Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

I can't even vote. It's just a never-ending loop that never records my choice.

Kept doing this when I tried to vote for Bastion. I tried 4 or 5 times. As soon as I tried voting for Terraria instead it worked immediately. Totally not rigged at all...

Heads up: the DLC season pass for Saints Row The Third finally has a good discount (75%!) and is only $5 now :D

Walking Dead looks like a good buy, seems to have positive reviews, but gonna hold off on it as there'll probably be season 2 that'll be released. I'll buy it when both seasons are on sale.

Oh and Amazon has Quantum Conundrum on sale for $8.99. So if you're a lil disappointed that it didn't win the flash deal, like me, you can get it there :)

is anyone elses download speed much slower than usual today? i understand that steam is under a lot of stress due to the sale, but over the past few days its still been maxing my download speed, yet today its having trouble breaking 1 MB/s for over a few seconds

edit: for anyone else have the same problem, try changing your content server in the steam settings. i just changed mine and my download speed is back to full :D i guess that particular server was just under more load today than the previous days

Last edited:
Walking Dead looks like a good buy, seems to have positive reviews, but gonna hold off on it as there'll probably be season 2 that'll be released. I'll buy it when both seasons are on sale.

Oh and Amazon has Quantum Conundrum on sale for $8.99. So if you're a lil disappointed that it didn't win the flash deal, like me, you can get it there :)

They aren't even done with Season 1.

Season 1 is five episodes, they have only released episode 2 atm. Buying The Walking Dead is for the entire season (5 episodes) for 15 bucks is pocket change for all season.

Argh! I bought Trine 2 for myself and my wife this morning for 50% off. Now it goes to 75%. <sigh>

Man, I have like no time for games but is Skyrim for $30 that good a deal ;o? Probably by time I get around to playing it they have it selling for $10.

Man, I have like no time for games but is Skyrim for $30 that good a deal ;o? Probably by time I get around to playing it they have it selling for $10.
I thought so. I won't be able to play until at least September, but I couldn't pass up 50% a game that will be $60 for at least a few more months after the DLC is released.

Bought Trine 2 for 3.74$.

an amazing game, the graphics are spectacular!

I was really tempted to get Skyrim, but I've decided to wait until at least the Xmas sale. I've already played through well over 100 hours of it on the 360 version (played the console version since I'm too tempted to cheat on the PC one lol). Anyway, the biggest thing I want to do is play with all the mods and whatnot, and I guess I rather wait until it's $15 or so before I do that.

In for the Hitman pack. I'm about to the point where I may quit for this sale, though I'm still waiting on the rest of the DLC for both fallouts.

u can get a skyrim key for ~$30 online

dead island pack, i think we got 3 ppl now?

We have enough people to buy the Dead Island 4-pack but since I'm not at home, can someone go ahead and buy it then I'll send the payment when I get home? And looks like we need extra copies so I just put down the name of the person who interested in.
1. Viper87227
2. Tuf
3. Island
4. kohan69

u can get a skyrim key for ~$30 online

dead island pack, i think we got 3 ppl now?

We have more than enough so I think you can just do the first come first serve.

[L]imey;1038938967 said:
This.

Worth much more than the 3.74 i paid.... i am LOVING this one (first one was great too)
I bought the combo pack a few days ago for $4.99 and looking forward to trying it. I've heard great things.

Anyone played / have impressions of Magicka? I saw the game for $2.49, but the Magicka Collection is only $7.49. Are either worth it? Are they "okay" games that get put away quickly? The game looks fun, but trailers can be deceiving...

Bought Trine 2 for 3.74$.

an amazing game, the graphics are spectacular!

Trine is well done, plus it supports local coop, and a variety of other modes in trine 2, everyone should nab this and there if you have an HTPC and use xbox controllers you MUST buy the set.

Anyone played / have impressions of Magicka? I saw the game for $2.49, but the Magicka Collection is only $7.49. Are either worth it? Are they "okay" games that get put away quickly? The game looks fun, but trailers can be deceiving...

The game is very fun. Try the demo.

IMO, the only DLC that's worth it is Vietnam.

The game is very fun. Try the demo.

IMO, the only DLC that's worth it is Vietnam.
I just played the demo and wasn't impressed or disappointed. Think I'll pass on the game. Thanks for giving me some information.

If anyone ends up with a spare Dead Island please let me know I want a copy for my friend.

Bought a second copy of Trine 2 (bought the first copy for myself on the flash deal or whatever it was, then my GF said "Oooh that looks fun" so I got a second copy today). :D

I know a lot of people enjoyed Darkness II. I played (but didn't finish) the first one on consoles and am glad to see the second one was brought to PC.

I'll participate in a 4-pack of this as well, if anyone wants to. Works out to $9.37 per copy. OTOH, it might be $7.50 or even $5 during the holiday sales so I can go either way on this one. Plenty to keep me busy but I'll throw in if 3 others have to have it now.
Did you get anyone else on the four pack?

I got the season pass for free with my pre-order and I was disappointed as hell in it. I say skip the DLC.
Would you mind to explain what you found disappointing with the Season Pass?

Would you mind to explain what you found disappointing with the Season Pass?

Despite having some good jokes in a few of them the DLCs were mostly short and at times felt like they were trying too hard to be funny and wink at the audience with references.

Just added serious sam 3 to max payne 3.Should be enough blood and guts to last me a few days.:D

Last edited:
Kept doing this when I tried to vote for Bastion. I tried 4 or 5 times. As soon as I tried voting for Terraria instead it worked immediately. Totally not rigged at all...

It's not rigged, it's just bugged. Proof: Bastion won.
Your vote just happened to work when you chose Terraria. Mine eventually worked on Bastion but it took a ton of trying. Same thing with the current round of voting.

"Four Packs" must be purchased for your own account. Once you've completed your transaction, you'll be able to give your three extra copies of the game to friends using the Steam client.

If you'd like to purchase any other games as gifts, please do so in a separate transaction.

WHAT does this mean I can't buy a 4pack on one steam account and gift the pack to another account?
wtf?

To buy the Hitman pack or not to buy the Hitman pack that is the question. Its hard to pass up 3 games for $6.24, plus the new one coming out later this year looks badass.

To buy the Hitman pack or not to buy the Hitman pack that is the question. Its hard to pass up 3 games for $6.24, plus the new one coming out later this year looks badass.

I've played all the Hitman games. Personally, I think only Blood Money is worth it.

Back