Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

Grabbed Deadlight and Witcher 2: AoK Enhanced Ed for $8.73, first purchase of the summer sale for me.

In for FO: NV Ultimate and Doom 3: BFG, way too [H]ard to pass up for $5 a piece

So far my haul includes....

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 w/ Serbian Strike DLC
God Mode
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
System Shock 2
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Tomb Raider DLC - Lost Adventurer Tomb & SP Outfits
Borderlands 2 - Creature Slaughterdome

Click on the games, the prices listed on the main page are a lot more expensive then the ones on the actual pages (For me atleast)

Just got Doom 3: BFG for 4.99

Edit, looks like they fixed it.

That always happens when the new games first go up. They put all the new games on the front page, then they update the prices. Usually takes like 10 minutes or so for it to show properly.

Maybe its because I'm bored on my deployment, but I've already spent more than double on this sale than any other Steam sale before. And its only day 4 so far!

Day 1: Bastion Soundtrack Edition (3.74) + Afterfall Insanity Edition (2.49)
Day 2: Darksiders II (9.99) and Season Pass (3.99) + The Walking Dead (6.24) + XCOM (9.99) and DLCs (2.98) + Surgeon Sim (3.39)
Day 3: Tomb Raider (12.49) + Witcher 2 (4.99)
Day 4: Fallout GotY (4.99) + New Vegas GotY (4.99) + Deadlight Soundtrack Edition (4.99)

Total: $75.26

Eh....Doom 3 BFG for 5 bucks...Okay.

Not that impressed with the other sales. Kerbal only 40% kinda sucks.

I seriously want to kick everyone in the nuts that voted for Hitman over Dark Souls, Hitman is on sale as a daily deal AGAIN.

For the love of all that is holy, don't vote for something with "Cards" its going to be a daily deal, or was a daily deal.

I seriously want to kick everyone in the nuts that voted for Hitman over Dark Souls, Hitman is on sale as a daily deal AGAIN.

For the love of all that is holy, don't vote for something with "Cards" its going to be a daily deal, or was a daily deal.

Calm down man, they all will be. I've never seen a community vote or flash sale that wasn't also a daily deal at some point in the sale.

Eventually you'll see Dark Souls up there, just be patient.

Im pretty sure Dark Souls was a flash sale already. So did no one buy it then or did everyone miss it. Either way I'm sure it will come back.

Also Sickb0y you broke one of the spoiler tags in the OP with your last update.

Remember Me looks kind of interesting. It got good (though not great) reviews. Still, 30 bucks is a bit much when my backlog is so big. That one is going on my wishlist for the winter sale.

Don't Starve needs to hit $5 right meow....

I have only grabbed Doom and Fallout NV so far this sale...

Last few years the sales have been OK but not GREAT. I limit myself to; if it a game I really want I will buy it for $10. If it is a game I kind of want but can live without I will not buy it until it is under $5-6.

That is a crazy good deal for a game like Fallout New Vegas. I already have it but I did get the Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC for like 50 cents. Kinda wishing I got Dark Souls when it was available on sale but it'll be back, they always come back.

anyone else selling cards? Ive sold 4. Got about $1 so far... I dont see a reason to keep em

anyone else selling cards? Ive sold 4. Got about $1 so far... I dont see a reason to keep em

Right before the summer seal I sold a chunk made 30+ dollars (got lucky as well ended up with a few rare items that sold for 5 each) bought 3 games on sale and went back a few days later and bought all the cards back for fraction and level up.... didn't spent a dime :p

Last edited:
Just picked up

Kerbal Space Program
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2 (4 pack)
not on sale but pre-ordered Pay Day 2 (4 pack) my friends and I really liked the first one and it looks they really improved on it over the first game.

Debating about Ace Combat, really liked it back in the day on Playstation 2

So... Borderlands 2 Season Pass doesnt come with all the DLC for the game? retarded.

Whats the difference between regular Hitman: Absolution and the Professional Edition?

I've made about $10 in card sales since the sale started. Would be more if people wouldn't undercut the market so much.:p

So... Borderlands 2 Season Pass doesnt come with all the DLC for the game? retarded.

After I got the Season Pass - the Psyhco DLC came out and I am like wtf why do I not have it... googled it and was instantly pissed..

Whats the difference between regular Hitman: Absolution and the Professional Edition?

The Professional Edition includes:

72-page Artbook
Making of video
Agency Gun Pack DLC including:
Upgraded silencer
Laser sights
Agency Jagd P22G: A modern top-tier pistol
Agency HX UMP: Powerful high-caliber SMG
Agency SPS 12: Brutal semi-automatic shotgun

from the store page...

Remember Me looks kind of interesting. It got good (though not great) reviews. Still, 30 bucks is a bit much when my backlog is so big. That one is going on my wishlist for the winter sale.

Ugh, I was interested in that game until I watched TotalBiscuit's review of it. I thought that it looked pretty terrible.

It does look pretty good but I sold my joystick long ago and can't imagine trying to play that with KB/M. I do have a 360 controller but eh...

My niece has been bugging me to get her the Sims 3, so today I bought her the Sims 3 + Sims Pets. It was an early bday present, as her birthday is tomorrow, so she is happy.

Maybe its because I'm bored on my deployment, but I've already spent more than double on this sale than any other Steam sale before. And its only day 4 so far!

Day 1: Bastion Soundtrack Edition (3.74) + Afterfall Insanity Edition (2.49)
Day 2: Darksiders II (9.99) and Season Pass (3.99) + The Walking Dead (6.24) + XCOM (9.99) and DLCs (2.98) + Surgeon Sim (3.39)
Day 3: Tomb Raider (12.49) + Witcher 2 (4.99)
Day 4: Fallout GotY (4.99) + New Vegas GotY (4.99) + Deadlight Soundtrack Edition (4.99)

Total: $75.26

You're in for some serious enjoyment. :) That's quite a haul of some very excellent games!

I'd say pass on Ace Combat. I have not heard anything good about it from fans of the series and even from videos I've seen the game looks terrible. It looks like Namco tried to shove COD into an Ace Combat game.

I picked it up for the same reason that you're thinking about it... Loved it back in the day on the Playstation (original) and haven't seen a lot of games for PC that have a similar style.

All in all, I'd say it's pretty similar to the games of old... Just with better graphics. It has a super linear campaign (just like in the old days, lol) so the replayability is pretty low. Controls and physics are about the same as they old games. Personally I've found it enjoyable. Nothing to get excited about, but fun.

Went ahead and got Ace Combat, for $9 bucks I will try it. If it sucks it sucks, not like going to Compusa back in the early 90's buying something for $50 and getting it home and playing it find out its garbage (Battlecruiser 3000 AD)...oh the good old days of browsing the aisle's in a computer store.

Spec Ops the line showing 14 bucks on steam but 7 dollars in cart...i Went ahead and bought it.

If you havent played it yet its WORTH IT.

By all means im not a fan of the cover system. But the story is intense and the visuals are jaw dropping.

Spec Ops the line showing 14 bucks on steam but 7 dollars in cart...i Went ahead and bought it.

If you havent played it yet its WORTH IT.

By all means im not a fan of the cover system. But the story is intense and the visuals are jaw dropping.

I'm thinking of picking it up, and The Swapper, that game just looks creepy as fuck lol. Should get Torchlight II too since I got biffed on Dark Souls.

Wow, my respect for Steam and the fat fuck who owns it just went down a good bit after seeing that the WarZ is back on Steam. Oh wait, I mean "Infestation: Survivor stories" :rolleyes:

Back