Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

I'm debating the whole pack for like 30 bucks? I heard AC2 is the best out of the whole series so far. i played AC1 but felt it was way tooooo slowwww

I have AC1 on 360 and I've tried to play it like 10 times, I can't get into it.

Everyone says 2+ is excellent, but 1 isn't that great of a game.

I'm undecided, I'll wait for the pack to cheapen up some more.

AC2 was the best by a far. AC1 and Brotherhood were a joke.

EDIT: I just noticed AC2 was only $4.99. Pick that one up and save your money.

wow i have never bought these many games before...I normally buy 1 game every 6 months or so.

L.A. Noire Complete Edition $7.49
Saints Row: The Third $12.49
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $2.49
Darksiders $4.99
Batman Arkham City $10.19
Darkness II (ROW) $12.49
Fallout: New Vegas $4.99
Metro 2033 $4.99

TOTAL: $60.12

Rage is a decent game for $10, people. IMO of course. It got a bad wrap and I would probably have some regrets about paying >$50 but for $10 it's worth experiencing.

i'll wait for rage to go below $10 before I'd consider buying it.. maybe next year :D

Rage can be had for under $10 right now on Steam. A penny less, but no doubt under $10 ;)

srsly though, you couldn't pay me to play that trash of a game. It's such a bore.

Rage can be had for under $10 right now on Steam. A penny less, but no doubt under $10 ;)

srsly though, you couldn't pay me to play that trash of a game. It's such a bore.

Would you be offended if I asked what purchase price your opinion is based off of?

Wow, that's saying something.

I'll pass on it definitely.

I know everyone's tastes are different, but to me the game from the get go just felt half-assed. Many of the gameplay elements/style seem like they were borrowed from similar shooters, but just not executed as good as the others. The game just fell flat on its face for me.

Skip 1 its 2 and beyond where the series really shined.

The first was way too repetitive and boring.

There must be some evil force in the world preventing beyond good and evil to be recognized as the gem that it is. From its launch to now, one of the most unpopular yet best games in history of video gaming.
It can't even beat mirrors edge in a community vote, that's sad and all of you who voted mirrors should be ashamed, honestly.
It's sad because if it got due recognition, bgae 2 would have been out already and would have trounced uncharted.

Just imagine if no one bought Zelda. Tragic really.

Someone please tell Steam/Valve to stop , the wallet cant take anymore...... ha ha ha ha

I wouldn't recommend it at a penny over $4.99
Agreed unless you are desperate to play a FPS right away (I paid $15 for it). Rage is a solid shooter, but the story is bland and the fetch quests become repetitive and boring very quick. Once you go underground it's basically a rinse and repeat process. It's like they didn't want to spend more time on doing something different. It's a fairly long game if you do everything, but it got to the point where I just wanted it over with, so I skipped most of the side jobs.

Although, Duke sucked at launch, and it sucks now for $3.

I got Duke for free and it still sucks. Rage, on the other hand is decent, though it had horrible problems at launch. If you enjoyed Borderlands single-player, you'll probably get $10 of fun out of it if you can deal with the shit textures.

I got Duke for free and it still sucks. Rage, on the other hand is decent, though it had horrible problems at launch. If you enjoyed Borderlands single-player, you'll probably get $10 of fun out of it if you can deal with the shit textures.
I thought DNF was slightly better and more fun than Rage, but both games were disappointments.

I'm thinking of picking up F.E.A.R. because I've never played it. I definitely want the first one, as it's the best and only $2.50. Should I pick up the other two and all the DLC for $10? I've heard bad things about them.

Also, do you guys think Metro 2033 is worth $5? I'm worried that it will crush my GTX 560 Ti.

I'm thinking of picking up F.E.A.R. because I've never played it. I definitely want the first one, as it's the best and only $2.50. Should I pick up the other two and all the DLC for $10? I've heard bad things about them.

Also, do you guys think Metro 2033 is worth $5? I'm worried that it will crush my GTX 560 Ti.

FEAR is generally regarded as the best.

Metro 2033 is absolutely worth the $5! I really loved that game, very enjoyable, and it'll make your system sweat bullets

I can't say how your 560 will handle it, but yeah, I thought it was worth $5

I remember how epic Fear 1 was back in the day, and how scared shitless it was when that little ho-bag would show her face out of the blue and I would scream like a little panzy ass....

Metro is a badass game, but of course is one of the many that I have bought off of steam and have never finished.....it will bring that 560 of yours to it's wimpering knees though if you think of cranking the settings on high and play at any resolution higher then 1080p on your setup....

It crushes my 560TI 448 enough that I can't enjoy the game. 1920x1080

I don't understand... turn down the settings? Even at medium settings, the game looks better than most other titles out there. It has the capability to run fine and look gorgeous on a 560 Ti 448.

$10 is a freaking steal for all three games. F.E.A.R. 1 is the best, thats for sure. The expansions are... ok. They don't follow the series cannon and are disregarded in the sequels. So, play them if you really need more of the first game, but you can pretty much ignore the story or skip them entirely and it won't change anything. F.E.A.R. 2 I had a lot of fun with. It was not nearly as scary, but the gunplay was more fun to me. F.E.A.R. 3 is the worst of the bunch.... and it's not a bad game, just not as exciting. If you've got someone to give it a whirl in co-op with though, it is still fun, and worth it to complete the story. For what its worth, I played through it twice.

Back