Steam 2012 Thanksgiving sale is here! runs from November 21-27 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sale has been pretty meh for me, nothing has really gotten my interest for the most part.
I did pick up Mark of the Ninja last night and must say it is quite fun, especially if you grew up on platformers etc. I started playing it this afternoon and probably killed 2 hours, which is longer than I've spent playing games in the past month or two.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion looks like a great deal. Anyone want in on a four-pack?

Anyone have a spare copy of Chivalry?? I'd be interested in purchasing one off your 4 pack!

I guess I'll join those who are in for a TL2 pack if you need to get rid of a extra copy...

EDIT: Got what I wanted. Thank you Kelv.

Last edited:
My brother and I both picked up TL2 today and played several hours. Awesome game. Worth every penny of $10. Hell, I'd say it's worth every penny of the regular $20 price.

I want a piece of the TL2 4 pack deal too!

EDIT: Was too impatient. Went and bought one.

Last edited:
I've been having fun watching Don't Starve videos on youtube. They seem to update the game regularly with new content. Should check it out. I wish it wasn't a two pack, but I'll just sell the other copy.

Good price on Orcs 2 Complete and Torchlight 2. I've been waiting for a good price on those.

Seems like there's still a couple of people looking to go in on a Torchlight 2 4-pack, I'm one of them but I can't buy the pack.

Oh I'm with you brother, I've purchased a lot of games from Steam that have gone on sale for less money since then. It really stings when those games that you purchased are now on sale for the same price (or less) with added DLC, which means you paid equal or more to get less content. But for the most part I'm ok with it since buying games early on means I'm supporting PC gaming, so the pubs can't say "See, we spent time and effort on a $50 proper PC port yet people are only purchasing it once it's $5 on Steam."

Just consider it the price of early adoption. Sometime you'll purchase a game for $25, and while it'll seem like a great deal at the time, it's inevitable that either A) it'll go on sale for less before you get to play it, B) a GOTY edition will be added for the same price, or C) both. That's just the price you pay...still better than console where if they bring out an enhanced version you have to pay full retail for it.

My rule of thumb is I'll pay up to $30 for anything I plan to play within the month, that way it won't bother me if it drops later... Otherwise I wait for 75% Steam discounts or pay no more than $10 (maybe $15), so even if it drops later it won't be more than $5 or so and it won't bug me. Haven't paid full price for anything in a while, too long a queue and too many deals!

Anyone holding out for CS:GO should be happy.

I wish that the last day was a best-of day. I'd buy KOTOR II for $2.50 and Sins for $13. As it is I might buy KOTOR II for $5 anyway.

Purchased Torchlight 2 for $10 and then a two pack of Orcs Must Die 2 Complete. Have a backlog of 75+ games, so I didn't really need to buy anymore.

Damn good price on Witcher II Enhanced! Will pick that up, along with Batman AC!

ugh i just bought the witcher 2 yesterday for 14.99... you win em you lose em

CS:GO is up for $7.49, Witcher 2 $7.49, Alan Wake bundle 9.99 and Legend of Grimrock $3.74.

Might pick up Alan Wake but I have a ton of new games in the backlog. Tropico 4 has a good price as well $5.99 for steam special edition.

How much is CS:GO going for right now?

$7.50. It was $10 by the way during the weekend sale with the free weekend.

I just bought that CS pack for $13.49 (I think) yesterday. :( lol Oh well.

ugh i just bought the witcher 2 yesterday for 14.99... you win em you lose em

You should always wait until a daily deal or the relatively newer flash deal. The generic sale prices not on those last until the last day anyways so there is no rush.

Witcher 2 is an incredible bargain at that price. Awesome game. And with T&A.

My total take: CS:GO today, Chivalry yesterday, and the GMG deal on Dishonored.

CS:GO is up for $7.49, Witcher 2 $7.49, Alan Wake bundle 9.99 and Legend of Grimrock $3.74.

Might pick up Alan Wake but I have a ton of new games in the backlog. Tropico 4 has a good price as well $5.99 for steam special edition.

Alan Wake is an awesome game!

Anyone doing a 4 pack on castle crashers? I'd be in for a copy.

I held out the whole sale, but I'm going to get CS GO and probably TW2 as well.

Darn you Steam!

I heard they don't have the silencer for the m4 anymore in CS:GO... I would get it for 2.49.. we have too many games to catch up on. (you, me, everyone) lol. heck... imma get it anyways.

on a side note.. I started playing dead island. that game is great! Can't believe it didn't get a higher score.

Alan Wake is an awesome game!

Agreed. I absolutely loved it! Just picked up American Nightmare for $3.75

Is TW2 Enhanced Edition accessible for someone who did not play the first?

I think it depends on the your experience with RPG's, it's not your standard fair like Dragon Age, etc...it's a little more complicated, with the different oils/potions that can applied to defeat certain enemies and there's a bit of a learning curve with the combat system. IMO It's definitely worth taking the risk at 7.50 though, I bought the game at launch and CD Projekt Red has done an outstanding job in adding more content and patches to improve performance/bugs. They are probably THE BEST PC developer around right now!

I didn't play the first Witcher and really enjoyed Witcher 2. Also like with Dark Souls, I found the game to be more fun with an Xbox controller(for some reason I couldn't stand using a KB+mouse past the Easy difficulty).

I bought the Witcher 2 a while back through an online provider that doesn't link through Steam. I haven't touched the game in a while, but is it upgradable to "Enhanced Edition" or would I have to repurchase the game through Steam to get this?

I remembered that in Witcher 1, the EE was a free patch.

The game play is actually completely different between the two games. In terms of stories they are not directly linked. There are some references to the Witcher 1 and some of your choices in the Witcher 1 carry over though. I wouldn't say its a huge deal however.

I bought the Witcher 2 a while back through an online provider that doesn't link through Steam. I haven't touched the game in a while, but is it upgradable to "Enhanced Edition" or would I have to repurchase the game through Steam to get this?

I remembered that in Witcher 1, the EE was a free patch.

It is the same deal as the Witcher 1, the content updates are free regardless of when you purchased the game. It is just new copies being branded differently.

Also all Witcher 2 keys can be activated on GoG I believe.

It is the same deal as the Witcher 1, the content updates are free regardless of when you purchased the game. It is just new copies being branded differently.

Also all Witcher 2 keys can be activated on GoG I believe.

I appreciate the response.

Yes, but Witcher 1 is a great game, and it's only $2.50 right now, so you might consider picking it up. However, it's a very long game (at least 30 hours), so it may not be worth playing if you just want to understand the background of Witcher 2.

Bastion is a great game.
TW2 is also pretty good with great graphics, I'm about 1/3 into it as far as I can tell.

Thanks on the Alan Wake tips - going to score it this time for sure. Cheers!

Haven't been interested in anything in this sale so far (the stuff I am interested in, I already have for the most part). However, I'm definitely picking up tW2.

Anybody played Legend of Grimrock? If so, what did you think? Looks like it could be a cool retro game, but might be boring too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back