Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

Can't even pull the store page up.

No reason too, these daily deals might be the weakest yet and don't even get me started on the flash deals....I'm seriously beginning to question Valve's short-term memory in relation to what their putting on sale :confused:

Is Dishonored for $10 worth the buy? I missed the 2 Bethesda titles for $15 a few weeks ago.

Grabbed Dishonored and Dust: An Elysian Tale from today's sales.

Spent way more than I intended this year so far.

If Rogue Legacy goes on sale, I think I'll probably be done for this year.

Does anyone remember the discount percentage/price for Dishonored when it was up for a vote (and lost)?

Maybe its because I'm bored on my deployment, but I've already spent more than double on this sale than any other Steam sale before. And its only day 4 so far!

Day 1: Bastion Soundtrack Edition (3.74) + Afterfall Insanity Edition (2.49)
Day 2: Darksiders II (9.99) and Season Pass (3.99) + The Walking Dead (6.24) + XCOM (9.99) and DLCs (2.98) + Surgeon Sim (3.39)
Day 3: Tomb Raider (12.49) + Witcher 2 (4.99)
Day 4: Fallout GotY (4.99) + New Vegas GotY (4.99) + Deadlight Soundtrack Edition (4.99)

Total: $75.26

I'm deployed too, you must have some good internet, cause I would not even attempt to download anything out here.

Really? I thought it was 75% off, oh well guess I'm buying it.

Still waiting for Dark Souls which would have been 75% off if it had won.

Dark Souls was on sale for 75% off on the 11th.

The previous community vote for Dishonored was for the same price as it is on today's daily sale. Whenever a game is on a flash sale vs daily sale vs community sale, it's always the same % off during the summer sale.

So far during the sale:

$72.60 on Steam, after ~$.50ish made from duplicate cards
Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Faster than Light
The Witcher 2
Hitman Absolution
FEZ
NBA 2K13
Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
You Need a Budget 4 (I'm a personal finance dork, have to see what all the fuss is about)

$12.62 on Amazon
Tomb Raider
Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride 1910 DLC
The Maw
Drip Drip

I'm deployed too, you must have some good internet, cause I would not even attempt to download anything out here.

Oh shit no I'm not downloading anything, just accessing the Steam webpage through my web browser and buying games. I'll download them all to my computer when I get back stateside.

I think today is the first day I don't buy anything. I'm over $100 already so thats a very good thing!

Thoughts on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?
Haven't played any previous games in the series, but it looks interesting. Worth the $10? I usually try to get games for $5 or less...

Max payne 3 is worth 10 bucks, I really enjoyed it. First game in the series I played though, so I had no expectations.

Thoughts on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?
Haven't played any previous games in the series, but it looks interesting. Worth the $10? I usually try to get games for $5 or less...

Matches are usually super-long. Hour-plus is common.

Bah i wish they had the Deus Ex: HR Director's cut out already so it could go on sale... i doubt they're going to give it out to people who already bought the game ><

Max Payne 3 was an awesome game, loved every minute of it, well worth the money.

pondering on whether to hit up Dishonoured.

Deus Ex was incredibly fun too.

Afterfall: Insanity
This was the one last year or so they were pushing million copies and asking for money or something.
50 on Meta, anyone play it though? It's $2.50, cheap yea I know, but just wondering if the screens are as legit as the game...because those have me pretty sold on it.

So Bioshock Infinite and the Columbia's Finest DLC have been 50% off daily and flash deals, but not the Season Pass?
I even got an email from Steam saying "An item on your wishlist is on sale (Bioshock Infinite Season Pass)" but it's always shown 19.99 for me.
Should I pick it up off GMG using a voucher for 14, or will it go lower on Steam sometime this sale?

Matches are usually super-long. Hour-plus is common.

Funny thing, I just noticed I have Sins Trinity in my library (backlog) already. Maybe I'll wait on rebellion until I've installed/played Trinity. Rebellion will probly be down to $5 by then anyways.

If anyone is interested in Natural Selection 2 please lmk running a group buy 4.69 each

Already have it but NS2 is one of the best and most addictive multiplayer games out there. A bit of a steep learning curve but the RTS/FPS hybrid is a fantastic gaming experience.

