Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

CEpeep

Supreme [H]ardness
Really hoping Krater gets picked for the next sale... I missed it when it was on sale earlier and my friend keeps telling me how awesome it is.

EPOQ

[H]ard|Gawd
Really hoping Krater gets picked for the next sale... I missed it when it was on sale earlier and my friend keeps telling me how awesome it is.

Yeah I'd probably pick it up half off. I've read mixed reviews so I definitely wouldn't pay full price just because there seem to be some glaring issues with the game. I havent checked lately to see if any patches had been applied or changes made to the game regarding some of the complaints I've read on the forums.

PnkPwrRngr

Gawd
I was out of town this weekend without internet (I was almost committed to a mental hospital :p) so I missed the Dead Island daily deal.

Anyone have a part of a 4-pack that they would want to sell me?

yacoub35

Gawd
They really need to upgrade their servers, this is crazy. Can't vote, can't even load the Steam home screen, and it's not even a peak time.

MavericK

Zero Cool
They really need to upgrade their servers, this is crazy. Can't vote, can't even load the Steam home screen, and it's not even a peak time.

To be fair, this is the only time in the last few days that I've had trouble with the site.

But yeah, you would think they could anticipate the load better than this. It's not like Steam is some new and upcoming thing... :p

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
It's still absurd that they have securom on steam. It's been patched out for everyone else.

Pirates get past it in minutes. I fail to see the point beyond annoying the paying customers.
I will not disagree with you.

Why is this misinformation still around? Valve removed Crysis 2 not EA. It was removed due to Valve's DLC policies that were implemented AFTER Crysis 2 and DA2 were put on Steam. DLC policies which, mind you, are built entirely around making Valve more money and forcing developers and publishers to use them as a middle-man. The GOTY/Maximum edition is on Steam as there will be no DLC for it.
It is my understanding it is because all DLC is included and distributed though Steam more so than there being no future DLC for the game.

Derangel

Fully [H]
It is my understanding it is because all DLC is included and distributed though Steam more so than there being no future DLC for the game.

Well yeah that too. I should have added "since it includes all the DLC" to the end of that.

BETA.

2[H]4U
I'm a little surprised that Batman won, I really thought Witcher would have.

Voting for Krater, though I bought it directly from the developer for $11.99 for CE. If it wins it'll be $9.99. $3.99 for EYE is cheap enough.

MavericK

Zero Cool

Voting for Krater, though I bought it directly from the developer for $11.99 for CE. If it wins it'll be $9.99.

Agreed about Witcher 2, I was hoping to see that. Probably it'll be a Daily Deal though, anyway.

Might grab Krater.

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
I was hoping the Witcher 2 would have won. I'm guessing the discount percentage influences people's choice at least as much as the game itself.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Huge "Meh" from me for today's Daily Deals.

Though one square says the game is "not available in your region". :confused:

MavericK

Zero Cool
Took the words right out of my mouth. Though GTA4 is a good deal if you haven't played it before.

Yeah, to be fair Company of Heroes and LIMBO are both good games and good deals as well, but I already have 'em all, and the rest of the deals are "meh" (seriously, Spec Ops: The Line for $34? Wasn't it like $25 on Amazon a couple weeks ago?)

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
Fwiw, Spec ops is a very decent game. I have to say, it's one of the first games to make you pretty uncomfortable about your main character's actions. I also have every much enjoyed the art direction.

YamahaAlex37

[H]ard|Gawd
Amazon had better deals on Binary Domain and Spec Ops: The Line.

Yup, and Max Payne 3. And the same or better prices for every game in the sale so far have been at Amazon, GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Steam is getting a lot of undeserved attention.

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
how is the performance? I'm running 2500k/GTX570/8GB

I played it on 360 years ago since I didn't have a PC capable of running it at the time. From what I understand, out of the box the game isn't hard to run anymore, but if you add in a bunch of the texture mods it can be fairly rough.

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
Best deal so far has been The Stronghold Collection for 1.79 bought it right before they fix the price ;):p

Mr_Wrong

Limp Gawd
Yup, and Max Payne 3. And the same or better prices for every game in the sale so far have been at Amazon, GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Steam is getting a lot of undeserved attention.

When did Amazon have a better deal on Max Payne 3? They had it on sale for 29.99 the same as steam did. I will agree they have had better deals on other games but not Max Payne.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
I played it on 360 years ago since I didn't have a PC capable of running it at the time. From what I understand, out of the box the game isn't hard to run anymore, but if you add in a bunch of the texture mods it can be fairly rough.

I'll vouch for that; I remember running the game smoothly on a Q6600/8800GT and then an i7 920/GTX 260. It ran a bit better on the latter setup of course, but was entirely playable on the first one which is vastly behind TheToE!'s rig.

Nvidia_ATI

Limp Gawd
No CoD Black Ops for me. I've determined that I will not buy a CoD game until it hits $10 because they have crappy short single player campaigns. That means I might never get one ...

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
Hi, Duke. Yes I know...no..no..be positive. I'm certain someone will buy you today.

seigejet

Limp Gawd

Slightly apples to oranges. GMG, Gamersgate, etc. originate outside the U.S., which as far as I'm aware, why they are an exception to discount pricematching.

Bankie

[H]ard|Gawd
When did Amazon have a better deal on Max Payne 3? They had it on sale for 29.99 the same as steam did. I will agree they have had better deals on other games but not Max Payne.

They had it for $25 all last week.

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
Nothing like buying games while at work. Come home from work to realize you don't have time to play the games you bought.

TheToE!

[H] Brewmaster
I'll vouch for that; I remember running the game smoothly on a Q6600/8800GT and then an i7 920/GTX 260. It ran a bit better on the latter setup of course, but was entirely playable on the first one which is vastly behind TheToE!'s rig.

Cool, thanks guys. I bit on it and costume quest lol.

EPOQ

[H]ard|Gawd
Nothing like buying games while at work. Come home from work to realize you don't have time to play the games you bought.

I'm with you on this 100%. Backlog is starting to get out of control. It's even worse when I spend a significant amount of cash buying new parts and don't even get time to install/test them until days later.