Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

While the talk about Vampire interests me, the fact that it requires 3rd party patches to be playable is a bit of a turnoff. Just so others know, the game is not playable without the 3rd party patches. It's buggy and has no native widescreen support.

While the talk about Vampire interests me, the fact that it requires 3rd party patches to be playable is a bit of a turnoff. Just so others know, the game is not playable without the 3rd party patches. It's buggy and has no native widescreen support.

But a lot of older games are like that.

That has always been the great advantage of PC gaming though, the original was good, but buggy then the community can come around afterwards (years after) and fix it up, extend it and create a new experience around the original!

There are quite a few older games that I still love playing that I would never do so if not for the 3rd party contributions. VtMB is definitely one of these and well worth the 5 bucks imo.

For those that haven't voted or do not care what wins, please vote Rayman. I missed it when it was a daily deal last week and decided I'd really like to pick it up. Any help is appreciated.

Picked up Dungeon Defenders, The Witcher 1, Far Cry 2, and Burnout Paradise Ultimate last night. Didn't NEED any of those. Oh well. Steam knows how to get me.

So... I don't recall from past sales... are the games that go on sale today going to be the last round (with the sale ending tomorrow afternoon) or will they do a round of recap sales that start tomorrow and end Monday afternoon? There are a handful of games I want that are on sale that haven't been a daily deal... I;ll pick them up on the last day... I just don't know what day that is.

For those that haven't voted or do not care what wins, please vote Rayman. I missed it when it was a daily deal last week and decided I'd really like to pick it up. Any help is appreciated.

Voted for Rayman.

So... I don't recall from past sales... are the games that go on sale today going to be the last round (with the sale ending tomorrow afternoon) or will they do a round of recap sales that start tomorrow and end Monday afternoon? There are a handful of games I want that are on sale that haven't been a daily deal... I;ll pick them up on the last day... I just don't know what day that is.

The 22nd at 1pm, the sales will renew with a recap of the best sellers.

It's my understanding that today's not the last round of daily/flash deals, tomorrow (the day the sale ends, the 22nd) is the last round and it lasts thru the 23rd. Don't quote me on that tho!

Too late! I've quoted you :D

lol

Maybe someone can help me here. Like many of you, I've looked at a virtual ton of Steam game pages over the course of the past several days. So many that I'm having trouble finding a game that sounded somewhat cool by virtue of the fact that you could create your own items. I don't remember if it was action, adventure, or RPG. :rolleyes: I've tried to look through the games that I can remember looking at and the closest thing I've found so far is Two Worlds II and its CRAFT tool...but I don't think that's it because there's just one small snippet talking about creating items. With the game I'm talking about it, I seem to remember them going on about it more as if it was a major gameplay feature but I cannot find this to save my life.

So, aside from TWII, Terraria and Minecraft (not on Steam anyway)...what are some other games where the gameplay features tout the ability to create a lot of cool shit?

You haven't.

Thanks. I guess if they don't discount it today or tomorrow, I'll have to take the bullet and buy it at only 40% off. I wish they'd stop discounting KOTOR and FU and start discounting the other Star Wars games.

VtMB is a great deal for $5. There are so many potential playthroughs and hours with that game.

lol

So, aside from TWII, Terraria and Minecraft (not on Steam anyway)...what are some other games where the gameplay features tout the ability to create a lot of cool shit?

Is Risen the game you had in mind? http://store.steampowered.com/app/40300/ It is supposed to have a ton of crafting. I read a review which stated that because items are scarce, crafting is required to get nice stuff.

Have you never played older PC games? Most took 4-7 discs just to install. Anyway it's just two patches one official one unofficial. I linked both. Its playable without either but the unofficial restores content they couldn't finish before release. Its no different then mods you need to make borderlands, dead island, or any elderscrolls game the most enjoyable it can be.

