Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

$40 though? I don't really care about playing it online, and I never played any DoW games. I do like CoH, but I don't play it often. I'm thinking about just getting the basic game for $13. If it turns out to be a game I love, I can always pick up the additional content in the next sale.

FWIW, my wife checked out Skyrim. Looks like she's interested. So we're both going to get it. Now I have to figure out if I want to get Skyrim for $30, or the collection for $50 since neither of us have ever played any of those games.

Fallout New Vegas is awesome. I would totally recommend that if you have not played it. I haven't played any of the DLC, just the 360 version and am waiting for it to drop a bit more, but I'd probably say it will drop to at least $20 for the ultimate version, hopefully $15 or 10.

boohooo!

i like to get insight from my fellow H . If you cant stand it , dont read it.

:rolleyes:

Hense why I said.. we need a massive thread.. For people like you.. So we don't get floods of msgs asking.... is this 2$ game worth it..

I am definitely in.

Sweet.

Dead Island 4 Pack:

1. Imyourzero
2. YamahaAlex37
3. piscian18
4. COMPPRO2K7

Let's make this happen before it goes back up, folks. A little over $7.50 per copy if 2 more people commit in the next few hours.

Last edited:
Sweet.

Dead Island 4 Pack:

1. Imyourzero
2. YamahaAlex37
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Let's make this happen before it goes back up, folks. A little over $7.50 per copy if 2 more people commit in the next few hours.

I'm in

I've already spent so much on this Summer Sale =( I hate you Steam.... but I love you :eek:

i recommend tribes ascen for anyone else whos played tribes or tribes 2, the whole inertial projectile experiance that we have allows us to kickass in that game.

tiny and big:grandpa's leftovers seems overshadowed by quantum conundrum and grimrock, never heard of it until now lol... i'm voting conundrum though.

On future 4packs as long as you can cover it I always just go ahead and pick it up. I always find someone to buy one even after the sale. Lame thing is, though I'm not naming names theres somebody on here who buys all the packs and then up charges after the sale. Not cool.

Edit: looks like you got a 4th.

YamahaAlex37 said:
I am definitely in.

piscian18 said:

im in as well

Alright guys. I'm going to go ahead and buy the pack.

CP2K7, you and piscian can go ahead and PM me for payment details...Alex is offline atm but I'll send him a PM. If by some chance he posted drunkenly tonight and doesn't want it in the morning, I'm sure it won't be a problem to offload it. :D

Alright guys. I'm going to go ahead and buy the pack.

CP2K7, you and piscian can go ahead and PM me for payment details...Alex is offline atm but I'll send him a PM. If by some chance he posted drunkenly tonight and doesn't want it in the morning, I'm sure it won't be a problem to offload it. :D

sent pm

Batman deal is a lot sweeter than when I was considering a few months back for $30. Now it's $5 cheaper and includes Gotham City Imposters and DLC and Harley Quinns Revenge. Selling my copy of AC for 360 more than paid for this.

is the LA Noire Complete Edition worth getting at the price? the game's had my interest since its release but it seems like something you either like or don't, and I haven't kept up with its sales so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not

is the LA Noire Complete Edition worth getting at the price? the game's had my interest since its release but it seems like something you either like or don't, and I haven't kept up with its sales so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not

Do you like film Noir? Detective/Mysteries? Then Yes.

Just do NOT expect GTA, you play as a cop, you can't really go around causing chaos and things. The game is much more focused on playing that role, the whole detective part is the focus of the game, finding clues, figuring out who's lying, and questioning them are the main points of the game.

Do you like film Noir? Detective/Mysteries? Then Yes.

Just do NOT expect GTA, you play as a cop, you can't really go around causing chaos and things. The game is much more focused on playing that role, the whole detective part is the focus of the game, finding clues, figuring out who's lying, and questioning them are the main points of the game.

I must have been the only person in the world who immediately thought LA:Noire was an adventure game outright which is weird because not a single trailer ever showed any GTA like gameplay that I recall.

Zero youve been pmd.

I must have been the only person in the world who immediately thought LA:Noire was an adventure game outright which is weird because not a single trailer ever showed any GTA like gameplay that I recall.

Zero youve been pmd.

Sent, thanks!

Too be honest... I wasn't too impressed with the Arkham City DLC (although I haven't gotten to play the new Quinn expansion), I'm just not a fan of challenge map DLC. Gotham City Imposters is actually a pretty enjoyable game. It's nice not to be locked down with a set class.

All in all... If you're not interested in GCI, I'd say this pack is only worth it if you don't have Arkham Asylum GotY (great game) yet.

Interesting, thanks, you saved me some money... For a second there I was actually considering getting the Franchise pack to get all the DLC for $25 even tho I already have Batman AA GotY & Batman AC.

I'll probably just pick HQR and either Nightwing or Robin at a later date/sale, tho I'll probably have to pay regular price for it anyway since I got Batman AC for free w/a SSD.

Do you have to buy DLC at GFWL if you didn't buy the core game on Steam or is it interchangeable?

FWIW, my wife checked out Skyrim. Looks like she's interested. So we're both going to get it. Now I have to figure out if I want to get Skyrim for $30, or the collection for $50 since neither of us have ever played any of those games.

Are you interested in any of 'em beyond Fallout New Vegas? We discussed this a couple of posts back...It's probably smarter to just get Skyrim and then wait for a sale on Fallout New Vegas by itself (either now or in the future).

For instance, Fallout 3 is currently $12 for the game and all DLC released... Fallout NV is $12 by itself, $24 w/all the DLC I think, not worth paying an extra $20 to save $4 on DLC unless you intend to play it right now. It might very well be a future flash/daily deal anyway.

