Starting a youtube series.

Aleks

Limp Gawd
Not sure if this is an okay section to put this in but, I consider it art, and it is digital sooo

I've wanted to start some kind of internet show for a while now. It may be the narcissist in me, but I'm pumped about it.

So far we have one promo that I just put up, and we're trying to do one video a week. I have next weeks promo edited and completely done up just waiting for the time to tick over.

We will be having regular episodes not just these promo's, it's just these are easier to shoot and hopefully they'll give us a consistent feed for the fan base that we acquire (or don't acquire), but the main thing is that it's been fun to do so far.

So here's the first video, like I said it's just a promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhxEUIzQ5yc
http://malcolmfalcon.com/

as for the technicals:

Shot in San Francisco
Shot entirely on canon DSLR's

Canon 60D
Canon 5d mk2
11-16 tamron 2.8
17-40 canon L 4.0
35mm Zeiss 2.0
50mm Zeiss 1.4
50mm Canon 1.2
85mm Zeiss 1.4
100mm Canon Macro 2.8

Misc LED lighting, 3x 500LED, 1x 1000LED
Misc audio, mostly rode and sennheiser mic's

The end was rendered in After Effects, if you guys have any comments, especially on the website layout, let me know. Thats the main area I think I'm lacking experience in, the design is very simple, and I have a couple ideas but maybe someone else could shoot me some.

Anyways hope you guys dig it.

awesome i'll try to keep up with the series. hope everything goes well, good luck!

Interesting, great quality video and audio :)

The website is nice, but you may want to either make the picture clickable to the youtube channel or the latest/episode promo link above the fold.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks guys, I guess this website is a teaser in itself for now, I want to reveal more of the sight and have more pages, like character bios, a blog, etc.

One thing I'm on the ropes is revealing the crew that shoots it, I don't really want there to be credits on the site or on any videos. I want it to be very much about the characters, to the point where you can put aside the fact that something was filmed.

Episode 2 was just invited to share in Youtube's ad revenue program

Glanced at Ep 1. Can't stand the audio, sounds like I am in a can.

yeah, it gets dodgy sometimes since typically there's only 3 of us total on set filming, but were getting better and recruited more people to help in production.

Were slowly streamlining the process

Ya, I looked at Ep 4 and the sound is much better.

How do you like those Zeiss lenses? My friend is thinking about getting one this year to use on his 7D. He is currently using a 24-105L since the IS helps a lot with the video, but he does want a faster lens for some indoor shooting using natural light.

I love the zeiss lenses. We basically stopped using the canon 1.2 and stick to the zeiss 50mm 1.4, and then the 85mm 1.4 is just crazy beautiful pictures.

They work great on everything and shake is obviously less noticeable on a 5D because of the full frame. The one thing we're missing is a good zoom lens. I think a canon or tokina 70-200 will be our next lens to get. We used a canon 70-200 with IS on episode 4, for basically one shot, and it was great, though the sound of the IS is a killer with audio.

yeah, I'll get around to making a full webdesign once we get a bit more episodes.

Back