Are you guys serious? I just tried to inform all of the people who were buying it for the first time that you could not just install and play it on a modern system without modding it. Widescreen doesn't work and it's full of quest bugs. I just won't post next time.

Are you guys serious? I just tried to inform all of the people who were buying it for the first time that you could not just install and play it on a modern system without modding it. Widescreen doesn't work and it's full of quest bugs. I just won't post next time.

I found your post helpful but I also found the replies helpful too. I bought the game. Thanks to you I know I need to patch it. Thanks to the others, I know what to patch it with.

No, but thanks to you I'm downloading the demo of that. It looks cool!

Nvidia_ATI said:
Is Risen the game you had in mind?

Nope, but that looks like a good game too. I actually had it wishlisted in case it goes down to $4.99 again.

I know it wasn't Risen because I remember reading about the ability to create all kinds of cool things in the description on the Steam page. What's crappy is that I can't remember if it was an RPG or an Indie game or what, so I'm having trouble narrowing it down by category. I really don't want to have to go back and look at Steam pages for 300 games, but at this rate I might be doing just that!

No, but thanks to you I'm downloading the demo of that. It looks cool!

Nope, but that looks like a good game too. I actually had it wishlisted in case it goes down to $4.99 again.

I know it wasn't Risen because I remember reading about the ability to create all kinds of cool things in the description on the Steam page. What's crappy is that I can't remember if it was an RPG or an Indie game or what, so I'm having trouble narrowing it down by category. I really don't want to have to go back and look at Steam pages for 300 games, but at this rate I might be doing just that!

If you find it let us know. I like games with thorough crafting.

Oblivion/Morrowind sale ends in 10 mins. Get on it, these rarely go on sale!!

Ugh my Steam folder is taking over my main hard drive. I feel like a fucking digital hoarder. Gonna have to trade up for a 2 or 3 TB.

I don't know how people can "just" install some games. MUST.. HAVE..ALL..GAMES.. ALWAYS..

Nothing for me today. Last chance here is Red orchestra 2 the way to go for me my WWII fix these days?

Last edited:
Picked up the Fable collection. I enjoyed the first one on Xbox back in the day. Too bad there is no Fable II for PC, so I'll be missing a third of the series.

And good grief that's cheap for the Prince of Persia collection. If you don't have those, now's the time to pick them up!

Picked up the Fable collection. I enjoyed the first one on Xbox back in the day. Too bad there is no Fable II for PC, so I'll be missing a third of the series.

And good grief that's cheap for the Prince of Persia collection. If you don't have those, now's the time to pick them up!

Fable 2 sucked, you're not missing anything.

I was hoping they'd close out the sale with a bang. Instead it's repeat sales, and some others I don't care about.

Vicinity said:
Fable 2 sucked, you're not missing anything.

Thanks. I guess I am more worried about missing any story between parts 1 and 3 that would leave me going "WTF?" and missing references in the third game. Sort of like if you played Mass Effect and then skipped to 3...except ME2 was worth playing.

I was hoping they'd close out the sale with a bang. Instead it's repeat sales, and some others I don't care about.

Par for the course for Steam sales. The first day/few days are typically the best where everyone goes "Wow buy buy buy!" and then the last couple of days are typically fizzlers where you can try to pick up anything you missed.

Thanks. I guess I am more worried about missing any story between parts 1 and 3 that would leave me going "WTF?" and missing references in the third game. Sort of like if you played Mass Effect and then skipped to 3...except ME2 was worth playing.

None of the games are direct sequels and in the prologue they recap "what has happened since the last adventurer blah blah".

Well the last thing I was on the fence about was ARMA and considering im only interested in it do play DayZ 40% off is just not good enough for me. So it looks like i have gotten everything I wanted for this sale.

Anyone who wants to get the Batman pack needs to hurry, because Steam is about to run out of activation keys for Gotham City Imposters.

Think I'm probably done salewise this time around though. I'm up to 230 games on my account (over 8 years, and most at sale prices, don't panic! :D).

Back