stealth FPS game

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
hi there,

i am looking for a first person shooter/stealth game.
I allways liked the stealthlevels ( submarenebase and such ) in MOH:AA and RTCW or playing Hitman in the ( shitty ) firstperson mode. Too bad Tom Clancey's splinterCell is 3rd person... hate that..
So now or the question..
Doen anyone know a good stealthgame with a bit of action too ( say 70-30 stealth/action ) wich is an FPS? don't care if it's a bit of an old game as long as its fun

thanks

Lone

THIEF! 1 (old), 2(old), or deadly shadows (newish, xbox/pc). It's first person, but your weapons consist of a dagger, bludgeon tool, and bow and arrows. The name of that game is sticking in shadows and staying silent.

can't think of any more now... But another good game on the PC that kinda didn't get soaked by the masses is Deus Ex: Invisible War. There are a few instances of stealth, but not much. It's like 5% stealth/95% ass kickery. All around great game. I enjoyed it alot. Somewhat RPG. FPS.

Fary Cry, kinda.is stealthy...You have to creep around the jungle and shit...

With Far Cry it seems most people develop a certain style of playing that they're comfortable with. Some people run and gun. I tend to go for the stealth/creeping way of playing by staying in the bushes and using silent weapons as much as i can. It's certainly no Thief or Splinter Cell.

thank you :D

But... i allready played thief ( didnt like it that much becouse of the scenario ) but was good :)
And played the Deus ex series ( LOVE to break in the houses :D, reminds me of vampires: the masquerade...Sucht A Good Game !! to bad the maker went down )
And far-cry...well it's ok :) a bit too much action though

anyway, thx for the suggenstion, anyone else? ^^

Lone

No one lives forever 2 has some awesome stealth stuff, you can really sneak around, it works pretty much like stealth in Metal gear solid but it's a really fun and good FPS game. I haven't played the first NOLF but i would recommend nolf2 for a good stealth FPS.

tho it looks like you already tryed it ... Far Cry on hardest settings should quench your "stealthy" needs

most stuff can be avoided by being sneaky ..but there are parts where you have no choice (ie, the jeep chase scene)

:)

FarCry is hard enough for me on the second from easiest setting already. :eek:

I've never played them, but what about the Hitman games? They look like stealth type games. I think they're from the 3rd person POV though.

hitman 1 is extremely hard i thought, but it's really fun and you are required to be stealthy to have a chance. Hitman 2 is a lot more easy and it's really fun, i've heard bad things about the newer ones.

Here's another vote for Far Cry.
I found Thief to be a little tedious as there was a little too much waiting around and creeping without the promise of action. It's a good game, but just not my cup of tea.
Far Cry with the difficulty above normal gives a good balance. Of note...if it's too hard for you at first, I actually found the game got much easier after the first level. Admittedly some levels are very "run and gun," but the ability to approach the levels in totally different ways is nice.

Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB had some stealth elements. I think its a bargin bin game now too.

i played the most recent thief and was not at all impressed. I read on the back of the box or some where that you could get these gloves during the game to climb on walls... you can..but you cant climb onto the roofs??? bah! and soemtimes the AI was insanely slow. Id walk past them holding a body and theyd seem to be frozen.

You could give SWAT 4 a go. Its more tacticle than stealth, but some times being tacticle means going as undetected as possible, taking your time, ect.

Not totally stealth, but far from run and gun shooters.

Thief games are excelt for this, i'd seriously suggest playing them in order even though the origional Thief is now quite old, it's still a fantastic game for stealth.

Thief 2 was a great revision an IMO is the best in the series, theres 100's of fan made missions a lot of which are very professional.

Thief 3 was really disapointing, made for consoles it really just took a big steamy crap on the thief series, 3rd person view, removing rope arrows etc, it looks the nicest out of all the game but it's definatly the worst in my eyes.

I might play thief 2 through again sometime soon :D

Again like other people have mentioned, system shock 2 can be played with a lot of stealth, deus ex and deus ex 2. No One Lives Forever 2 did have some good stealth moments, both the Soldier of Fortune games had stealth meters and stealth missions in the game, although mostly action you could do a lot of them stealth like with knifes and silenced weapons. Hitman 1 and 2 were decent games, very dark, with a fair bit of stealth, the newer ones are really stupid though, the latest revision I played the first mission and binned the game when loads of enemys hit me head on.

If you're big on FPS stealth i'd have to recommend Planetside a futuristic FPS MMO which is really in the latter stages of dieing now (shame really) but has a class which can totaly cloak! Allowing you to sneak around in truly first person roaming worlds (continents) and do all sorts of devious stuff.

Deus Ex had some nice stealth elements, and a kickass story to boot.

Don't bother with Deus Ex 2 though - terrible game.

Postal 2 had some intense stealth elements to it

errrmm ....*cough*

[F]old|[H]

dirtydr said:
Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB had some stealth elements. I think its a bargin bin game now too.

I'll second that notion. Riddick was the first "stealth" game I played that didn't end up turning into trial and error gameplay. It has a very simple stealth system that allows the player to be as sneaky or as hard-core as they want to be. Unfortunatley, I'd say the ratio is about 50/50 action/stealth, in addition to the fact that there are alot of plot driven objectives and dialouge that have nothing to do with either.

Its definately worth a look though. I thought it was one of the best sleeper hits I have ever played.

Having said that, I have not played any of the Theif series so :p .

Back