Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Hey, if a game is already 75% off, is it likely to become cheaper with a flash deal later on? 75% is already a big discount ...

Anyone else tired of seeing the same damn games on sale over and over again?
Lfd, warhammer, hl, super meat boy, plants vs zombies etc
anyone else wanna see some new content up for voting and in the flash sales?

We seriously need to have a massive review thread on these forums somewhere. No one can make up there own mind anymore lol ( No wonder reviewers are still in business ). Esp when there is a demo for one..

boohooo!

i like to get insight from my fellow H . If you cant stand it , dont read it.

:rolleyes:

I was waiting for a good sale on The Witcher 2, mostly because of all the talk in here, but now I see Witcher 1 for $2.50... I'm tempted to just get that instead, since I have a big back log. Good idea?

oo, didnt notice the Witcher 1 was separate for $2.50 :eek: thanks for posting that, just picked it up! and i would recommend picking up the Witcher 2 if you're on the fence about it. i got it when it came out on GOG and absolutely loved the game, i even introduced a few friends to the game who thanked me for doing so :p

anyone got a borderlands game of the year key from a 4-pack they're trying to get rid of? if so, pm please!

not big RPG fan, but I really want to give Witcher 2 EE a good try (worth $16) :) Apparently the game on "easy" is not too bad for RPG noobies... :D

Hey, if a game is already 75% off, is it likely to become cheaper with a flash deal later on? 75% is already a big discount ...
Not likely. I'm pretty sure 75% off is the highest they'll go. I've never seen discounts higher than that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Not likely. I'm pretty sure 75% off is the highest they'll go. I've never seen discounts higher than that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Haven't seen anything higher than 75% on a single game this sale, but I do know I have seen higher in past sales or daily/weekend/midweek deals.

Civ 5 complete collection is the new flash deal, and it's 82% off :)

[L]imey;1038937429 said:
Civ 5 complete collection is the new flash deal, and it's 82% off :)

Eh they should throw in the new Gods and Kings expansion into that deal and I'd be on it =\

Eh they should throw in the new Gods and Kings expansion into that deal and I'd be on it =\

No kidding. They can't call it a "Complete Collection" if it isn't complete.
:rolleyes:

Just looked and they aren't calling it a complete collection. The above poster just called it one. It is really a Civilization Collection bundle deal. So that is why it doesn't contain the Gods and Kings expansion. I'm quite sure that isn't the only thing it doesn't have but not going to look since there is so much stuff for the series.

Do the flash deals refresh all night long?
Look at the time left.... two will change at midnight central the others much later. They will all still be there in the morning though. ;)

Fray is off at 3am Central and Civ collection is off at 10am central.

Look at the time left.... two will change at midnight central the others much later. They will all still be there in the morning though. ;)

Fray is off at 3am Central and Civ collection is off at 10am central.

They need to fix the civ thing it says civ 5 so I just ignored it but then it says 82% off $24. The numbers didn't jive so I looked and saw its the entire collection which is pretty cool.

My bad on the "complete collection" reference. I've been refreshing steam and hard all day :p brain going to mush... heading to bed... hopefully more deals tomorrow.

They need to fix the civ thing it says civ 5 so I just ignored it but then it says 82% off $24. The numbers didn't jive so I looked and saw its the entire collection which is pretty cool.

Keep in mind before you purchase its not the Complete Civ Collection.

If you have a bunch of it already I would wait until its a daily or weekend deal for the actual series you need or parts you need. It seems there are only parts of 3-5 from just browsing through the contents of the package deal.

With CIV 3 being the only one that is a Complete deal in the package.

Wow, no mention of a Dead Island 4-pack buy? I searched and didn't find anything taking place.

I'm in for one if 3 others want to participate.

So they leave all the overnight flash deals up on the front page until some time in late morning?

EDIT: Oh, I see now. The counter for Civ is 10 hours. The others will change late but have 8-10 hours on the new deals.

Anyone play Payday the Heist? For $5 I might get it, but its only got like 55 minutes left.

So they leave all the overnight flash deals up on the front page until some time in late morning?

EDIT: Oh, I see now. The counter for Civ is 10 hours. The others will change late but have 8-10 hours on the new deals.

Correct. So you can go to bed and catch what happens overnight in the morning when you get up. Unless of course you sleep all morning and get up around noon. LOL :D

[F8];1038937581 said:
Anyone play Payday the Heist? For $5 I might get it, but its only got like 55 minutes left.

Doesn't look too bad, but it was released at like sub $25 to begin with. So a 75% discount off $20 I don't think is a feasible deal. I would wait and see what it does around the holiday sale or later even.

Just my opinion though.

Keep in mind before you purchase its not the Complete Civ Collection.

If you have a bunch of it already I would wait until its a daily or weekend deal for the actual series you need or parts you need. It seems there are only parts of 3-5 from just browsing through the contents of the package deal.

With CIV 3 being the only one that is a Complete deal in the package.

I noticed it seemed like it was missing dlc. since I haven't even gotten around to beating civ 4 Im in no hurry.

Oh well off to play with a hot chainsaw weilding CG cheerleader that has a head bouncing around on her arse on the 360 for a while.

Anyone has a Street Fighter IV AE left over from the Steam 4-Pack? If so please PM me.

Hmm Arkham city deal....I might just buy the game for $10 instead of the pack tho...anybody have experience with all the dlc? Worth another $15?

Or which dlc is worth it? Probably cheaper just to buy what I want separately... Gotham imposters doesn't look that great

Last edited:
Hmm Arkham city deal....I might just buy the game for $10 instead of the pack tho...anybody have experience with all the dlc? Worth another $15?

Or which dlc is worth it? Probably cheaper just to buy what I want separately... Gotham imposters doesn't look that great

Too be honest... I wasn't too impressed with the Arkham City DLC (although I haven't gotten to play the new Quinn expansion), I'm just not a fan of challenge map DLC. Gotham City Imposters is actually a pretty enjoyable game. It's nice not to be locked down with a set class.

All in all... If you're not interested in GCI, I'd say this pack is only worth it if you don't have Arkham Asylum GotY (great game) yet.

I just realize there is still 8 days left in the sale....omg my wallet needs to be locked up and my internet turned off!

That makes sense. thanks for the responses guys!

I already have regular version of SFIV. I'll pass on SFIV arcade ...

The Complete Pack. You absolutely want Retribution for online play, but the original single player and Chaos Rising are worth it if you enjoy DoW.

The game play is similar to Company of Heroes if you've ever played it, where every unit is valuable.

Edit: Retribution single player is just okay. Not bad, but not as good as the first two.

$40 though? I don't really care about playing it online, and I never played any DoW games. I do like CoH, but I don't play it often. I'm thinking about just getting the basic game for $13. If it turns out to be a game I love, I can always pick up the additional content in the next sale.

FWIW, my wife checked out Skyrim. Looks like she's interested. So we're both going to get it. Now I have to figure out if I want to get Skyrim for $30, or the collection for $50 since neither of us have ever played any of those games.

$40 though? I don't really care about playing it online, and I never played any DoW games. I do like CoH, but I don't play it often. I'm thinking about just getting the basic game for $13. If it turns out to be a game I love, I can always pick up the additional content in the next sale.

FWIW, my wife checked out Skyrim. Looks like she's interested. So we're both going to get it. Now I have to figure out if I want to get Skyrim for $30, or the collection for $50 since neither of us have ever played any of those games.

I would wait for Skyrim around the holidays. It will be much cheaper I'm sure then.

Back