Starting to see cheap used GPU's

motqalden

[H]ard|DCOTM x5
I have been browsing Craigslist and i am starting to see 1070's for $600 Canadian or less.
This is down ~ 200 from a couple weeks ago. Maybe some miners are starting to dump inventory? I looked at my 1070's and even at my current payouts it would be 7-8 months to make that back but i'm still tempted... Thinking i will wait a bit more and see how this plays out :D

Crypto went down about 20% this week, cutting into already slim profits. I’ve contemplated selling my 1070s.

also spring cleaning time. a lot of miners in cold climates load up on rigs to use as heaters.

Yeah i wasn't really wondering why so much as commenting on the unusual (of late) seeing GPU's being sold below their msrp

Crypto prices would have to triple to make paying $600 for a used 1070 a good deal.

I also see a lot of cards for sale at /r/hardwareswap, often in multiples. Definitely people starting to drop out of alt-coin mining the last two weeks.

If I needed a card and were buying on the used market right now, I'd just start making lower price offers. Smart sellers will probably start accepting lower prices, ahead of the continued dumping of no longer very profitable cards, and newer cards coming out.

The price bubble has burst, somewhat. Was looking at 1080 ti prices at MC last night. Same exact cards $2-300 less than two months ago.

the market will swing up and down. it's natures way of weeding out the true believers and the ones trying to make a quick buck. keep in mind, there were many noobs who paid $1200 per 1080Ti to mine with not knowing any better. as the market turns for the worst, they're all regretting their decisions and trying to cut their losses. my opinion, buy low and hodl (same goes with GPUs).

i have seen a few 580s pop up in the fs forums, but they are asking the same overpricing prices as Newegg is new ones.

Back