Startup script

walwalka

2[H]4U
We are having troubles with Java 7 update 11 which we deployed earlier this week. When using a java heavy website the screen flickers a few times and then the computer just reboots..

We are looking to uninstall all verison of java and then deploy and older version that we have.

We are using this script to run a .vbs, if I place it on my desktop and double click it. The script runs the .vbs from it's network location and uninstalls java.

@echo off

cscript /nologo \\"servername"\GPinstalls\java\JavaUninstallScript.vbs /keeponly

Now if I try and run it from a startup script the script fails.

The location of the .vbs is in a shared location and we deploy our software from the same folder.

The computer is getting the policy from the network, but it will not run the .vbs. The vb script is lengthy, I don't want to post it.

If there is a better option to uninstall java I'm open to that as well. I just need to get it uninstalled.

Thanks

Let me know if I have forgotten anything, as I can't remember everything that I have tried at the moment.

Well now it magically it works, I left work and did some other things. Once I got home, I VPN'd in and tried it on the office workstation and it works. I added the log to it so that I know what is going on in the future.

Thank you for your help

Back