpoint
Eversion
Capsized
Waking Mars
Papers, Please
Dust: An Elysian Tail (also Trine and Trine 2)
Super Meat Boy
Flashback
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Warp

Disclaimer: not all games are strictly 2D, but my recommended games algorithm is still in progress.

I agree. If its a flash sale or daily deal then its likely the lowest its gonna get so buy it, otherwise wait until the last day. If you miss a flash/daily they sometimes bring them back for the last day.

Only risk I would take is if its 75% or more off already. Upside if what you want isn't on sale now is the Winter sale starts in less than a month.

I'm tempted on Company of Heroes 2 at $19.99 but I'll wait until the last day to see if it goes lower. Amazon has some pretty good deals already with Steam activation, better than Steam itself like for Civ5 ($20 for Gold + New World) and Xcom EU.

If you know anybody on steam that has COH2 you can get them to gift you the 40% off coupon, it stacks with the 50% off to bring it down to $12.99. I already gave mine away though. Also i would get as many commanders as you can it really does change your strategies

Mark of the Ninja was extremely well done. I liked the 2D take on stealth and the mood/art style of the whole game. I really like what I've seen of Hotline Miami so far; even though it's difficult the style of the game is very appealing. Retro City Rampage is on my list of need-to-get games, so agreed there! I saw Guacamelee a while back and it looked cool; thanks for reminding me. I have a feeling that La-Mulana is going to be a must-have for me because it looks very Indiana Jones-ish, and I freaking love Indiana Jones.

MotN looks great and what appealed to me. Just not so patient at stealth games.

Hotline Miami really adds to the difficulty if you don't use the target lock-on buttons, after I learned about the buttons the game got alot easier!

It's pretty apparent that you enjoy 2D action games. So I've gotta ask, are any of these on your radar (or do you own them?):

Gunpoint
Eversion
Capsized
Waking Mars
Papers, Please
Dust: An Elysian Tail (also Trine and Trine 2)
Super Meat Boy
Flashback
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Warp

Disclaimer: not all games are strictly 2D, but my recommended games algorithm is still in progress.

I do own Super Meat boy and enjoy it but not finished. Its alot like N+ which I have finished.

Forgot about Dust and will be adding that. lol

Heres a quick pic of my indie list. Be warned I haven't played them all as I'm lazy or busy ;)

Heres a quick pic of my indie list. Be warned I haven't played them all as I'm lazy or busy ;)

Lone Survivor :cool:

You should definitely check out Terraria if you think you'd be at all interested in that type of game. It's a fantastic buy at $2.49

Thanks for the tip on Hotline Miami. I love your Batman category! :D

I hope the entire AC series (sans 1 and 2) goes on sale. Right now they're already 50% off but if they ever had a flash sale on them, that would just be divine.

StoleMyOwnCar said:
I hope the entire AC series (sans 1 and 2) goes on sale. Right now they're already 50% off but if they ever had a flash sale on them, that would just be divine.

Amazon has AC3 for $7.49 right now, and the Deluxe Edition for $14.99. Those prices equate to 75% off on Steam, which is what I would expect them to sell for in a flash sale. So if you're interested in 3, go ahead and pick it up. Amazon's prices on Brotherhood and Revelations aren't likely going to beat Steam's this time around and I wouldn't look for Black Flag to go on sale anytime soon.

Amazon has AC3 for $7.49 right now, and the Deluxe Edition for $14.99. Those prices equate to 75% off on Steam, which is what I would expect them to sell for in a flash sale. So if you're interested in 3, go ahead and pick it up. Amazon's prices on Brotherhood and Revelations aren't likely going to beat Steam's this time around and I wouldn't look for Black Flag to go on sale anytime soon.

Oh, I already have AC4. Got it with my 780 GTX's (got another copy, but that's likely going to a friend). Thanks for the heads up on Amazon.

Yay, just got AC3 on Amazon. Leaves those 2 games now.

Last edited:
Not impressed with the offer. I was hoping for BAldur's Gate Enhanced Edition or Rome 2... guess will have to wait till winter/summer sale.

Already got vanilla Skyrim, Walking Dead is not my kind of game, and the other good thing from the list - Sleeping Dogs I already have

Oh, I already have AC4. Got it with my 780 GTX's (got another copy, but that's likely going to a friend). Thanks for the heads up on Amazon.

Yay, just got AC3 on Amazon. Leaves those 2 games now.

I just spoke with your friend and he said he doesn't want it. He advised hooking up a fellow [H] member instead. :p

You may want to keep an eye on the new humble bundle store. KY0 is on sale now
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Just checked for 3 and see only the Deluxe PC available on amazon for 14.99, is there a link to the 7.49 version? thanks. :cool:

That depressing moment when you excitedly wait for 10:00 AM deal refresh, only to find out you already own every game in the daily and flash deals. Deals aren't fun as they used to be :(

That depressing moment when you excitedly wait for 10:00 AM deal refresh, only to find out you already own every game in the daily and flash deals. Deals aren't fun as they used to be :(

Valve is just teaching you a valuable life lesson. It's just like drugs the first few times are the best and the rest of the time you're trying to find that excitement of the old days. Don't do drugs.

:mad:That was not what I said.You liar:p

:D

You may want to keep an eye on the new humble bundle store. KY0 is on sale now
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Why thank you - I forgot to check the HB store the past few days.

Just checked for 3 and see only the Deluxe PC available on amazon for 14.99, is there a link to the 7.49 version? thanks. :cool:

Here you go, friend.

Well, at $5.99 it looks like Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is an obvious buy for those of us who still don't have it. I picked it up, along with a 2-pack of Don't Starve. So for anyone who wants that game, PM me and we'll split the cost of the 2-pack.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back