Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

To every and anyone QQ'ing, please remember:

VALVE IS BE NO MEANS REQUIRED TO GIVE US THESE AWESOME SALES. IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS WHINE ABOUT IT, I'M SURE THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING AT FULL RETAIL.

With that said, how's Jurassic Park? I've heard good things about Telltale's adventures.

VALVE IS BE NO MEANS REQUIRED TO GIVE US THESE AWESOME SALES. IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS WHINE ABOUT IT, I'M SURE THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING AT FULL RETAIL.

With that said, how's Jurassic Park? I've heard good things about Telltale's adventures.

I've heard bad things about Jurassic Park, mainly the way it plays.

From what I head, Jurassic Park almost single handedly brought down Telltale. They spent a lot of $ for the Jurassic Park name then made a really bad game with it. I agree with Derangle in that the controls and game play were the low points.

Ah, fuck man, that's a bummer. I really love the Jurassic Park series.

Maybe BTTF will go on sale next. Would make my day.

Ah, fuck man, that's a bummer. I really love the Jurassic Park series.

Maybe BTTF will go on sale next. Would make my day.

Pick up the walking dead instead. It's supposed to be really good, and it's also episodic with 3 episodes to be released.

Damn, I hope not. I've been watching like a hawk. It might have been one while I was sleeping... damn... :p

Yeah, it was on the second day of the sale apparently:

Back to the Future: The Game $6.24 (Expired on 7-13-2012)

It'll probably come back as a Daily or at the end of the sale.

You guys must have balls of steel if you're playing The Walking Dead. I watched TB's video of it and that answering machine part in the beginning was fucking sad. Didn't even want to play it after that, heh. :p

Not everything is my cup of tea and I find it hard to believe alot of people bought simcity 4 (a 2003 release...really?).

It's the only release from an extremely popular series available on steam. A lot of us old timers have a strong emotional attachment to the Sim City franchise, having played the original on our Amiga's, Commodore 64's, and Atati ST's way back in the beginning of time.

I lost my retail copy many years ago and was very happy to see it up on sale.

ALL HAIL THE STEAM GODS!!! Without them we would be forced to buy at full retail until the end of days!

(Only infidels buy from Amazon, Greenman, Gamers Gate, the used market, etc...)

It's the only release from an extremely popular series available on steam. A lot of us old timers have a strong emotional attachment to the Sim City franchise, having played the original on our Amiga's, Commodore 64's, and Atati ST's way back in the beginning of time.

I lost my retail copy many years ago and was very happy to see it up on sale.

ALL HAIL THE STEAM GODS!!! Without them we would be forced to buy at full retail until the end of days!

(Only infidels buy from Amazon, Greenman, Gamers Gate, the used market, etc...)

I'm sorry, revision:

No one is required to put anything on sale. Just be thankful anyone does. Console gamers don't get this.

tl;dr
No more QQing.

God Damn, people will pick apart anything you say now-a-days.

No one is required to put anything on sale. Just be thankful anyone does. Console gamers don't get this.

Sales are required if they want my money. If it's not on sale, I'm not buying. There was a day when I would shell out $60 per title. Those days are long over. Cheap games are the only reason I got back into PC gaming. No cheap games, no gaming.

There are a lot of people like me and a lot of money is made using targeting pricing to reach people like me. Steam does these sales because they end up making MORE money than if they didn't. Sales are not charity. They are done to make money. You never have to be grateful for sales.

What. Every game has DRM on a console.

Some even have online DRM.. ( For MP )

I was just giving Vicinity a hard time since he said everyone picks apart your posts these days, but seriously. I'm not a console gamer anymore -- PC to the bone -- but you can't really compare console "DRM" to PC DRM. The newer multiplayer pass bullshit is retarded but you never hear anyone complain that they can't play their console games due to DRM that was added in an attempt to prevent piracy. As far as I know, there are no limits to how often you can install the game to the hard drive and you are never prevented from playing single player games when your internet is down. One of the advantages to consoles is (and always has been compared to PC) that you just stick the game in the drive and it works. Every time. I don't really see how you can argue otherwise. The console market is huge compared to the PC gaming market, yet the amount of bitching about DRM from the PC community is FAR greater.

Drat, The Longest Journey doesn't like my 6970's AA very much... it smoothes out the jaggies but then breaks other game textures, particularly interactive objects and foreground scenery which begin to blink on and off. Had to disable it in Catalyst 3D Application Settings changing it to 'Enhance Application Settings' with Edge Detect, and now it looks pretty much like it did in 1998. Good times.

