Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

just picked up Dear Esther with the soundtrack, can't wait to play it after i finish LA Noire :)

Was Dead Island worth buying at $11.99. Not sure if it's worth it and how replayable the game is. After all, I hardly play Left for Dead 1 or 2.

It's not really a L4D kind of game. Honestly to me it felt more like buggier version of Borderlands with a focus on melee combat and zombies. I got it for somewhere around $30-40 and kinda felt ripped off. It's not a terrible game but it had a ton of problems on launch and even now it's not amazing.

For ~$10 I'd say it's worth it, especially if you can find friends for co-op.

DS2 was better on those counts, but some of the thriller aspect was gone out of it. I had a better idea when I was going to be ambushed and how.

I agree, DS1 just seemed too lack enough of a story to drive you going door to door. You realize there *is* a story going on, but overall it was a lot of "find the key to open this door"; whereas in the second I felt like I knew *why* I had to open the door. Either way, I think we're arguing semantics here; both are great games well worth the $5ea

Mirror's Edge and Beyond Good and Evil are up for vote. ftw!

I voted for BGE. I was warned against Mirror's Edge and bought it last year for $5; was at best a $5 game. I thought it was going to be more parkour with guns. Instead, it's you running from people *with* guns. That may be your thing, but I often couldn't get the "flow" of the level so I'd spend too much time running in circles to find the right thing to jump over, etc. Good concept (I mean, I bought it didn't I?), but was ultimately poorly executed. Thankfully, it wasn't an overly long game.

So far only $10 spent on Trine 2 and Dead Island

Rage at $10?

I'll wait.

I think I'll pick it up. I would have liked to see 75% off but this is probably as good as it's going to get any time soon.

Also, RAGE is not $9.99 as posted in the OP. It's $10.19.

Darn it, I hate you Steam! All these sales are killing my wallet :( I finally bit on FO3 GOTY. My reasoning was there is a risk it will not work on my Windows 7 x64 system. Better to waste $5 than $15 for the physical copy in case it does not work. I had to justify my purchase somehow! :D I will continue my stoic resistance to purchasing FO: NV

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904

That may help with issues you run into; worth trying at least. I was going to bite on it, but I already have a backlog to work through.

I think I'll pick it up. I would have liked to see 75% off but this is probably as good as it's going to get any time soon.

That's still 10 dollars. :p

If you pick it up, let us know your opinion on it.

I know, I was just pointing out that the OP put RAGE as being $9.99, which is not quite correct. :p

And I will when I get around to playing it. :p

Wish they'd fix their fucking Android app. Still can't buy anything because it keeps saying to enter a state or province. 3 days now.

Meh, just bought it for $13 on amazon. But steam doesn't authorize for me here in Germany, so w/e. I enjoyed it at my cousins house though.

Wait, what? RAGE was 66% off at $10.19 for me a minute ago, now it's 67% off at $9.99. Lol?

If you look at the OP's screencap, it's 66% off at $10.19.

I got the physical disk for $8 from Newegg last month. It had awful reviews but I figured for $8, I will not lose too much. I looked at the gameplay videos on Youtube and it did not look as terrible as all the reviews say ...

Wait, what? RAGE was 66% off at $10.19 for me a minute ago, now it's 67% off at $9.99. Lol?

If you look at the OP's screencap, it's 66% off at $10.19.

Here in Germany its 17 euros lol, ripoff much?

In for F.3.A.R. today. Hopefully that's all ;)

I'm sure you realize that is never going to be true ;) These Steam sales are perfectly designed to rape our wallets, and I am helpless to prevent it!

I have physical disks for all the previous versions of the game so I'll wait until the physical disk for F.3.A.R. drops to <$10 before I bite. I have a backlog of games to keep me busy for the next year :D

Think I'm gonna grab Dear Esther and AC Brotherhood. Is AOE 3 worth it? Love the 1st one when I was a kid.

I know, I was just pointing out that the OP put RAGE as being $9.99, which is not quite correct. :p

And I will when I get around to playing it. :p

what are u talking about? it's 9.99 go have a look:rolleyes:
2m5cbiu.png

has anyone played the coop campaign in FEAR 3? a friend and i are thinking of picking it up, maybe even the collection, but the coop is one of the main reasons for us buying it, and after sniper elite v2 we want to make sure that the coop campaign is actually more enjoyable than going through in singleplayer

what are u talking about? it's 9.99 go have a look:rolleyes:

Lol, what? You edited the post and changed the picture and are now rolling your eyes at me?

Your original screencap said $10.19. Don't be insolent. :rolleyes:

So far :

Portal 2 (for form)
Alan Wake pack
Bastion
Tropico 4 pack
Blades of Destiny limited
Mount & Blade pack

Passed on a bunch of stuff that were either priced too high (Anno 2070) or I figured I wouldn't get to before the Christmas sale :D

Is it that bad? For fucks sake, its 20 cents.

No, it's not. It's $9.99 now, we can move on. I just don't like being called out when the OP edited his post/screencap AFTER I posted about it, and then gives me a :rolleyes:.

At least you can login.

Mine just tells me incorrect password.

Can't do that either. Tried to buy straight off the website but keep getting Incorrect Login. Jesus this is pissing me off! Valve can't keep their shit together better than this?

Can't do that either. Tried to buy straight off the website but keep getting Incorrect Login. Jesus this is pissing me off! Valve can't keep their shit together better than this?

Apparently Steam mobile is still invite only... :(

Wish they'd fix their fucking Android app. Still can't buy anything because it keeps saying to enter a state or province. 3 days now.

That sucks...I've bought almost all my games this sale thru my Android... :/

So I finally was able to log in to the website but still can't get passed the State box on the app. Not sure why heavy traffic makes a website not recognize a password but after putting the same one in 400 times it finally let me in........now the websites down and I can't get to my cart on the website or app! This would be funny if I hadn't been trying for 3 days to buy shit. Why doesn't Steam want my money?

I've had website hiccups but nowhere near that bad, and it's never failed to accept my password.

So far:

$0 :p

Not much of interest (at these prices) to me this time. Waiting for a sale on Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters ($2.49 would be my price) just for the hell of it. Will probably end up paying full price for Black Shark 2 upgrade as there is no sale on that. Already bought BF3 Premium so I might be set.

Of course, if money was not so much of an issue that it is for me I would be buying stuff. :(

And it looks like the FO NV sale is gone. That was a great deal though I already have the game/DLC. Still only 50 hours into it myself.

Back