Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

I think I need to come to terms with the fact my gaming days are over. Can't even find anything I want to play anymore.

I don't think it's as much that as the fact that release schedules have gotten slower since the economy got slower and games are being catered more toward consoles and not pc's. It doesn't help that game developers have released a lot of trash *cough*dukenukem*cough* in recent years.

Wow. Good thing I didn't buy LIMBO. I kept thinking it sounded cool. I forgot that I gotten it in the last Humble Indie Bundle. :eek:

Last edited:
Going into the last day, I've spent $81.16 and got the following:

TF2 In-game items
Trials 2
Trine Bundle (1 & 2)
Portal & Portal 2
Skyrim
Metro 2033
Company of Heroes
Witcher 1
Civilization Collection

Probably won't get anything on the last day since I got what I wanted earlier. I thought it was a decent sale.

Let's post good titles that never made it as daily or flash deals. Basically, stuff to pick up on the last day...

Syberia Bundle
Syberia
Syberia 2

Penumbra Collector Pack
Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition
Penumbra Overture

Flatout
Flatout 2

I have to say, I've gotten some good chuckles from all the entitled nerd rage on the ARMA2 Steam forums since it went on sale for only 40% off. :D

I have to say, I've gotten some good chuckles from all the entitled nerd rage on the ARMA2 Steam forums since it went on sale for only 40% off. :D

I'm not gonna bitch about it, I'll just wait a while, the demand has to come down at some point.

Cool name, by the way.

I guess I can see their point. It was 50% or $15 at amazon like 2 months ago. And that deal lasted a couple weeks.

I've been hearing rumors that Steam will have one last day of it's best sales, so I'm waiting to spend my last little bit of money there. I really want to get the Hitman collection, just waiting for it to come down a little more.

I've been hearing rumors that Steam will have one last day of it's best sales, so I'm waiting to spend my last little bit of money there. I really want to get the Hitman collection, just waiting for it to come down a little more.

Every sale's "last day" (this sale is 12-22nd so today is the last 24 hour reset), is just a recap of the top 9 sales.

~$97 17 games

Blinding of Issac
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate
Dear Esther
Driver San Fransisco
Fallout: NV
Limbo
MS Flight
Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword
Nexuiz
Rock of Ages
Stalker: Pripyat
Shoot Many Robots
Tiny and Big
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Vampire: Bloodlines
Vessel
Walking Dead

I've spent $63 during the Steam summer sale so far, but 80% was not from Steam:

$48 Guild Wars 2 - not from Steam
$2.50 - CoH
$5 - Dead Space
$2.50 - Nexuiz
$5 - Portal 2

I am glad I'm not a Steam fan boy and I don't limit myself to Steam purchases or I'd have spent way more, because almost everything has been cheaper elsewhere in the past.

Total $112.10

$9.99 Alan Wake Gold
$16.99 Assassin's Creed Revelations
$4.48 Clash of Heroes
$11.99 Crysis2
$4.99 F3AR
$8.69 Magica DLC
$4.99 Mirror's Edge
$16.99 MS Flight Pkg
$6.8 Spellforce2
$2.49 Thief II
$2.49 Thief Gold
$4.99 Tribes DLC
$3.74 Trine 2
$9.99 Two Worlds II
$2.49 X3 Albion Prelude

Hydrophobia: Prophecy (another blind leap...cheap as heck and I thought it could be a very interesting game for $1.24; then again there could be a reason it's so cheap)
It's basically Mirror's Edge with more guns and water puzzles; only about 5 hours long too.

Picked up Trine 2 now that it's a flash deal again. Pretty sure I'm done unless Spec Ops:The Line goes to $19.99 or lower;

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Batman Bundle (Arkham Asylum/Arkham City/Gotham Imposters/DLC)
Dead Island
L4D2
Metro 2033
Orcs Must Die
Orcs Must Die 2
Portal 2
GRAW 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Trine 2
The Witcher 2

My total was $113.49. My initial planned budget was $60(I'm done):

Alan Wake Bundle
Batman: Arkham City
Borderlands
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate
Dragon Age: Origins
Dungeon Defenders
Fallout: NV
From Dust
Galactic Civilizations 2
Half Life: Ep 1
Half Life: Ep 2
Just Cause 2
Legend of Grimrock
Mafia 2
Sim City 4
Sonic Generations(plus DLC)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Trine 2
Tropico 4

Star Wars Collection
Dungeon Defenders Collection
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City (plus DLC)
Dungeon Siege Bundle
THQ Collection
Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle
Killing Floor Bundle (Biggest disappointment so far.)
Trine 2 Bundle (Plus collectors edition upgrade)
Dawn of War Platinum Edition,
Dawn of War: Soulstorm
Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle (to fill in the missing DLC from the THQ pack.
Left 4 Dead Bundle (gave the original L4D to a friend in need)
Dead Island (traded a different steam game for it)
--------------^^Steam^^------------------ total - $201.23

--------------Amazon------------------
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Bulletstorm
Bully
Max Payne 2
The Darkness II Standard Edition Retail
--------------^^Amazon^^------------------ total - $47.50

All in... ~ $248

(still plan to purchase the Activision Bundle, Orc Must Die 2, & Back to the Future), so closer to $325

Good thing... at least when the Winter Sale comes, I'll probably only be getting 3-4 games.

Last edited:
Ah, they're up now :)

One of the boxes says "we're sorry, this game is not available in your region".

Anyone want to Midnight Club 2? Looking to trade something for it. I don't like racing games w/o a wheel.

Ah, they're up now :)

One of the boxes says "we're sorry, this game is not available in your region".

I came here to ask if anyone else got that and what game it was. The only other time I've ever seen that was when I was deployed so I ended up just having requiem99 buy and gift my games to me and I paypal'd him.

edit: I think it may have been a placeholder for the Indie pack because now it is showing for me and it wasn't at first.

Doh, I was hoping for a best of day since I missed something. Ah well, next sale.

Man, talk about ending on a low note, no big game, no surprises, just generic games that have already been on sale countless times.

That just got replaced by the Indie Bundle.

Just ran the numbers, got $70.54 as my total spending.

Considering that covers:
The X-Com pack
AC:R Gold
About 90% of the Saints Row 3 DLC
Harley Quinn's Revenge
Amnesia : The Dark Descent
Atom Zombie Smasher
Gotham City Imposters + XP Boost and Weapon DLC
Evochron Mercenary
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action + DLC

Not bad.

Up to 96 pages for those using 25 ppp. Or over 1,900 posts if you want the metric that way. :cool:

Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Alice Madness Returns
Bastion (re-buy)
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Capsized
Chains
Dear Esther
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
From Dust
Gothic 3 (NA) (rebuy)
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE
Gumboy - Crazy Adventures
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Just Cause 2 + All DLC
L.A. Noire
Lara Croft GOL
Legend of Grimrock
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle (re-buy)
Obulis
Portal (rebuy)
Portal 2
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Qube
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Star Wars: KOTOR
Terraria
The Longest Journey (re-buy)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Torchlight
Trine
Trine 2
Vessel
Vigil: Blood Bitterness

Grand total of $121.50 (<$3.40/game). I'm set until the winter sale, unless something surprisingly good pops up on the few remaining flash deals today.

I haven't bought many games in the last 2 years and pretty much caught up here, grand total is north of $250. Got everything I wanted except Kingdoms of Amalur and HOM&M6 but my backlog is set now I can wait for them. Crysis2 Max was the one I really wanted and Alan Wake and Max Payne 3 were gravy.

Was pissed BLOPs went on sale but the DLC didn't, oh well....

Back