Steam 2012 Thanksgiving sale is here! runs from November 21-27 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trine / Trine 2 are 75% off in the flash deals. I highly recommend picking up the complete collection if you like adventure, platformers.

If you don't own Deus Ex: Human Revolution, you have no excuse for 5 bucks. While you're at it, get The Missing Link DLC for $3.74.

BL2 DLC isn't on sale.

Disappoint.

Yeah, something to look forward to during the winter sale I guess! DLC in general hasn't seen big discounts since there's been fewer 75% discounts. I didn't know whether to get Dawnguard for $10 or wait it out, not like I'm done with Skyrim...

Yeah, something to look forward to during the winter sale I guess! DLC in general hasn't seen big discounts since there's been fewer 75% discounts. I didn't know whether to get Dawnguard for $10 or wait it out, not like I'm done with Skyrim...

Yeah, I'm really thinking of waiting for the Skyrim DLC. I'm sure that game is going to go on sale for 75% off at some point soon enough.

Yeah, I'm really thinking of waiting for the Skyrim DLC. I'm sure that game is going to go on sale for 75% off at some point soon enough.
I'm in the same boat as y'all. I bought the Hearthfire DLC because $2 means I'm losing a trip to the vending machine at work. I'm on the fence when it comes to Dawnguard. I want it, but I don't want to wait until the Winter Sale for it to be the same price (50% off).

I'm thinking of picking up a Chivalry four pack. It works out to about $9.50 a copy, anyone want in?

Also picked up Deus Ex: HR. For $5 it's a steal. Ahh...this sale must stop.

YeH i WOULD LIKE TO SEE A bORDERLANDS 2 sale and Skyrim+DLC sale. Would be a great time to get into those games on PC cuz I have time to BURNNNN an d a new SSD 840 pro to play it on with extremely little loading :) lol

Galactic Civilizations I / II any good? It looks to combine two things I enjoy: space and strategy; so I may pick it up as a flash deal.

Galactic Civilizations I / II any good? It looks to combine two things I enjoy: space and strategy; so I may pick it up as a flash deal.

Yeah, GalCiv II is a pretty fun 4X game (Explore, expand... uh, etc). Nice ship customization, and both sandbox and campaign. I think it would be $5 well spent.

Last edited:
Yeah, GalCiv II is a pretty fun 4E game (Explore, expand... uh, etc). Nice ship customization, and both sandbox and campaign. I think it would be $5 well spent.

Nitpicking: 4X, not 4E.

Explore, expand, exploit, exterminate

GalCivII is still considered to be one of the best games in the genre.

Best game of it's type since MOO 2. Steal it now for 5 bucks.

YeH i WOULD LIKE TO SEE A bORDERLANDS 2 sale and Skyrim+DLC sale. Would be a great time to get into those games on PC cuz I have time to BURNNNN an d a new SSD 840 pro to play it on with extremely little loading :) lol

Well, you're in luck.

Skyrim is yesterday's Steam Daily Deal, and it's still on sale for another 17 hours for 50% off at $29.99 (it'll probably go back to 33% afterward for the remainder of the autumn sale).

Skyrim DLC is also 50% off too (Dawnguard - $9.99, Hearthfire - $2.49).

Borderlands 2 is today's daily deal so you have the next couple days to grab it for $29.99. I checked the DLCs for it, but they don't look like they are discounted.

I already got Borderlands 2 but going to grab the Skyrim DLCs. Nice prices.

This is the first sale where I can honestly say I'm underwhelmed. It's probably mostly because I already picked up most of what I wanted during prior sales but I that's not entirely it...I mean honestly Steam's pricing wasn't all that awesome on some games compared to GMG and Amazon (which I'll keep a closer eye on in the future thanks to their BF deals). Pricing on games like Deus Ex was good, but I got it a long while back on sale...yet I've got an entire wishlist of games that aren't where I feel they should be price-wise. For example, I want to pick up AC Brotherhood and Revelations but 33% off? You'd think with AC3 just being released Ubisoft could discount the older games a bit more as their appeal just diminished a bit now that the new hotness is out (same for older CoD games).

Here's hoping that the last couple of days are better (hey a guy can hope) and that the Christmas sale makes up for this one.

This is the first sale where I can honestly say I'm underwhelmed. It's probably mostly because I already picked up most of what I wanted during prior sales but I that's not entirely it...I mean honestly Steam's pricing wasn't all that awesome on some games compared to GMG and Amazon (which I'll keep a closer eye on in the future thanks to their BF deals). Pricing on games like Deus Ex was good, but I got it a long while back on sale...yet I've got an entire wishlist of games that aren't where I feel they should be price-wise. For example, I want to pick up AC Brotherhood and Revelations but 33% off? You'd think with AC3 just being released Ubisoft could discount the older games a bit more as their appeal just diminished a bit now that the new hotness is out (same for older CoD games).

Here's hoping that the last couple of days are better (hey a guy can hope) and that the Christmas sale makes up for this one.

I feel the same way pretty much, (well actually I felt that about the summer 2012 sale and everyone since then) But watch out or Impulse will yell at you, jk:p

Also in past sales AC franchise usually had a bundle and when it went on flash(new this year) or daily deal, each game within would be discounted the same price or better if it's older (usually). So if ac3 goes on daily or flash, you'll likely see your revelations and brotherhood for something better than 33%. BUT, if all you own is one, it might behoove your wallet to get the whole pack (if it includes 3 which they did include the newest AC at the time in the last bundle sale) It's similar to getting a value meal at a fast food place. You might not need the drink but you actually save money.
Tbh it might not even happen this sale, There are only so many days left, I don't even understand how they will recycle all the flash deals into dailies (summer sale at least you would see every single flash deal at least once in daily and once/twice+ in flash; anotherwords if you see a good flash deal in this autumn sale, you might not even see that later as a daily, which is stupid because what if you are sleeping during the one flash deal you want, GG)
You might have to wait for winter sale which I hope is as good as last years and that summer/halloween/autumn were just teasers. But at least that should be way longer than this autumn, so more chances to get the best deals

Last edited:
I feel the same way pretty much, (well actually I felt that about the summer 2012 sale and everyone since then) But watch out or Impulse will yell at you, jk:p

Also in past sales AC franchise usually had a bundle and when it went on flash(new this year) or daily deal, each game within would be discounted the same price or better if it's older (usually). So if ac3 goes on daily or flash, you'll likely see your revelations and brotherhood for something better than 33%. BUT, if all you own is one, it might behoove your wallet to get the whole pack (if it includes 3 which they did include the newest AC at the time in the last bundle sale) It's similar to getting a value meal at a fast food place. more chances to get the best deals

I actually agree that there's been fewer big big discounts during this sale, but I don't even know if that's typical of their shorter sales or what. Only thing I really disagreed with you about was last summer's sale but I guess it largely comes down to everyone's library/wishlist and current level of self restraint... :p

Assassin's Creed series actually went on sale with a big discount during the summer and I picked it up since I only had one of them. Pretty sure it was 75%... Also bought the Splinter Cell pack for the same reason, except they stealth dropped the price even further during a daily sale (wasn't a flash or anything), after I had already bought it... That pissed me off.

They actually did a couple random mid-sale price adjustments like that during the summer, tho most were more logical (mistakes, etc). There were a ton of series/packs on sale during the summer tho (AC, Splinter, GTA, Fallout, Tomb Raider, Monkey Island, etc.). Hopefully they're bringing those back for winter!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back