Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

does anyone know if you can fight with 4 players locally (single computer) on super street fighter 4? Its on a flash deal now.

I've bought games on Steam's site from my phone/tablet just fine (both Android, stock browser, Gingerbread & ICS), I've yet to install the app tho I probably should. I think one day I had trouble getting it to accept Paypal payment (the pop-up window/tab wouldn't authenticate back to the main one) so I just had to use the CC I had on file. Other than that it should work though.

I've tried Steam app, android browser, and firefox on android. I even tried switching to the desktop site on both browsers also but the drop downs are non-functioning on both at that point.

I've got a text out hoping a friend can just gift it to me and I'll cut him a check next time I see him.

Either that or I'm $10 richer.

Yah, if I didn't already have CoH and Metro I'd probably pick it up for SR3, TQ, STALKER, and the WH games... None of those interest me a ton but it still seems like a good value. I'll probably pick up Darksiders for $5 tho, doesn't look like it was a super hit on consoles but it seems well liked here...

Darksider didn't have a *great* story, but if you like the "run around and beat on stuff with various weapons" type of game, I thought it was decent; especially for $5. I thought Devil May Cry 4 was a *MUCH* better game, both in story and just general playability.

Stalker has a good idea, but it has it's bugs and issues. Some are fixed with the Stalker Complete pack but after a while you notice some issues with it just get to you. At least they did me.

TQ is still a very fun replayable game; especially if you have a friend or two to play with.

I've bought games on Steam's site from my phone/tablet just fine (both Android, stock browser, Gingerbread & ICS), I've yet to install the app tho I probably should. I think one day I had trouble getting it to accept Paypal payment (the pop-up window/tab wouldn't authenticate back to the main one) so I just had to use the CC I had on file. Other than that it should work though.

I was being facetious ;)
Using the browser on his phone (instead of the app) is probably the easiest way to solve his issue. *edit* or not..

Cleared the cache a 2nd time and was able to get the order through on the desktop version of the site through the regular Android browser. Mobile still didn't work though.

Now, here's hoping DXHR goes on sale again :mad:

I do, but I'm at work, so my phone is all I've got for the next 7+ hours. Google doesn't seem to have an answer either. It would appear I'm missing some sort of drop down box, but I've reloaded the page and still nothing.

You could try and reinstall the app. You aren't using the works wifi by chance are you?

FYI there are achievements for this sale, mostly for voting. Go to your profile page.

Will we actually get anything out of them though? I see that we earn the achievement for completing 3 badges, but will we get coupons, free games, etc for completing them? I have seen very little on the subject...

New deals are really bad. Well, I have like 3 of them and the rest are pretty meh and a little on the expensive side... Tomb Raider collection is on a flash deal though, and they seem to be pretty good recently...

Daily Deals: 7/13
Sonic Generations: $10.19
Binding of Isaac: $1.24
Max Payne 3: $29.99
Indie Bundle 2: $9.99
-Botanicula
-E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
-Oil Rush
-Splice
-Universe Sandbox
From Dust: $3.74
Anno 2070: $24.99
Tribes Ascend Starter Pack: $4.99
Warhammer Space Marine: $7.49
Payday the Heist: $4.99

From Dust is worth it at that price. I highly suggest it.
Also, Sonic Generations is respectable, just make sure you have a controller.

Opinions on Anno 2070?

Horrible deal on Anno. It's been 50% something like 20 times already. Come on Ubisoft give a GOOD deal on the damn thing.

Son of a bitch, I just paid $10 for the Tribes starter pack like two weeks ago... :mad:

Binding of Issac is a great game if you don't already have it. Get the bundle with the new DLC for like $2.23.

how's sonic generations? just watching the trailer has me ready to buy it :p

Very decent. Basically, it's two games in one. You have to beat each level in 3d as modern sonic, and as a side scroller as old school sonic, working your way through iconic levels from each game, and then completing challenges in each level to unlock the next.

Graphics are really well done too. Worth it imho.

From Dust is calling my name. Trailer looks cool. Reminds me of Black and White with better graphics.

how's sonic generations? just watching the trailer has me ready to buy it :p

Demo was fun, was hoping it was more like $7.50 for me.

Space marine worth 7.50? Gameplay videos look okay....