Interesting, thanks, you saved me some money... For a second there I was actually considering getting the Franchise pack to get all the DLC for $25 even tho I already have Batman AA GotY & Batman AC.

I'll probably just pick HQR and either Nightwing or Robin at a later date/sale, tho I'll probably have to pay regular price for it anyway since I got Batman AC for free w/a SSD.

Do you have to buy DLC at GFWL if you didn't buy the core game on Steam or is it interchangeable?

The Quinn DLC is actual story and not just challenge rooms. If you enjoy the actual normal game. More then likely you will enjoy Quinn. and for 3$.. not to shabby.

Steam gives you a key. All DLC is done via GFWL. And GFWL is on every copy of the game.. Including Steam ( For those who don't know )

Ahhh.... Batman. Now to decide, the entire thing, or just AC. AC + DLC is $20, so maybe I'll just get the pack.

The Quinn DLC is actual story and not just challenge rooms. If you enjoy the actual normal game. More then likely you will enjoy Quinn. and for 3$.. not to shabby.

Steam gives you a key. All DLC is done via GFWL. And GFWL is on every copy of the game.. Including Steam ( For those who don't know )

Ahh, and the key is used in-game? I might pick up HQR at 'least then, I knew it was an actual addition to the story, was just very unsure of whether I could buy it on Steam. If you Google anything related to Steam/GFWL/Batman you just get a million horror story threads with little to no actual info. :eek: Thanks!

Ahhh.... Batman. Now to decide, the entire thing, or just AC. AC + DLC is $20, so maybe I'll just get the pack.

See the post directly above yours and the one I quoted like two posts above that... Arkham City + all the DLC is actually $21, $3 more gets you the original Batman Arkham Asylum game (GotY edition) and the extra Impostors FPS game + some content for that. If you don't care for Impostors and/or already have Batman AA, you might as well save yourself the $3 and grab the game plus the discounted DLC (could just grab some of the DLC too since some at 'least one is just skins).

Thanks guys, just grabbed Batman AC + DLC for $13 ish. I'm also down for a Dead Island pack if anyone is looking for a group buy. Just shoot me a PM with your info and I'll send the payment.

Thanks guys, just grabbed Batman AC + DLC for $13 ish. I'm also down for a Dead Island pack if anyone is looking for a group buy. Just shoot me a PM with your info and I'll send the payment.

I'd probably be in for two copes of Dead Island if someone gets one going.

Any of y'all want any of the community vote games this round? I haven't voted yet and don't want any of them, so let me know what y'all want and I'll vote for it.

Any of y'all want any of the community vote games this round? I haven't voted yet and don't want any of them, so let me know what y'all want and I'll vote for it.

Normally, if no one asks, I ennie-minnie-miny-moe that bitch.

Quantum Conundrum looks interesting, so I voted for that. Incidentally there was a skit about it on last Thursday's GameTrailers TV.

Quantum Conundrum looks interesting, so I voted for that. Incidentally there was a skit about it on last Thursday's GameTrailers TV.

It's fun. Reminds me a lot of Portal 1, both in terms of quality, style and length.

Also, narrated by teh guy whi Played Q on Star Trek, so... I liked it a lot

Tiny & Big and Conundrum both look pretty cool. Since most likely they'll all come up as flash deals, I'm not partial to any of the three. Grimrock just doesn't seem like the kind of game I would enjoy.

Are you interested in any of 'em beyond Fallout New Vegas? We discussed this a couple of posts back...It's probably smarter to just get Skyrim and then wait for a sale on Fallout New Vegas by itself (either now or in the future).

For instance, Fallout 3 is currently $12 for the game and all DLC released... Fallout NV is $12 by itself, $24 w/all the DLC I think, not worth paying an extra $20 to save $4 on DLC unless you intend to play it right now. It might very well be a future flash/daily deal anyway.

I'm really not interested in the dev's pack. I was talking about the Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim pack for $50.

I'm really not interested in the dev's pack. I was talking about the Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim pack for $50.

I highly doubt that pack will be available any cheaper.

Morrowind was on sale once since going on Steam, I missed it. Morrowind and Oblivion are 11.50 a piece, and they might ***might*** go to 7.50 if we're super lucky, but then you miss Skyrim at <$30.

So all in all, $50 is a good price.

I highly doubt that pack will be available any cheaper.

Morrowind was on sale once since going on Steam, I missed it. Morrowind and Oblivion are 11.50 a piece, and they might ***might*** go to 7.50 if we're super lucky, but then you miss Skyrim at <$30.

So all in all, $50 is a good price.

That's good to know. I'm going to go for Skyrim by itself. If Morrowind and Oblivion are only $11.50 normally, I can pick them up one at a time as I finish the other games (if I ever do).

That's good to know. I'm going to go for Skyrim by itself. If Morrowind and Oblivion are only $11.50 normally, I can pick them up one at a time as I finish the other games (if I ever do).

No, they're $20 normally, on sale for 11.50.

40% off.

OH. That's different. Hmmm.

Yeah, sorry about that.

They're both good games. Oblivion's the worst of the 3, IMO. I have about 60 hours in that one. 400+ in Morrowind. And 100 in Skyrim, it'd be more for Skyrim, but, I got sidetracked with Diablo 3, Minecraft, and Max Payne 3.

Tiny & Big and Conundrum both look pretty cool. Since most likely they'll all come up as flash deals, I'm not partial to any of the three. Grimrock just doesn't seem like the kind of game I would enjoy.

I didn't think I'd enjoy Grimrock either, but I bought it anyway on a whim on the first day because it got such good reviews. I loaded it up and played, and it is stupid fun. I'd recommend giving it a shot. If it comes back up for five bucks or something. Easily worth that five dollars, imho.

Back