Steam 2011 Holiday Sale is here!!

How does anyone not already own Portal and Portal 2? Those games are so good that we should be forced to install them.

For me it was a backlog. I still have a backlog but for $7.50 it was a no-brainer. I already had Portal from the Orange Box.

At the risk of being called bratty, these sales do suck so far. But it's only Day 2 so hopefully I'll see Skyrim on sale... one can dream.
Don't sweat it, being called a "spoiled brat" has never been fatal!
Signed, A Spoiled Brat. ;)

Any old time Orchestra players out there? Is this Orchestra 2 worth the $20? I was a call of duty 2, Mohaa:Spearhead junkie. Is this along the same lines, but perhaps with a little more modern graphics/gameplay?

Don't care for the new games as much...

Liquid Cool

So far I own most of what I've seen from past deals/sales... hopefully I'll get a few as the deals continue....

um today's deals aren't that great. I shoulda pulled the trigger on portal 2 yesterday. nothing good today imo

Last edited:
How does anyone not already own Portal and Portal 2? Those games are so good that we should be forced to install them.

I didn't see you buying me a copy in April at full release price :D and since I had too many things to do all year, and knew it'd be along for the Christmas sale, I waited.

Was anybody able to get EDGE Snowblind achievement? seems to be broken :(

Last edited:
I didn't see you buying me a copy in April at full release price :D and since I had too many things to do all year, and knew it'd be along for the Christmas sale, I waited.

it was "full release price" for a month then 29.99. i bit at 29.

Any old time Orchestra players out there? Is this Orchestra 2 worth the $20? I was a call of duty 2, Mohaa:Spearhead junkie. Is this along the same lines, but perhaps with a little more modern graphics/gameplay?

Don't care for the new games as much...

Liquid Cool

It certainly looks good! but i just bought borderlands and will be consumed by that for a good long while I think...

People winning shit on steam yet all I got was 33% off Valve (I own all Valve games :rolleyes: ) and 2 fucking coal. That's just grand.

Anybody have a spare copy of Orcs Must Die they want to sell?

If they do like they have in the past and do a best of on the last day of the sale im gonna guess this will make the list. It may not be as low as it was originaly but i would think under $5. That being said this is the third time ive seen it on sale so chances are it will be on sale that low again in the near future.

I bought Orange Box last night. I was looking for Portal, as I really enjoyed Portal 2 (yes I played the second one without playing the first) and OB and Portal were both $5, so I ended up with Portal + a few others games for the same price. That was my first purchase.

Day 3

Mount & Blade -75%
Defense Grid -75%
Sherlock Holmes -75% $2.49
Neverwinter Nights 2 -75% ($4.99)
Arkham City -50% ($24.99)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise -75% off all three
Jurassic Park: The Game -50% ($14.99)
Monday Night Combat -75% $2.49
F1 2011 -50% ($24.99)
Payday: The Heist -50% ($9.99)
Swords & Soldiers -75% ($2.49)
Grotesque Tactics -75%

Am a bit surprised that RAGE does not show up as on sale. However, it is on sale for 15$ so OP might want to add that to the top list.

Arkham City at 2499 sounds decent for a recent release. Might pick up NWN2 just because..

lol, what's the hell, there's no bundle discount if you buy the STALKER bundle. And why does the bundle only have the first and third games.

Does Monday Night Combat depend on an online community? Or does it have a competent singleplayer AI?

Do you guys want the previous deals posted for reference or should I remove them? It's going to get clutter eventually :(

Do you guys want the previous deals posted for reference or should I remove them? It's going to get clutter eventually :(
Maybe put spoiler tags around the old deals to hide them? That way they're still there if someone wants to look at them, but hidden otherwise.

Might also be worth mentioning that the 2 DLC's for Arkham City are half off now as well at $3.49 each.

Agreed regarding the clutter. Maybe keep the previous day's sales and then remove them after that? The post would get way too long within a few days.

Thanks for updating the first post each day, by the way. It's the best way for me to get this info at work!

Help me purchase a game I bought a new pc recently and would like a modern game to play. I like fps.
For a minute there, I was having terrible flashbacks to the Steam forums, with children making new accounts to beg people to buy them $3 dollars because their allowances wouldn't cover it :p. Then I realized you were asking for recommendations. Hrmph, well as far as FPSs go, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is on sale today.

O.k. people I added spoiler tags to the previous deals thanks for the feedback back to sleep for me :eek:

Back