Steam 2012 Christmas sale is here! runs from Dec 20- Jan 6

Even better deals today. I'm sure people will jump all over Dishonored, but stealth games aren't my thing.

Simcity is a fantastic game if a little long in the tooth graphics-wise. Too bad about how the next one is coming...

Torchlight II would battle for my 2012 GoTY, and the first Torchlight is a great game too.

Divinity II is actually a suprisingly good game that is rarely ever discussed. One recommendation though is immediately sell all DLC armor for it. It makes you way too OP'd at level 15 and breaks the game.

EDIT: Wish I'd waited for the Steam sale on DS pack and not bought on Amazon and saved some sales tax...

Last edited:
meh, $30 for dishonored is still too much...considering my backlog.

I look for it to be cheaper at some point on Steam, but even with my massive backlog it was WELL worth the $13.60 I paid @ GMG. Great game.

Simcity is a fantastic game if a little long in the tooth graphics-wise. Too bad about how the next one is coming...

In for Sim City 4. I love city sim games and there's no way in Hell I'm building another Minecraft city.

Check out Cities XL 2012, SimCity 4 came out in 2003 and is very dated at this point. I have been playing Cities XL 2012 (and also Cities XL) a bunch lately and it is really nice. The new 2012 one has a LOT of stuff in it that you can build/do/etc. I highly suggest checking it out.

SubtleOne: I meant full price for a game that is only meant for single player..I guess bc im older I dont see the value of paying full price or even half for a game that has only good single player & I will finish in a few hours..I remember when I was a kid I would buy every good nintendo game that came out & enjoy it so much that I would beat it immediately & never touch it again...As I got older I realized renting was the way to go..The only PC games I own are games that have good multiplayer..The only two console games I dont regret buying were FF7 (bc it took forever to beat lol & MGS bc it was such an awesome game & one of a kind at the time)

Check out Cities XL 2012, SimCity 4 came out in 2003 and is very dated at this point. I have been playing Cities XL 2012 (and also Cities XL) a bunch lately and it is really nice. The new 2012 one has a LOT of stuff in it that you can build/do/etc. I highly suggest checking it out.

Saw low ratings on it so I passed on it last sale. I'll check it out if it pops up as a DD. I bought SC4 when it was brand new and lost my f-king cd key a month later and only played it once.

Btw, everyone vote for VICE CITY. :D It should bring down the cost of the GTA pack.

Did I miss this DeusEx: HR for $4.99 or what cause I haven't seen that

I'm also contemplating Sim City 4. I played the original well over a decade ago. What a hoot it was. I didn't realize the SC4 is almost a decade old. Too bad Steam is charging $20 for it (now $5 during the sale). I'm surprised there isn't a score rating associated for this game on Steam. Is it b/c it's too old?

Also FWIW the Tom Clancy Franchise Pack is actually MORE EXPENSIVE than buying the games individually!

tcbund.png

Purchased Hitman Franchise for like $6.50. Besides that the only other game I know I will purchase will be Assassins Creed Franchise if it pops up for sale.

You're math must be off. the 2k pack is $90, so you'd still have another $40 if you assume $25 for each Borderlands 2 and X-Com. Although it's a fairly good deal if you have none of the games, without Borderlands 2 Season Pass the pack kind of sucks if you have some of the games, even if they are the cheap ones.

Could've swore it was $50 yesterday, hrm...

Last edited:
SubtleOne: I meant full price for a game that is only meant for single player..I guess bc im older I dont see the value of paying full price or even half for a game that has only good single player & I will finish in a few hours..I remember when I was a kid I would buy every good nintendo game that came out & enjoy it so much that I would beat it immediately & never touch it again...As I got older I realized renting was the way to go..The only PC games I own are games that have good multiplayer..The only two console games I dont regret buying were FF7 (bc it took forever to beat lol & MGS bc it was such an awesome game & one of a kind at the time)

You're painting with a very wide brush there, some of these games could be over in 8 hours, some will easily give you five times as much play time before you're done with it. For someone that admitted you haven't PC gaming in forever you're making an awful lot of generalizations. I don't know what consoles you owned either or how old you are, but some of my most cherished SNES classics took days upon days to beat...

Btw, everyone vote for VICE CITY. :D It should bring down the cost of the GTA pack.

Done. They ran a good deal on the franchise pack during the summer so hopefully they repeat it for ya.

Nothing for me today, but that's just because I already have nearly half the games on sale... Lots of good deals up there. Dishonored's tempting but I feel like it'll drop lower during a future sale before I even have the chance to play it, $30's kind of that tipping point for me... Make it $25 and they would've suckered me in. :p

Is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier worth it for $14.99? The Deluxe is $17 and some change, neither editions come with the DLC and season pass so those extra costs make this game total add up to a ballpark of ~$20.

Just picked up Borderlands 2 and Dishonored. Do either of these work in Eyefinity? I know Borderlands had crappy Eyefinity support. I'm need to know cause my laptop is nearly full and I will play them on my Eyefinity rig instead if they are supported. Thanks.

BTW, if you are getting Sim City 4, head over to simtropolis.com and dl some files. The absolute needed one if you don't get anything else is the Network Addon Mod (NAM) It totally reworks transportation and adds tons of features. Browse some city journals while you are there. I used to live on that site for a few years back around 2006 when all I played was SC4.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound very stealthy.

I got so fed up with the fully modded 10mm pistol I just said fuck it, and went full peps and stungun/mellee stun. When they failed I pulled out the explosive ammo.

I just didn't enjoy the 10mm as much as I thought I would. I love the game though, played through it 3 times.

Hoping FTL will drop a little more in price...nothing else really catches my eye right now.

Also FWIW the Tom Clancy Franchise Pack is actually MORE EXPENSIVE than buying the games individually!

tcbund.png

This always makes me laugh. I really wish the old Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six 3 (aka Raven Shield + athena sword) were cheaper, I'd like to play again but I know I still have my original discs laying around and I find it hard to justify even the $7.50 total it would cost me given all of the other awesome deals I've gotten.

Plus it would be giving money to ubisoft, and I certainly don't want to do that.

That's how I feel about Rogue Spear and similar disdain for ubisoft

No. Don't buy it unless it is a daily deal or flash sale, because odds are high that it will be cheaper than that before the sale ends.

it is a flash deal. I'm a bit disappointed the discount isn't bigger though :(

1DYTx

Terrible. Guess Valve didn't want all of our money at once.

BTW, if you are getting Sim City 4, head over to simtropolis.com and dl some files. The absolute needed one if you don't get anything else is the Network Addon Mod (NAM) It totally reworks transportation and adds tons of features. Browse some city journals while you are there. I used to live on that site for a few years back around 2006 when all I played was SC4.
I just bought SC4.

For those interested, I found the direct link for NAM that Sobek mentioned.

Back