State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition

evilsofa

[H]F Junkie
State of Decay: YOSE has a release date of April 28. If you already own State of Decay, you can pre-purchase on Steam for $20 instead of the normal price of $30.

According to stateofdecay.com: "Beautifully remastered in 1080p, it will include State of Decay, 'Lifeline' and 'Breakdown' Add-Ons, along with new weapons, vehicles, gameplay and Achievements."

...and a lack of penis-laden textures, lest ye forget.

If I've already got the original game and DLCs on Steam, is it worth $20 to get this?

Edit: found a thread with details about what's new in YOSE. Hm, I'll have to think about it. I did buy the game and DLCs when they were on sale for $10 total.

Last edited:
One of my favorite games and probably my favorite zombie survival game. I'll probably end up buying it.

Just wish the base building was a bit more fleshed out and had more areas to choose from.

Oh, also that the survivors that go on missions weren't so dumb and wouldn't get in trouble all the time

$20 seems like too much...I paid $20 for the original and I would say I maybe barely got my money's worth out of that.

To much should be free if your own the original.
Its a fun game for a bit till you you have to baby sit and go save your npcs and can only carry one bag of loot and the dam zomibes spawning right on top of you is lame.

The base defense one was fun though

Eh, companies need money and $20 isn't bad.

Look at FROM and Dark Souls 2 and their recent enhanced edition that you have to pay for again ($30 if you own the original I think?). People bitch but they'll still buy.

hey i got this game, without having to spend an hour watching reviews and youtube videos can anyone tell me the difference between the three games on the menu? what do i start? i never played before.

bleh, like hell im gonna wait untill who knows when for an answer. started the first run on "breakdown", running @ 2560x1440 with aa @ 32xcsaa and af @ 16x both forced on the driver settings, it looks pretty good!

Well Lifeline and Breakdown are the DLCs, so if you want to start from the original then I would do that.

yeah it seemed like an improved version of the original game, the game is simple but is pretty good (so far)! had to create a custom user.cfg to run @2560x1440, its a trivial thing, works like a boss now. default settings only supports 1080p, bleh.

As far as graphics, how would this be any much better than the existing version? "Remastered in 1080p" is sort of a irrelevant feature when talking about PC gaming since we choose our own resolution anyway. Only with consoles would that have any relevance.

How many times are they going to re-release this game? I loved it when it came out, but it's time for a new game, with multiplayer options.

Just give us that + updated graphics/mechanics and a laaaaaaaarge new world to explore and most people will be happy.

As far as graphics, how would this be any much better than the existing version? "Remastered in 1080p" is sort of a irrelevant feature when talking about PC gaming since we choose our own resolution anyway. Only with consoles would that have any relevance.

Well, in this particular case they had to remaster in order to remove all the penises from the textures, which would have become visible at the higher resolution settings.

Back