Starting to rethink my 360 purchase.

denzys

n00b
Lately I've been thinking how much dust my 360 has been collecting, I haven't been playing it much at all. I reckon it'd be a totally different story with a PS3 because the PSN's free and the quality of the graphics is to touch-myself over.

You guys got any pros-cons to this?

It sucks I know...got a stack of 20 games I never got around to finishing. If it was not for the old lady watching Netflix on that thing it would lie dormant.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. I've grown bored of my 360 as of late. I have no need or desire to shell out for Xbox Live Gold to do something as trivial as watch netflix or a youtube video in my living room. I'm gearing up to sell my 360 and get a PS3 in the coming months. I'm done giving Microsoft my money.

I feel the same. Being a PC gamer all my life, consoles just bore me (I'm playing BF3 and skyrim on xbox)

Last edited:
I have a PS3 that basically is just used to stream media to my TV. I hardly ever play games on it anymore.....so I know how you feel.

Every time I've held an Xbox controller I felt like tossing it up in the air and blowing it to pieces with my 12 gauge. Why Microsoft went with a design that feels and look like Fisher-Price made it I will never know.

Anyway, I bought my first console since the SNES (yea, a SNES is the last console I bought) about 3 weeks ago...a 320gb PS3 bundled with Uncharted 3. While I'll still be doing the majority on my gaming on the PC, I don't see myself buying an Xbox...ever. While it's mostly all personal preference, I did a lot of research and tried both consoles out before purchasing and the PS3 just wins.

Last edited:
I really enjoy my Xbox 360 and the Live Gold experience we get. Could it be cheaper? Sure. Oh well.

I dislike my thumbs colliding while playing PS3...

Maybe I have large hands?

I much prefer the 360 controller, even use it on my PC for car games.

I dislike my thumbs colliding while playing PS3...

Maybe I have large hands?

I much prefer the 360 controller, even use it on my PC for car games.

I know what you mean! My hands are so accustomed to the 360 controller, that when I was playing on friend's PS3, it felt awkward as hell.

The major problem with getting rid of my 360 is, I lose all my achievements :(.
And all the games I worked hard to buy go to the dumps.

I know what you mean! My hands are so accustomed to the 360 controller, that when I was playing on friend's PS3, it felt awkward as hell.

I've always hated the PS style controller, from the PS1 back when I also owned an N64, then when my friend bought a PS2 and I had an Xbox, and now with the PS3. They feel like they're designed for hands far smaller than mine, and just sit awkwardly in my hands.

I've always hated the PS style controller, from the PS1 back when I also owned an N64, then when my friend bought a PS2 and I had an Xbox, and now with the PS3. They feel like they're designed for hands far smaller than mine, and just sit awkwardly in my hands.

It's like the PS controller is made for dainty hands.

I like the 360 controller. Its just about the perfect size for my hands and the fisher price looks are awesome! I even get compliments on my blue 360 controller :)

But yeah I haven't played my 360 for months now. Actually its not even hooked up, its in its box and is buried under some random boxes. I think Mortal Kombat was the last game that I actually put any decent amount of time into it.

Personally I'm a PC gamer for life. But the last year has revived my love for console. I own xbox, ps3, wii, PC. Find some old games to rent or something. I borrow halo reach and am almost done with it.
GTA, Just Cause 2, whatever you like.

Pros:
Can sit my lazy ass on the couch and play while kids are in eyesight
Streaming media from file server (ps3/xbox)
Controller is nice but takes a lot of geting used to compared to pc.
big ass tv
small footprint
can play other people on same screen

Cons:
online cost money (screw that)
not mouse/controller
louder than my pc
no headphones (don't like the headset)

that's just a few off the top of my head.
Personally i agree with the ps3 controller. I really don't like it, but twisted metal comes out next month. woohoo

Besides Minecraft, I only play games on my 360. Up until late last year, I hadn't had a PC capable of actually gaming for 8-9 years. Long story short, the 360 fit my lifestyle perfectly for quite a long time. And I've since grown accustomed to playing on it. Even shooters I enjoy playing on my 360.

Than again, I'm not a terribly competitive gamer either...

If it wasnt for halo, i probably wouldnt own an xbox.. Though gears of wars is great.. Still only 1 franchise holds me to it.

i have small hands and i like the 360 controller more, if they could just fix the d-pad it'd be perfect

I believe the new controllers have fixed that. The black and white buttoned one. And the new razer onza controllers. They're sweet!

But yeah, to the few who are more PC Gamers, I myself rather PC over consoles, its just some games keep me tethered to the consoles.
Minecraft and DotA are the most addicting for me. Waiting on SWTOR.

You want graphics? Get a video card.
6 year old graphics make u touch yourself? You'll rip your dick out with a 7 series...

BTW that 360 controller is the "Transforming Dpad" one. The Dpad is chrome. I got one for my PC, it's excellent.

If it wasnt for halo, i probably wouldnt own an xbox.. Though gears of wars is great.. Still only 1 franchise holds me to it.

Heh, same, here :(

EDIT: I take that back, the latest CoD game, whenever it's out. I call it stress relief whenever I'm tired of getting my ass kicked.

Heh, same, here :(

EDIT: I take that back, the latest CoD game, whenever it's out. I call it stress relief whenever I'm tired of getting my ass kicked.

