Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Nothing like buying games while at work. Come home from work to realize you don't have time to play the games you bought.

No kidding. I've bought like half a dozen titles so far and installed them, but I think the only one I've played so far is Vessel. :(

Feels bad for anyone who does.

I thought there was no way it could possibly be bad enough to where I'd regret spending $8 on the Amazon sale a few weeks ago for game + DLC. I did manage to beat the game, and promptly uninstalled before playing the DLC. By far the worst $8 I've ever spent on any game. Ever.

No CoD Black Ops for me. I've determined that I will not buy a CoD game until it hits $10 because they have crappy short single player campaigns. That means I might never get one ...
Black Ops is kinda long (9 hours for me). Much better than the MW3 campaign.

I thought there was no way it could possibly be bad enough to where I'd regret spending $8 on the Amazon sale a few weeks ago for game + DLC. I did manage to beat the game, and promptly uninstalled before playing the DLC. By far the worst $8 I've ever spent on any game. Ever.
I've heard the DLC was better, though I haven't played it yet myself. It makes sense and gives me hope that Gearbox might be able to do something decent with Duke in the future. I bit on the $8 Amazon deal too, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I've had costume quest at the top of my backlog for a while now, I think I will play it come October 31st ;)

I really enjoyed it. Combat gets pretty repetitive if you just use the same costumes all the time. The story is fun and quirky tho and is good for a nice relaxing play.

Hmm, at $5, I may have to jump on GTA 4. I already have GTA - VC (great game, beat it), and GTA - SA (bought it, haven't played it yet, waiting for new computer).

I've heard the DLC was better, though I haven't played it yet myself. It makes sense and gives me hope that Gearbox might be able to do something decent with Duke in the future. I bit on the $8 Amazon deal too, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I had a couple friends that said if I thought the base game was bad, there isn't a word to describe the DLC. I guess I just took their word for it.

I had a couple friends that said if I thought the base game was bad, there isn't a word to describe the DLC. I guess I just took their word for it.
Well, I see it got a 52 on Metacritic and a 7.8 user score. The main game got a 54 and 5.7 user score for whatever that's worth. Who knows.

Only $3.74 spent so far this sale.

My backlog is out of control and I have decided to reign in my spending until I can get a handle on it. I figure the games I want to play will be cheaper by the time I actually have the time to play them.

My backlog is out of control and I have decided to reign in my spending until I can get a handle on it. I figure the games I want to play will be cheaper by the time I actually have the time to play them.

I've only played like 10 games and I own over 200. :p

I've only played like 10 games and I own over 200. :p

Same story here. Have 105 in my Steam library. Have others from gog, Origin and Blizzard.

Last night I decided to start playing them in alphabetical order to see if I can make a dent in the backlog. Started with Amnesia. Was having a little trouble getting into it, so skipped to Bastian. Fun game. The narration is amusing.

Voted on Krater for someone.

Debating on whether to pick up Arkham City with the DLC or not... Only reason Im debating, is because I DONT KNOW IF I WILL EVEN PLAY THE GAME. Gotta love Steam sales.

I consider myself a game enthusiast or collector at this point... I play when I have time, but at least my title justifies my purchases (at least that's what I tell my wife :D).

I consider myself a game enthusiast or collector at this point... I play when I have time, but at least my title justifies my purchases (at least that's what I tell my wife :D).

I kind of like that.

Gonna use that as my excuse, too.

I pre-ordered a two-pack 10 minutes ago. They easily sold me on the sequel when they promised more of the same with multiplayer coop.

Cool, seems intriguing, no time to play the demo today but I think I'm gonna pick it up along with the GTA pack...

I'd curse Steam but the truth is most of the stuff I've bought are just older games I've missed out on when I didn't have a decent PC setup or wasn't looking at sales, except for Skyrim and a couple exceptions. Still pissed they dropped the Assassin's pack by $5 during a community sale then $15 during the daily tho (mid way thru the daily sale no less)... I imagine that's not a common occurrence?

Thoughts on Limbo?

I played the demo. There was nothing to it. I was finished in 5 minutes and there wasn't much to do. Most of the time was spent walking between tasks. It made me wonder how much play I'd get out of the full game. Worth $2.50? Yea, maybe. Worth $10? Probably not.

Back