I was just giving Vicinity a hard time since he said everyone picks apart your posts these days, but seriously. I'm not a console gamer anymore -- PC to the bone -- but you can't really compare console "DRM" to PC DRM. The newer multiplayer pass bullshit is retarded but you never hear anyone complain that they can't play their console games due to DRM that was added in an attempt to prevent piracy. As far as I know, there are no limits to how often you can install the game to the hard drive and you are never prevented from playing single player games when your internet is down. One of the advantages to consoles is (and always has been compared to PC) that you just stick the game in the drive and it works. Every time. I don't really see how you can argue otherwise. The console market is huge compared to the PC gaming market, yet the amount of bitching about DRM from the PC community is FAR greater.

PC world is like the free world is why. Consoles.. It's there way or stfu. But then again look at there target audience. Console users are suckers. They pay for XBL.. They pay 60$ for games. They get what they deserve.

People bitch on PC cause they can get results ( sometimes. ) But some of the bitching is ridiculously and unneeded.

QFT. It's the planescape torment of adventure games.

That's high praise... I was on the fence about it after it won, since I have a couple other adventure games in the backlog (wtf? what year is this?), but I think I'll bite.

Thank you Steam for putting up games for sale which I have ZERO interest in playing! You are saving me a bunch of money!!! What a crock of shit...I've seen much better from Amazon and Origin of all places.

The Longest Journey is the most essential representative game of the adventure genre that has yet been made. Plus, it's ridiculously long and epic.

Jalidi said:
The Longest Journey is one of the best adventure games ever made... despite its age, it remains so.

Picked this one up after reading the very positive comments. I've heard of the game before, but somehow it slipped past my radar all these years. I enjoy (or used to enjoy) games like this and I have no idea how/why I didn't ever pick it up earlier. At this price, if I hate it I can't be too pissed off at you guys. :p

The Metascore is higher than a lot of other games that I think are great, so it's gotta be pretty damn good.

Thank you Steam for putting up games for sale which I have ZERO interest in playing! You are saving me a bunch of money!!! What a crock of shit...I've seen much better from Amazon and Origin of all places.
Origin? Are you kidding?

Picked this one up after reading the very positive comments. I've heard of the game before, but somehow it slipped past my radar all these years. I enjoy (or used to enjoy) games like this and I have no idea how/why I didn't ever pick it up earlier. At this price, if I hate it I can't be too pissed off at you guys. :p

The Metascore is higher than a lot of other games that I think are great, so it's gotta be pretty damn good.

I had not really heard about this game until the comments in this thread, so I bought it for my alt account for my GF. She loves adventure games and doesn't care too much about graphics.

Looks like Dead island won by a landslide. Should be around $10, which it's been before, but still a decent deal.

It would be a hot deal if they included the DLC as well.

if im going to playing The Longest Journey for the first time, is it recommended that i pick up Dreamfall as well?

The Witcher 2...

worth it? I know it's cheap at $16, but does it have replay value?

The Witcher 2...

worth it? I know it's cheap at $16, but does it have replay value?

I think replay value might lie in the higher difficulties if you're into that. The game doesn't just get harder, there are exclusive items for the highest difficulty. It's a good play through for $16.

There's been a shit-ton of good games on sale. What games are you looking for deals on?

if im going to playing The Longest Journey for the first time, is it recommended that i pick up Dreamfall as well?

There's only a tenuous connection and the original is universally agreed to be the better game. If you like the genre and style, there's no reason not to buy both, however.

749323d1340896541-need-help-choosing-aquaracer-serious.jpg

I'm pretty sure they've hit every genre from both indie and AAA devs/publishers. I really can't see how this is possible unless you own them all already.

Yes, they are, because like many other people I consider the Old Standard of 40-60 dollars for a new game to be massively inflated, unreasonable, and will simply not pay that price. I've only EVER paid that price maybe a dozen times in my life, and I've been gaming since 1984. Essentially my entire steam collection, over 300 titles, was bought on sale. I paid a non sale price on maybe 3 or 4 games in total, and even then it was discounted because the game had been released for a while. For people who are like me, my wife, my brothers, cousins, and my tunngle gaming group, Steam (and GOG, GMG, etc, for that matter) gets no sales unless they hold a sale. Period. So yes, Valve most certainly is required to put games on sale. At least, if they want the market segment we represent.

And Jurassic Park is an utter abomination. :eek:

LOL. Yep this isn't the first time.
Wondering whether i should get L4D1 before the flash deal runs out... is it worth getting if you have L4D2?

Anyone else notice the current Community Choice deal and all 3 picks for the next deal are all based on zombies? :rolleyes:

Also, perchance anyone here that loves tower defense games might give me a learned opinion on GTB?

Back