State Uses Google Tools To Find Offensive Plates

HardOCP News

[H] News
If your application for custom license plates was denied in your state, Google is probably to blame. Damn you Google, damn you!

“We received several complaints and actually had to send the Secretary of State Police to the man’s home several times because he didn’t answer the door or the vehicle wasn’t there when he did,” said Wanzo. Officers finally met the man at his workplace and retrieved the plates, which were shredded and recycled.

As long as it doesn't block me from getting new HARDOCP plates, I don't care ;) Some states have a problem with the word "hard" in your plates. :(

Lame, I couldn't care less what peoples plates say. The more random, the more entertaining when I'm stuck in traffic.

They just HAD to mention protecting the children on there... If it takes adults so much work to decipher the plates, how would children fare much better out on the street?

Puritans.

“Even with the economy the way it is, we are still getting a lot of plate requests,”
Really? This is surprising, which particular neighborhoods do you see the largest percentage of flashy rims on crappy cars? ahem.. the poor neighborhoods or ghettos.

I seem to recall a post where Kyle could get a “HUMMER” in Texas. License plate that is.:)

I pulled up behind someone with BBRFVR the other day. That should be banned too haha.

Good ole Illinois, anti 2nd ammendment, and it now seems to be anti 1st ammendment.

I don't see the problem. Most of the people that would be offended are probably too stupid to read them. :eek:

They just HAD to mention protecting the children on there... If it takes adults so much work to decipher the plates, how would children fare much better out on the street?

Puritans.
because a lot of the slang the old people are trying to figure out is current teen filth.

Nice to know the State Police have nothing better to do than harass some guy about his license plate. Guess there is no real crime in Illinois. :rolleyes:

Go jump off a bridge.

By telling him to jump off a bridge, aka commit suicide, your communicated intent is that you want people that you dislike to die, thereby silencing those with thoughts you disagree with, the end result being a rather permanent form of censorship. All that you have managed to do is prove his point. Way to go, slugger! ;)

There was recently a story on the news here in Colorado about a lady whose license plate request was denied. She was a vegan and wanted her plate to be: LUVTOFU. The department of motor vehicles apparently believed the plate was intended to broadcast her sluttiness to the world.

There was recently a story on the news here in Colorado about a lady whose license plate request was denied. She was a vegan and wanted her plate to be: LUVTOFU. The department of motor vehicles apparently believed the plate was intended to broadcast her sluttiness to the world.

I fail to see the connection between Tofu and sluttiness.

By telling him to jump off a bridge, aka commit suicide, your communicated intent is that you want people that you dislike to die, thereby silencing those with thoughts you disagree with, the end result being a rather permanent form of censorship. All that you have managed to do is prove his point. Way to go, slugger! ;)

Nah I just like giving silly commands to people who make silly comments. Glad you enjoyed it kid.

Huh, Ohio must be rather lax then. A couple years back I saw some old lady driving her land yacht with "OLDFART" plates. I admit that was one of the best vanity plates I've ever seen. Poor Illinois is missing out on such opportunities as "FARTATK" and "FARTRKT" based on their ban on bodily function-related plates.

I can't believe it costs $193 for Vanity plates there.
I wonder if that is a 1 time fee or yearly fee?
I think we pay $10 or $15 here in VA per year.

2 years ago my brother had his plates revoked. It said DRATKCUF
New plates say WOLSNKF

I can't believe it costs $193 for Vanity plates there.
I wonder if that is a 1 time fee or yearly fee?
I think we pay $10 or $15 here in VA per year.

2 years ago my brother had his plates revoked. It said DRATKCUF
New plates say WOLSNKF

If he wants to advertise to the world he is a stupid piece of shit fucktard im all for it. My only disappointment is the letter limitation for these dumbasses not being able to fit their full description on the plate.

I have 2 vanity plates, but need one for the sportbike.....

I was thinking "APT GET" since I'm a Linux/Ubuntu admin. Whatcha guys think?

It seems if the state is going to infringe upon our freedom of expression they should have to pay for the orig plates and pay for any new ones we want. Course I see someone taking this to Supreme court hopefully.

If I want to change my name to Mr. Sikn Fkntrdodissht are they going to deny me a name change? What if I named a child that? They going to force me to use an "approved" name for my child that will end up on a STATE ID CARD then later a STATE DRIVERS LICENSE?!

This is bogus and is censorship and I'm pretty sure infringes on freedom of speech and freedom of expression simultaneously.

Good ole Illinois, anti 2nd amendment, and it now seems to be anti 1st amendment.

My brother was able to have "FUN GOO" for a license plate until someone complained. Illinois is a pretty messes up state, but after living in Fl. for over a decade, other states are pretty effed up too.

Back