Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Cave story looked too awesome to pass up.

Cave Story is amazing. The freeware version has been out for years, but the additions in Cave Story+ ("HD" graphics, new areas) are easily worth the $2.49 it's on sale for. If you're a fan of "Metroidvania"-style games, you'll love it.

Apparently Steam mobile is still invite only... :(

It is? I think when you do get invited you get 2. So if one of your friends got one, ask him for it. My friend got 2 and gave me one.

Hmm, wtf, when Assassin's Creed Revelations was a $14 community deal they dropped the series pack to $44.75, a mere $5 less than the regular sale but I figured that was still decent ($11 per game and whatnot), so I bought it.

Today they're doing the same $14 deal as a daily but the pack is $34! I feel slightly duped. Are community deals not to be trusted as the lowest price throughout the sale or what? Also, did they just stealth drop that pack's price in the middle of the day? The OP also lists it as $44!

Nothing of great interest for me today, other than the realization that I got taken for $10 on the most expensive item I've bought thru the sale yet. :eek:

So I finally was able to log in to the website but still can't get passed the State box on the app. Not sure why heavy traffic makes a website not recognize a password but after putting the same one in 400 times it finally let me in........now the websites down and I can't get to my cart on the website or app! This would be funny if I hadn't been trying for 3 days to buy shit. Why doesn't Steam want my money?

The steam app should be available on the marketplace.

That being said, I had the same problem as you, but figured out a way to bypass it. You should be able to go to the site on your browser, there's a link down at the bottom for the full desktop version of the site. Takes a bit longer to load, and is a bit clunky to navigate, but doesn't have that stupid state box error. You could probably save your payment info, then use the app just fine I would think.

I'll be the first ass to say it... 41?? Noob! (might wanna change your posts per page default ;))

Edit: or maybe not, thus upping the asshole quotient :p
Yeah, I'll stay w/ the n00b default view of 25 posts/page. :p Like I said, it keeps my scroll bar longer and I'm all about longer!. :eek: :p

I also started the winter sale thread that one had 85,862 views and 63 pages so were in pase to surpass it!
Gentlemen, to evil!
picture3.png
Nice, I'm sure that record will fall. And maybe Winter 2012 will beat Summer 2012. :cool:

The steam app should be available on the marketplace.

That being said, I had the same problem as you, but figured out a way to bypass it. You should be able to go to the site on your browser, there's a link down at the bottom for the full desktop version of the site. Takes a bit longer to load, and is a bit clunky to navigate, but doesn't have that stupid state box error. You could probably save your payment info, then use the app just fine I would think.

Yeah I'm using the app AND the website on my T-Bolt's browser and still no joy. I gotta work my 2nd job tonight and wont be home til 9:30 so I'd rather get it done now.

Wanna know the punchline? I'm going thru all this trouble to buy Rage which everybody says sucks! LOL!

Here in Germany its 17 euros lol, ripoff much?

Funny thing is, I bought Metro 2033 from the Germany store for 2,49€ (about $3.10), but bought Assassin's creed 2 from the US for $5 (about 4,10€). Metro 2033 was $5 on the US and Assassin's creed 2 was 5€ on the Germany store. I guess I will keep on playing the two stores against each other for future purchases. Yeah and Rage is a rip-off when on the Germany store it's regularly 49,99€, and only $29.99 on the US store

I know it's only 2.49$ but is "Dear Esther" any good?

Axe

Just go watch a "Let's play" on youtube and that's the whole "game".

I think it is. It's not a game you win or lose. You complete it, and how you do that is really up to you. PArts of it are random, and the graphics are really very good. I purchased it at launch and am glad I did.
I'd say for $2.50 it's worth it for a unique experience and supporting a young dev house. Rumor has it that they are taking on the sequel to Amnesia.

Anyone want any of the community choice games? Let me know and you get my vote.

Mirrors edge! still don't have that one. How is rage for $10? they fix the low res textures and all that crap?

Interested in Age of Empires 3. Is there just a base game that is discounted as well? I'd be in for that as I don't really need any extras that came out with it.

I should invest in a proxy for use at work...

Mirrors edge! still don't have that one. How is rage for $10? they fix the low res textures and all that crap?
Voted for Mirror's Edge.

I just picked up Metro 2033 for $4.99. Now I just have to beat it before Metro 2034 (Last Light) is released.

How is rage for $10? they fix the low res textures and all that crap?

Two answers- Good and no.
Look, for the gameplay, Rage is fun. It's not awesome, and is terribly anticlimactic, but that said, the gameplay is interesting, and the story is fun.
IF you can get past the graphics. The texture pop-in and streaming has gotten better, but is still apparent. And no matter of driver fiddling will replace low-poly, SUPER low res textures on things you are FORCED to look at.

Check out the [H] review, but here's an example
http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTMxODgyNTI4NmQwb1lRSUFnU1JfNl8xNl9sLmpwZw==
That's RIGHT behind someone you have to talk to MULTIPLE times. And it's not textures failing to stream in. That's how it was textured...

Two answers- Good and no.
Look, for the gameplay, Rage is fun. It's not awesome, and is terribly anticlimactic, but that said, the gameplay is interesting, and the story is fun.
IF you can get past the graphics. The texture pop-in and streaming has gotten better, but is still apparent. And no matter of driver fiddling will replace low-poly, SUPER low res textures on things you are FORCED to look at.

Check out the [H] review, but here's an example
http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTMxODgyNTI4NmQwb1lRSUFnU1JfNl8xNl9sLmpwZw==
That's RIGHT behind someone you have to talk to MULTIPLE times. And it's not textures failing to stream in. That's how it was textured...

Looks terrible lol, dear esther on the other hand looks incredible.

Current damage:
Ghost recon Advance warfighter 2: $2.49
Civilization V: $7.49
Tropico 4: $7.49
Total War: Shogun 2: $7.49
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection: $9.99
+ Sniper Elite V2: $14.99 (Amazon)

Total wallet damage: $49.94

So AoE III is an RTS, right? I vaguely recall playing the original AoE back in the day, but it's been a looooong time.

so bad....

I might buy AoE 3 complete again just so I can have it on Steam.
$10.... wow. I remember paying $30 each for both expansions.

I got the mobile app to work. Apparently it was the wrong password.

The account is like 8 years old, I can't remember any of those old passwords...

Meh, thought about AoE 3 but can't get myself to play Civ 5 GotY or Europa III complete so even though a good deal, it'll just sit in my account.

I want Risen 2 and Thief series at 75% :)

Rage and F3AR... nah, if it comes down to it, I'll just replay Quake 4. The Walking Dead was very good though, my first telltale game and the episodes 1 & 2 were worth $15.

Going into tonight, I think I've done pretty well this year as far as money spent. At least my wife thinks so...

TF2 In-game items: $2.49
Trials 2: $2.49
Trine + Trine 2: $4.99
Portal + Portal 2: $6.24
Skyrim: $29.99
Metro 2033: $4.99

Total Damage: Seven games + in-game items for $51.19

I have $15.22 left in my Steam wallet and once that's gone, I'm done. So I'm getting very picky at this point. The game and deal has to "Wow" me at this point.

Today is meh!...the whole sale has been disappointing for me. Oh well I get to save some money!!!

Back