The game has a solid core of players and at 4.69 it's worth every penny.

So Bioshock Infinite and the Columbia's Finest DLC have been 50% off daily and flash deals, but not the Season Pass?
I even got an email from Steam saying "An item on your wishlist is on sale (Bioshock Infinite Season Pass)" but it's always shown 19.99 for me.
Should I pick it up off GMG using a voucher for 14, or will it go lower on Steam sometime this sale?

The first story content DLC for the game (which is the DLC the pass covers) is not even out yet so it is unlikely you will see any discounts on it other than vendors discounting from their own cut (like the GMG deal you mentioned).

NS2 is badass. I bought the beta years ago when it was for $39.95 and gave you a copy to gift. These guys work slow on the game, because it's their hobby, not their day job, but damn is the attention to detail good.

I LOVED the first natural selection back in the day. This game has been a looooong wait. But it's finally at the point that the game is near finished and is just so fun.

Been holding out for Dishonored for a while. How's the game play? Does it get boring after a few hours? My back log is huge like every one else here. Shit, the only game I am close to finishing is "The last of us" and that's for the PS3.....

Afterfall: Insanity
This was the one last year or so they were pushing million copies and asking for money or something.
50 on Meta, anyone play it though? It's $2.50, cheap yea I know, but just wondering if the screens are as legit as the game...because those have me pretty sold on it.

It's pretty damn cool. I think I'm about 1/3-1/2 through the game. What I've played so far has been well worth the $2.49. I'm not going to say that it's the sleeper hit of the year or anything, but it's somewhat of a hidden surprise that many people will probably look over. I recommend it to fans of Dead Space, Condemned, the Suffering, etc. as it seems to combine elements from those games.

It's not the best nor worst indie game I've ever played. I've been impressed by some aspects of it, but go in with low expectations because it's not a huge budget AAA title so it's not going to have top-notch voice acting or production values. Worth $2.49 though? Yup.

Island said:
Been holding out for Dishonored for a while. How's the game play? Does it get boring after a few hours?

If you know you won't play it for a few months, might as well hold off until the winter sales because it'll probably be cheaper then. I'd look for it to be $5-$7.50. Not much savings, but if it's just going to sit in your Steam list...

Max Payne 3 was an awesome game, loved every minute of it, well worth the money.

pondering on whether to hit up Dishonoured.

Deus Ex was incredibly fun too.

I personally thought Dishonored was great, but I'm hesitant to recommend it for $10 because some of you are picky bastards and I don't want to be blamed for costing you extra money, haha. At $5 it should be an insta-buy for anyone even remotely interested in it. For you personally lloose, being on the fence and all, well let's just say that I loved Max Payne and Deus Ex too so if our tastes are similar you will really enjoy Dishonored.

Ah, Dishonored finally hit the flash sale vote discount of 66% ... that'll be my purchase of the day.

NS2 is badass. I bought the beta years ago when it was for $39.95 and gave you a copy to gift. These guys work slow on the game, because it's their hobby, not their day job, but damn is the attention to detail good.

ns2 is a good concept. it is their full time job. but it is dead

There were a bunch of great games for 10 bucks available but I figured that I'd only really have time to play a couple of them. So I picked X-Com and Borderlands 2, along with the Season Pass for another 10 bucks. I might get one more such priced game before the event is finished. But today I've scored a bunch of others for 5-6 bucks or less, namely Natural Selection 2, KOTOR 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Reus. Not too sure what to do with all of these cards I got though.

Thanks for posting these deals. Was looking at the front page of vg247 .com and they show Max Payne 3 for $5. Those lying bastiids.

Almost want to get Dishonored but unless it hits 75% off I'll probably wait.

So far my damage is:
A.R.E.S $2.49
Hotline Miami $2.12 (amazon)
Retro City Rampage $4.99
Super House of the Dead Ninja $2.37
Tomb Raider $12.49

Still confused why doesn't these games I list below never get good deals?!?!
Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron
The Amazing Spider-Man
DMC

Last edited:
Back