I liked it, but I paid like $12 for it. The controls are kind of clunky, even using the 360 controller, but it is pretty fun if you just want a linear game to grind through some orcs with different weapons and combat types. The story and graphics aren't awful, and if you like the third person shooter aspect it's a good buy.

Really good. One of the best Sonic games in years. Wait. No. THE best Sonic game in years.

probably one of the best newer sonic games, if you like the old ones you'll e njoy it.

Very decent. Basically, it's two games in one. You have to beat each level in 3d as modern sonic, and as a side scroller as old school sonic, working your way through iconic levels from each game, and then completing challenges in each level to unlock the next.

Graphics are really well done too. Worth it imho.

that's all i needed to hear! just picked it up :D

GRAW 2 for $2.50. A good game. Yes, it lacks some in the tactical and realism departments but overall I would consider it a lighter tactical shooter that is worth trying. There are some weapon mods as well as a mod which removes the futuristic junk as well.

Anno 2070 still much too high, too bad, would have picked up that one.

Waiting on next offers...

Steam Android app makes it almost too easy to purchase, just a warning for people... ;)

Space marine worth 7.50? Gameplay videos look okay....

I rather enjoyed the demo - picked it up on the Amazon sale a couple weeks ago for the same price. Haven't installed yet. For $7.50, I'd say go for it.

Gonna pick up Sonic Generations. I think that's it for today.

Another vote for Space Marine for those on the fence about it. Well worth the $7.50 for the single player experience.

Every time I add another item to my cart the last one disappears. I guess the hammering is still going on. :)

I'll most likely go for Sonic, the screenshots look awesome...LOL..

How is payday FPS? worth $5?

so many great deals however i spend so much on the first deal of steam and never played the old games over. i bought so many collection packs first time too and they keep expanding it for same price.

Kind of sucks I bought so many games early on. Maybe one day I will buy the collections over again.

I'll most likely go for Sonic, the screenshots look awesome...LOL..

How is payday FPS? worth $5?

Payday is fun if you play with people, the only thing is that the shooting lacks a "feel" though, so despite that you're mowing down enemies, you don't really notice it. Its definitely a lot of fun though if you can play with a group of friends.

Think I'm going to pick up the Tribes: Ascends starter pack and Super Street Fighter IV

voted for revelations... my wallet hates steam tho.

Edit: I got payday. add me on steam: Zoson
One of my friends suggested I pick it up and play with him too.
Seems like borderlands but set heist style... sounds like fun!

Last edited:
[L]imey;1038932993 said:
Also interested to know whether Payday is worth the 5? is there an active community?

I don't know about the community, but it has co-op and it is a fairly decent game even in single-player IMO. Worth $5.

voted for revelations... my wallet hates steam tho.

Edit: I got payday. add me on steam: Zoson
One of my friends suggested I pick it up and play with him too.
Seems like borderlands but set heist style... sounds like fun!

Hit me up on Payday tonight. I am willing to help everyone out who is starting out. Steam Name: [H]awkeye

So here's a question: If the games that were listed on the community poll don't get chosen, is it likely we'll see them as a daily deal? I'd like to pick up The Witcher 2 but it didn't get chosen, and I have a feeling Rage won't get chosen, either.

Worms Reloaded is totally worth the $5 if you want a simple to play but hilariously devious party game to play with a couple of buddies in the same room. It's been a while since I've bought a version of it so I might pick it up (actually I bought an Android version recently, ehh, whatever).

What's up with this Tomb Raider flash deal? Which of those is the better one, if there's one, all seem to have reviewed well... More importantly, why the hell isn't there a complete pack of any kind?! Edit: I know it's only $13.70 for all 4 after the 75% discounts but c'mon, add it up for me and knock another two bucks off to make it more attractive as an impulse buy! :p (and I'm not posting in the 3rd person~)

Edit: Hmm, I see TR GoL was a downloadable game from the get go and it's Portal 2-esque in that it hinges on the co-op aspect...

Last edited:
Today's Deals are alright...

Anno 2070 is cool if anyone is interested... I played it for a few hours, but still kinda high

MP3 at $30 is decent but not enough for me to bite. By the time I would get around to playing it, it will probably retail for $30...

Back