Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Thanks for the help guys...my wife is over my shoulder watching my every click. Oh well, I'll have plenty of games to enjoy from the couch all night :)

In for Terraria today. I have no interest in Saints Row, and I already own Batman, so bring on The Witcher 2!

Good thing I'm leaving tomorrow for officer training in South Dakota for the next 2 weeks... The last thing I need is another Steam sale to leech funds out of my wallet!! :D

They need to setup something where you can "refresh" your previously purchased packs for a fraction of the cost (dependant on what your missing).

That bethesda pack is a good deal for people that missed New Vegas and haven't bought Skyrim yet. Brink blows though.

Expect MP3 to go on daily/flash. It's in a pack, at least. I got it from Amazon for 30, beat it already but loved it. I might just play it again.

I just want to make sure Im not missing it.

Is there a giveaway/prize/whatever going on with this event like with the others in the past? I haven't seen it, but some have been a little off or hidden in the past if you weren't paying attention to anything but the deals. It's nice when they have them, but just making sure I am not missing it.

Everything that's not on the main page is a GENERAL SALE, meaning it might be discounted further later.

For the love of God people. If you see a game you want, wait for it to go on a daily deal. If it does not, buy it last day. Don't know why people keep complaining on certain titles not having a good enough discount. Just wait for the daily deal!

So if I've never played Fallout or Skyrim, is the Bethesda pack worth it? I know Brink is awful, but nothing saying I have to install every game in the pack.

So if I've never played Fallout or Skyrim, is the Bethesda pack worth it? I know Brink is awful, but nothing saying I have to install every game in the pack.

If you enjoy those kinds of games, definitely worth it I'd say.

Does it need to? It's a great game for less than a large value meal at Mcdonalds. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think I paid $10 for it and that was an excellent deal. It might eventually hit $5 but it's honestly worth way more than that.

Is it weird that I want Morrowind to go on sale so I can have a fourth copy and finally on Steam?

For the love of God people. If you see a game you want, wait for it to go on a daily deal. If it does not, buy it last day. Don't know why people keep complaining on certain titles not having a good enough discount. Just wait for the daily deal!

Only one or two people in this thread made mention of prices. The entire thread isn't doing that. Calm down, buddy. :cool:

just picked up the Deus Ex Collection :D i actually cant wait to play the original Deus Ex (started the series with HR) with some of the graphics mods and The Nameless Mod :)

Anyone doing Terraria multipack? figured for 1.87 a copy couldnt go wrong.

If anyone is doing it, let me know.

Hot damn, finally caught SpaceChem on sale.

DE:HR for $7.49 is a steal.

Here's to the vain hope for Torchlight 2 deals. ;) I'd consider Diablo 3 since people seem to like it, but I'm thinking it will wait until the Christmas deals or longer.

Is it weird that I want Morrowind to go on sale so I can have a fourth copy and finally on Steam?

It's a measure of, or rather, a testament to your devotion to one of the greatest games of all time :D

Some other cool games you guys might be interested in are on sale as well:
Orange Box: $10
NFS Undercover: $5. Bought it few years a go and it ran like shit on a gaming computer. Sold it right away. Just bought it again in hopes that they worked out the bugs.

All Crysis games are finally....finally made it to steam. All are 50% off

Good news from mycrysis forum:

"Hi all,
I'm pleased to announce that with the recent revealing of Crysis 3, and lots of people deciding to dust off their old Crysis 1 disks, we have increased the activation limit on Crysis 1 and Warhead from 5 to 50!
So if you were one of the unlucky few that hit the installation cap and stopped playing, now is your chance to re-install and jump back into the frey and kick some ass, vintage Nanosuit style.
Troubleshooting: If you have any issues re-activating your copy of Crysis/Warhead, please get in contact with EA support who can be found here; https://help.ea.com"

50...Yay! I hope it applies to Steam version as well. Anyone know?

Last edited:
I have never seen the Enhanced Edition that low.

Well, no... that's because they raised the price back up to $50 when the enhanced edition came out (and probably haven't done a sale since). However, all copies sold before it's release were patched up to the enhanced edition... so a sale done before it came out would get you the same thing for cheaper... not that anyone would have known it at the time :p

Everything that's not on the main page is a GENERAL SALE, meaning it might be discounted further later.

For us Steam noobs... Are you saying that anything not on the main page will remain on sale at the current discount until the "Summer Sale" ends? We won't miss out on it if we wait until the last day of the sale?

For us Steam noobs... Are you saying that anything not on the main page will remain on sale at the current discount until the "Summer Sale" ends? We won't miss out on it if we wait until the last day of the sale?

Todays Deals and Flash Deal have a time limit that if you click on it will give you a time in hrs:mins:sec till its over. Everything else If you click on will tell you its on sell till July 23rd

It ridiculous when people say this about sales. Just because what YOU want isn't dirt cheap, yet, doesn't mean the sale is underwhelming. :rolleyes:

Well, I think his point may have been that many of these titles have been these prices or lower in the past already. Of course, we have to wait for the daily deals, but even those today aren't that special (many, again, have been just as cheap previously).

Anyone think the deal on Bethesda Collection is awesome?? $49.99 for:
I was wanting Skyrim, but i think I would also like fallout and Brink! Hard to pass up for 49.99!

If you don't have either Skyrim or Fallout...it is worth it! Great long games :)

Back