Halo ties me down too! Dude, have you played LA Noire on the 360?
Sure the graphics arent as great as a PS3, but the gameplays impeccable.
Always chills me out after three hours of dota. LOL

I don't care for the PS3 controller over my x360 controller .. haven't had a Gold account in years and I'd get a PS3 just for the free online gaming despite the weenie controller

I don't care for the PS3 controller over my x360 controller .. haven't had a Gold account in years and I'd get a PS3 just for the free online gaming despite the weenie controller

There's so much truth to that. Damn.
Does PS3 have any good exclusives? I'm not talking like, God of War and stuff. Other ones.

Speaking of controllers- has anyone here tried any of the aftermarket "xbox 360 style" controllers for the ps3? Like many others here have just said, I prefer the 360 controller over the ps3 one as well. I was playing my ps3 for the first time in a while last night and within less than an hour my hands were cramped up really bad. I can play for hours on the 360 though without pain.

Speaking of controllers- has anyone here tried any of the aftermarket "xbox 360 style" controllers for the ps3? Like many others here have just said, I prefer the 360 controller over the ps3 one as well. I was playing my ps3 for the first time in a while last night and within less than an hour my hands were cramped up really bad. I can play for hours on the 360 though without pain.

I have one of these.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/05/06/afterglow-ax-1-xbox-360-controller-review

It's USB but I don't knwo if it will work on the PS3 or not. Feels very solid, well built, LED's can be turned off or on or to only come on at certain times....but it feels exactly like a stock 360 controller, but has the smooth surface unlike the stock 360 controllers' textured surface

Those PS3 controllers sux a mean left phat donkey ball all the way back to PS1 days. And those analog knobs doesn't help it. They gives you no control vs the Xbox360 analog feels perfect

Those PS3 controllers sux a mean phat donkey balls all the way back to PS1 days. And those analog knobs doesn't help it. They gives you no control vs the Xbox360 analog feels perfect

controllers made for 12 year old asian hands are NOT the way to go...they are too small and I wish Sony made an american hand sized one.....

There's so much truth to that. Damn.
Does PS3 have any good exclusives? I'm not talking like, God of War and stuff. Other ones.

Uncharted Series> everything else
Ratchet and Clank Series > everything else except uncharted

controllers made for 12 year old asian hands are NOT the way to go...they are too small and I wish Sony made an american hand sized one.....

You mean like the original xbox controller which got replaced by the smaller model made for asian markets? (so the current model based off that one is infact a controller design for 12 year old asian hands :p) It's still terrible, and I wish PC developers would stop making it the exclusive controller in games.

But anyway you can use any driverless usb controller with the ps3, so just get a bigger one? :confused:

I have never owned a 360 or PS3, but my wii has not been turned on (or plugged in) for well over a year.

You mean like the original xbox controller which got replaced by the smaller model made for asian markets? (so the current model based off that one is infact a controller design for 12 year old asian hands :p) It's still terrible, and I wish PC developers would stop making it the exclusive controller in games.

But anyway you can use any driverless usb controller with the ps3, so just get a bigger one? :confused:

The handle bits on the current 360 controller actually fit in my hands. The old chunky Xbox controllers did as well, but so do the current ones. The PS3 controller does not, never has, even when I was a young teenager playing PS1 it was awkward compared to the wonderfully designed N64 controller, you'd need minature hands to make use of the awkwardly angled and sized handle bits, would be better without them IMO.

As far as controllers over the generations have gone, for me personally the best ones have been N64 -> Xbox -> Xbox 360.

yeah 'cause after plunking down change for a console and a few games the very first thing I want to do is run out and spend EVEN MORE money on a new controller.

I always wondered why the Playstation controllers were so small. Didn't Sony do a study before releasing the PS1 and discover that the average age most guys wanted to be the most was 19 and thus they marketed the PS1 to appeal to 19 year olds? Pretty sure I remember seeing that on xtended play or something like that. And if that was the case then shouldn't the PS controller be a little bigger???

I always wondered why the Playstation controllers were so small. Didn't Sony do a study before releasing the PS1 and discover that the average age most guys wanted to be the most was 19 and thus they marketed the PS1 to appeal to 19 year olds? Pretty sure I remember seeing that on xtended play or something like that. And if that was the case then shouldn't the PS controller be a little bigger???

huh? What's that have to do with controller size?

Love my 360, love my Ps3.
Owning both is where it's at. :D
Both have great exclusives, but 360 is the king of console online play. Nothing can touch Live. If the choice is paying for it or not having it....I'll continue paying for it.
/thread

I've been primarily a PC gamer since the mid 2000s. I actually had a PS3/XB360/Wii at one point and sold them. The Wii and PS3 never got used, the XB was used mostly for Netflix until our XBL sub ended, then it was only used for streaming from my PC. Ended up selling that when I built a HTPC.

2-3 months later, Halo Anniversary was announced. I jumped on the 2011 holiday bundle w/ Halo Reach. Got GoW3 and NHL12 for Christmas, so it will get used some.....as soon as I"m over SWTOR...

If your a PC gamer why the hell are you playing BF3 on the 360? :eek:

hehe. My bro gave me his 360 because he didn't use it anymore, and bought me BF3 for christmas. So i figured I might as well try it. But my god, I can't aim at all with a controller. :(

your average 19 year old guy doesn't have hands like the average 12 year old which seems to be what the PS controllers are made for.

Go re-read your post. You're not making any sense dude.

Back