Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Batman AC - $10
Burnout Paradise - $4
Crysis 2 - $12
Torchlight - $4
Trine 2 - $4
Witcher 2 - $15

So in total about $50 spent this sale. Not bad I guess.

Particularly when you consider the quality of the games you bought. Good picks for sure. Just need to add SR3 and Skyrim but that would just about double your total. :p

Holy cow! The deal of the entire sale just popped up!
$13.29 for Saints Row 3 and ALL of the DLC - Complete
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15347/?snr=1_5_9__403

This was $24 earlier on in the sale

I'm thinking a major screw up on this one as well.

I just picked it up. I was on the fence everytime it popped up during the sale. Even the strategy guide is way cheaper to buy the guide and the game then just the guide which wasn't the case in the earlier sales.

Would of been really irritated had I pulled the trigger on it earlier.

I guess it explains why its the top seller right now.

I only took advantage of the fallout 3 + DLC for 4.99 deal and the Orcs Must Die 2 preorder.

Time to start building up my paypal for the next sale.

well it was fun keeping this thread updated for the past week I hope you guys had fun as much as I did :p big thanks to Impulse for the price corrections. See you guys for the Halloween/Thanksgiving Steam Seal ;)

So I just grabbed The Walking Dead as my close out game!

I spent way too much money on this sale!

I ended up with:

Arma II: CO
Batman: AC
GTA IV Complete
Terraria
Supreme Commander Complete
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Very good sale.

I just bought my last game, Max Payne 3

Damage:
$30 MP3
$15 the walking dead bundle
$10 Alan Wake bundle
$10 Dead island

= $65+tax

I played through thw Walking Dead (almost). The end of Episode 2 is extremely frustrating and just about damn impossible (haven't beat it). This is one of those things that game developers should NEVER do.

For anybody who bought The Walking Dead or thinking about buying, you will need a xbox 360 controller for your PC to even get the dialogue option.
PC- Brenda Bug - I Rage Quit

Last edited:
well it was fun keeping this thread updated for the past week I hope you guys had fun as much as I did :p big thanks to Impulse for the price corrections. See you guys for the Halloween/Thanksgiving Steam Seal ;)

Thank you, it was very helpful!

I didn't even realize you were keeping the first post updated, heh. Thanks for the hard work though, I'll be sure to visit the OP more often for future deals.

Well, if you can believe it, the only game I got was Hydrophobia: Prophecy for $1.24! LOL. I regret not getting Dead Island, but more of the games I didn't really want.

damage:

Orc must die (gift from Freaky , thanks bro!)
Orc must die 2 preorder (not sale related , but eh!)
Quantum conundrum
Krater

not too bad :D

Decent sale.

STALKER Series
Men of War Series
Tribes: Ascend Steam Starter
Saints Row 3 DLC

Summer Sale conquests:

Witcher 2
GTA Pack
Prince of Persia Pack
Civ III (x3 - 2 for gifts)
Civ IV Complete
Crysis
Trine 1 & 2
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai DLC
Microsoft Flight: Alaskan Wilderness DLC
Torchlight
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Mout and Blade: Warband - Napoleonic DLC
Portal Bundle (gift)
Left 4 Dead
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
Europa Universalis III
Fable - The Lost Chapters
X Superbox
Half Life
Half Life 2 - Eps 1 & 2
Men of War Pack

I think I need a cigarette.

I think you're going to need to take a vacation just to play all that, lol.

Lets see...

Payday 4-pack
Alan Wake
Alice: Madness Returns
Portal 2
The Binding of Isaac
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Saints Row: The Third Complete

I already played Portal 2 - it was great. Going through Alan Wake now.

Well I went to order my to games. They had roughly 2 minutes left. Added them to my cart and once at checkout to pay. They jacked the prices back to the original ones. I actually caught this right before I hit send payment. I was a little bothered by this. I just left it and didn't get the games. Not sure what happened but I guess I didn't need them bad as I thought. Thanks

Thanks for the yoeman's work keeping the thread updated OP! Nicely done.

awesome sale, good work keeping this updated.

my wallet is relieved but anyone else bummed that it's over, opening up steam to see what was on a flash sale was one of the highlights of my work day lol

Summer Sale conquests:

Witcher 2
GTA Pack
Prince of Persia Pack
Civ IV Complete
Crysis
Trine 1 & 2
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Torchlight
Portal Bundle (gift)
Left 4 Dead
Europa Universalis III
X Superbox
Half Life
Half Life 2 - Eps 1 & 2
Men of War Pack

Roughly $145 for more than 30 games. I'll take it.

yeah, I bit on a few things. I'll be busy for quite a while.

Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bang Bang Racing
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Just Cause 2
Batman Arkham City
Portal 2

Big Bang and NSF for the kid on the HTPC

Glad I looked at this late, else I definitely would have spent more money :p

Just picked up Fable 3 and Bioshock collection for less than $10 each. Already owned Bioshock on PC and Bioshock 2 on Xbox 360, but want Bioshock 2 on Steam as I really don't play my consoles anymore.

Summer Sale conquests:

Witcher 2
GTA Pack
Prince of Persia Pack
Civ IV Complete
Crysis
Trine 1 & 2
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Torchlight
Portal Bundle (gift)
Left 4 Dead
Europa Universalis III
X Superbox
Half Life
Half Life 2 - Eps 1 & 2
Men of War Pack

You just got Half Life 2? Where on Earth have you been the last 8 years? Everyone and their mother already has that game! :D

The thread broke 2,000 posts. :cool:

I wound up buying only 1 game, "Portal 2", which I won't even bother installing until I get a new computer later this year.

Bah. Wasted my money on DoW II. It says online play requires logon to Windows Live whatever. However, when I try to play the single-player campaign, it says I have to log on the continue. At least I didn't waste a lot of money on it.

Bah. Wasted my money on DoW II. It says online play requires logon to Windows Live whatever. However, when I try to play the single-player campaign, it says I have to log on the continue. At least I didn't waste a lot of money on it.

Yep, the main game and Chaos Rising are GFWL. Never had any issue with them as opposed to Bioshock 2 and RE5 for whatever reason.

DoW2 Retribution, the one everyone uses for multiplayer now, is Steamworks. No GFWL.

The devs would appear to be done with GFWL thankfully.

awesome sale, good work keeping this updated.

my wallet is relieved but anyone else bummed that it's over, opening up steam to see what was on a flash sale was one of the highlights of my work day lol

Yeah - I'm not quite sure why everyone thought it was such a pain but I rather liked it.

Here are my damages(rounded totals)

Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack $13
L.A. Noire Complete $6
Beyond Good and Evil $3
Dungeon Defenders - Summoner Hero DLC $.25
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC $1
The Doctor Who Cloned Me $3
The Walking Dead $15
The Witcher 2 $16

The only three games I had targeted this sale were Witcher 2, Beyond Good And Evil, and Skyrim (still too high I was hoping for $20 on this one). Every other game I was just like screw it I'll just pick that one up at this price. I ended spending around $50 or so overall. I had no real interest in Saint Row 3 until I saw the complete pack at $13 right before the sale ended. With LA Noir I was always mildly interested in it and I don't ever see the price getting any lower on that game so I picked it up. I have played Dungeon Defender for maybe 10 hours and got bored, but with new maps and a new character I may get back into it one day. I liked Duke Nukem Forever (don't be hatin') so I figured I'd give the expansion a shot. I ended up picking up The Walking Dead manly due to the great things I have been hearing about the game. See you all for the winter sale!

I would have bought more if the games I wanted had been SteamPlay compatible. (I use an iMac at work)
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb - $2
Civ V Polynesia DLC - $1.25
The Witcher - $2.50
Psychonauts - $2.50

Almost pulled the trigger on BioShock Collection before realizing they are Windows-only for some reason. The Mac versions are in the Mac App Store so I just assumed the Steam versions would have both.

Something that intrigued me was that Jade Empire is 75% off today, but I did not see it ever below 50% all sale. That was a game I was looking for...

Jade Empire is one of the worst Bioware games. I regret ever purchasing it. The story is surprisingly weak considering it was created during a fairly good period for the company, and the gameplay is just dumbed down to the point of "why did they bother including gameplay?" -- it might as well have been a long cinematic. I got halfway through and gave up. The story couldn't hold me and the gameplay absolutely bored me to fucking tears, and I've thrashed pretty much every other major Bioware release except ME3, DA2, SWTOR, and their handheld console releases. Definitely the lowest point in Bioware's history until DA2.

I bought only 3 games this time.
Driver SF
Witcher 2
Rage

Witcher 2 looks the most promising of the bunch.:)

Jade Empire is one of the worst Bioware games. I regret ever purchasing it. The story is surprisingly weak considering it was created during a fairly good period for the company, and the gameplay is just dumbed down to the point of "why did they bother including gameplay?" -- it might as well have been a long cinematic. I got halfway through and gave up. The story couldn't hold me and the gameplay absolutely bored me to fucking tears, and I've thrashed pretty much every other major Bioware release except ME3, DA2, SWTOR, and their handheld console releases. Definitely the lowest point in Bioware's history until DA2.

As a counterpoint, I really liked it. Now, I played it on my roomates xbox back in the day, but I thought it was a lot of fun. It's NOT a Chinese Medieval KOTOR by any means, and is more of an ARPG than anything else, but I enjoyed the story, the graphics, for the age, were really pretty good, and it was DIFFERENT; a welcome break, at the time, from the walking-through-molasses Halo.

Back