Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

So here's a question: If the games that were listed on the community poll don't get chosen, is it likely we'll see them as a daily deal? I'd like to pick up The Witcher 2 but it didn't get chosen, and I have a feeling Rage won't get chosen, either.

I am guessing that all the games will be seen during one of the daily deals, but I think the poll just allows people to buy those games at an earlier date. There are around 10 days of deals with 9 a day (plus flash deals), so I am going to assume we will see many of those titles repeated.

What's up with this Tomb Raider flash deal? Which of those is the better one, if there's one, all seem to have reviewed well...

Tomb Raider Anniversary is great. I haven't played the rest, but Anniversary is a remake of the original and I would highly recommend it if you liked the first few Tomb Raiders. I am planning on buying at least Underworld, and possibly Legend and GoL.

is it me or has steam just been getting hammered the past 24 hours? making it kinda hard to browse and purchase stuff.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of light is not really a Tomb Raider game, per se. It's easily my favourite game of the series however, because of its fantastic integrated coop and strong gameplay combo of puzzles and action complete with unlockable items and "High Scores". EASILY a buy under 10 bucks, and get all the DLC as well.

I bit.

$10.19 Got Sonic Generations
$9.99 Indie bundle 2
$9.99 Trine Bundle (Summer 2012)

5million people making serial purchases will do that, lol.

yeah i figured as much. just making sure it wasnt my connection which has been a bit finicky lately. i recall not having any issue with the last winter sale. guess ill keep trying.

So far:

Half-Life: Source
Total War: Shogun (someone owed me 7.50)
Hard Reset

Already picked up Max Payne 3 through Amazon's sale.

Sonic Generations, The Binding of Isaac (and Wrath of the Lamb) and Max Payne are all worth the asking prices, if you're looking to bite.

What is a good price point for Crysis 2?

I'd say 7-8$
8$ on amazon
Gah, I want to play some DayZ, but as soon as I buy ARMA II: CO I know it will go on special for like $12....

Will this activate on Steam?
http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-403...ie=UTF8&qid=1342209577&sr=8-1&keywords=arma+2

I bet it will come down a little but not too much as dayz is causing the supply and demand price hike...Probably 25% will be the biggest drop in price
Think you will be able to add it to steam but it will not auto update patch like steam games..you will only be able to launch it from steam...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone interested in a group buy on a 4 pack of SSF4AE?

Yeah I'm down.

Also if anyone is getting payday I'll play with you and show you the ropes it's tough game. Piscian18 on steam

Last edited:
I was considering Anno 2070... and I guess I should have jumped on it when I could. They must have goofed on the price, because the bundle with all the DLC was $25 (same as just the base game)... but it's since been changed to $30.

my god my wallet can't take it anymore! Just bought max payne 3, saints row third, payday heist, portal 2

I was considering Anno 2070... and I guess I should have jumped on it when I could. They must have goofed on the price, because the bundle with all the DLC was $25 (same as just the base game)... but it's since been changed to $30.
Yea, I bit when I saw that. Glad I did!:D

Damn maybe shouldn't have bought MP3 yesterday for $40 for it to drop the next day to $30.

Oh well takes the last thing off my wish list. Maybe if Arma 2 drops more I may bite to give Day Z a try.

Damn maybe shouldn't have bought MP3 yesterday for $40 for it to drop the next day to $30.

Oh well takes the last thing off my wish list. Maybe if Arma 2 drops more I may bite to give Day Z a try.

If you are considering buying basically anything that's not a daily deal... wait it out. If it doesn't end up cheaper, you can still buy it the last day.

New Flash deal is 75% off half life. I picked up episode 2 and half life anthology for $5.73.

Is Half Life: Source worth $2.50? Kind of interested, but unsure if it's actually a good remake or not...

No idea why you wouldn't already have the Half-Life series, but $10 for all of them is a great deal.

New Flash deal is 75% off half life. I picked up episode 2 and half life anthology for $5.73.

Is Half Life: Source worth $2.50? Kind of interested, but unsure if it's actually a good remake or not...

It's not a remake. It's the original game just ported to the source engine. A few things look better, namely water and lighting, but thats about it. All the models, textures, etc. are unchanged.

If I were you, I'd not get it. The Black Mesa mod will be done... eventually... just sit tight for that.

Anybody know if Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack is worth it (I know the game is free)? I used to play Tribes 1 back in the dinosaur days when 56k modems rule the earth LOL but would like someones opinion on this :)

Anybody know if Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack is worth it (I know the game is free)? I used to play Tribes 1 back in the dinosaur days when 56k modems rule the earth LOL but would like someones opinion on this :)

It's worth it to get the 50% boost and the gold. If you're new to the game the rest of the stuff is just bonus.

You should go read the tribes thread in the games forum to see about how to spend the gold wisely. It's been discussed fairly recently. It boils down to saving it for daily deals more or less...because the stuff is fairly costly in gold if you buy full price. Unlocking classes with gold is kind of a waste as well. But like I said class unlocks and what not are just bonus with the discount on the gold and the perm 50% xp bonus (which makes a big difference...if you're going to pay money to the game do it sooner so you can get this bonus and earn more xp earlier.).

Anyone interested in a group buy on a 4 pack of SSF4AE?

I'm taking this over as were running out of time on this deal. I'm buying the 4pack as I type.

pm'd to reserve. Heats piscian18 fyi

1. Piscian18

Broke the golden rule and bought HL2 Ep. 1&2 yesterday for $8, would've been $4 today... :p Didn't think those oldies would be seeing a flash discount but I guess nothing's off the table!

It's worth it to get the 50% boost and the gold. If you're new to the game the rest of the stuff is just bonus.

You should go read the tribes thread in the games forum to see about how to spend the gold wisely. It's been discussed fairly recently. It boils down to saving it for daily deals more or less...because the stuff is fairly costly in gold if you buy full price. Unlocking classes with gold is kind of a waste as well. But like I said class unlocks and what not are just bonus with the discount on the gold and the perm 50% xp bonus (which makes a big difference...if you're going to pay money to the game do it sooner so you can get this bonus and earn more xp earlier.).

Awesome thanks for the info I just bought it :D sticking to my 5.00 dollar rule during this sale

Thanks for the heads up. Bought the complete pack for $10.

SFIV group

1. Piscian18
2. BETA.
3.Officer
4.Sparkle

All gone just waiting officer to pay.

Last edited:
I'd say 7-8$
8$ on amazon

I bet it will come down a little but not too much as dayz is causing the supply and demand price hike...Probably 25% will be the biggest drop in price
Think you will be able to add it to steam but it will not auto update patch like steam games..you will only be able to launch it from steam...

ArmA II is one of those games best not used with Steam. Steam uses much needed system resources and auto updates, often destroying mod compatibility and I doubt you can use the beta patches with the Steam version.

Get it from Amazon or similar.

Glad that BIS is getting more revenue out of ArmA II, though I hope they don't jump ship soon and make yet another zombie game to please the mainstream gamer.

Back